Are Eurorepar parts any good

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Cutac
My Cars: 2011 B7 Citroen C4 1.4 VTi
2006 Citroen C4 2.0 VTS

Are Eurorepar parts any good

Post by Cutac »

Hello everyone,

long time no see, seems like I come here only when I have a question to ask :oops: :mrgreen:

Anyways, my VTS has had a service done in 2016 at the dealer. That was done by the previous owner, brakes on all four corners and the timing belt + water pump. That was done 30 thousand miles ago, five and a half years. It was all good until I decided to replace the front brake discs and pads because I had a steering wheel wobble under braking. It turned out that the discs were the culprit, but I've also seen that the discs weren't a particularly quality item. They were quite rusty and inner braking surface wasn't being used whole, there were rust stripes on the outer and inner edge. Something not present now.
On brake pads was written "Eurorepar" which makes me believe that the timing belt is also Eurorepar. And led by the experiences with the brakes, I really have no faith in Eurorepar parts quality.
I've ordered the new Dayco timing belt kit and will be replacing it in about two weeks.

So now I'm asking you, are Eurorepar parts really low quality stuff or was I just unlucky with the brakes. Also, would almost 6 years and 30k miles be too much for an Eurorepar timing belt?
I'm now genuinely concerned about driving the car until I get the Dayco installed. :(
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Are Eurorepar parts any good

Post by GiveMeABreak »

https://www.motortrader.com/motor-trade ... 21-07-2017

As you can see, Eurorepar are part of PSA / Stellantis selling multi-brand parts. But like anything, you have a choice, so cheaper parts are not going to be for everybody.

I would never use aftermarket or cheaper parts for sensors or timing belts or to replace any other system critical part. I would stick to originals. But for wear and tear things like pads and discs that are replaced more frequently, it may not be such an issue.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Cutac
2006 Citroen C4 2.0 VTS

Post by Cutac »

So, in short, yes, I should be worried. :(
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Eurorepar parts are not cheap 'grey' or unbranded parts, but are sold by Citroen (and Peugeot) through their dealer Parts counters, and regularly fitted to customer cars as part of warranty and routine servicing work, where both parts and labour carry are warranted.

I don't have reservations about using them, particularly where a part failure is readily rectified - eg brake discs and pads. For "buried" parts (such as a crankshaft, or gearbox internals, or maybe a clutch) I'd certainly be looking at known major brands, including Citroen originals.

For a huge choice of the major branded alternatives, you could do worse than look on PSA/Stellantis' own site Mister Auto, where it's not uncommon to find half-a-dozen alternative branded parts. Some of these will almost certainly be (or have been) Citroen original equipment (O.E.) items, simply because, like most vehicle manufacturers, PSA assemble their cars from components made by component suppliers.

Eurorepar is a marketing brand which doesn't appear on Mister Auto, but then there BOLK, Mister Auto's own label, and usually the cheapest offered. Getting to the bottom of who-exactly-makes-what is not easy, and usually impossible. Packing and component marking sometimes gives a good clue.

Citroen 'original' parts are likely to be the best quality and spec to be easily found, and can be trusted. They certainly come with the fullest practicable warranty (normal wear-and-tear excluded, of course), and I would always allow a Citroen workshop to use them on an involved and expensive repair, because there can be no come-back on parts "quality" or choice of parts. For d.i.y. repair work, it's a different matter. You have the choice.
Chris
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I never have those unbranded parts fitted to my car Chris - all servicing and warranty work I have done is with OEM Citroen branded parts.

It's important to make the distinction between servicing and repair options I think. You can opt for 'essentials' where 'approved' parts are used, which is cheaper. The same is true of fixed price repairs. They offer OEM parts or 'Approved' parts - but always a choice.
CITROËN ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT - Maintenance using Citroën Genuine parts, suitable on Citroën vehicles of any age:

100% Citroën - engineered and developed specifically for your Citroën
Optimum Performance - the best quality parts that can be used to maintain a Citroën
Enhanced Durability - designed to last longer
Comes with a 12 months parts and labour warranty

CITROËN APPROVED PARTS - Maintenance using Eurorepar parts:

Is a range of our own competitively priced range of parts
Designed to meet European specifications and quality standards for your vehicle
Suitable for all makes and models including a 2 years parts and labour warranty.
Although I appreciate the irony of it all concerning the warranty, where the OEM parts only get 12 months parts and warranty compared to 24 for the Eurorepar :roll:

Marc
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Marc, are you saying that Eurorepar parts are 'unbranded' ?
Chris
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No - bad choice of word Chris - non-OEM as opposed to unbranded.

Marc
picassodad
My Cars: pug306, citroen picasso

Post by picassodad »

Etching on discs, has the car been standing idle for sometime during lockdown ?

I don't know that brand and get my parts from local motor factor, but specific fasteners from car manufacturers dealer.

Some years ago someone in this county whos car crashed due to track control arm corrosion failure due to corrosion. The TCA was only 3 years old from memory, but who knows, perhaps the owner jacked the car up under the TCA, something that should not be done.

You pays your money and takes your chance I suppose.

Surely parts have to met an EU standard else they cannot be sold.

Trust nothing from e bay.

A friend fitted a £5 eBay transit bottom ball joint that failed very quickly, luckily at very slow speed in Tesco car park !
Cutac
2006 Citroen C4 2.0 VTS

Post by Cutac »

So then I shouldn't be so concerned?

Car is driven usually once a week if the weather's nice, around the countryside. This is what one of the discs looked like, side facing towards the engine bay.