Xsara Picasso 2007 Fan not working

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Puzzled
My Cars: Picasso 2007

Xsara Picasso 2007 Fan not working

Post by Puzzled »

Hi, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

My engine fan stopped working. A friend took a look for me.

I am left with multiple issues. Fan still not working, heater and air con not working, main beam and front washer jet not working, lights only go off when ignition turned off. Diagnostics show no fault.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Re: Xsara Picasso 2007 Fan not working

Post by mickthemaverick »

Hi Puzzled and :welc: to the forum.

If I have read your post correctly its a good job you didn't get an enemy to look at it for you! As so many apparently unrelated things have gone awry I would suggest you check all your fuses and then carry out the BSI reset procedure which you will find listed in the Citroen part of the forum. Then post up a plea for assistance in the Citroen section called 'Xsara Picasso help needed' or similar and you will get responses from members with far more expertise than me. In the meantime checkout the other parts of the forum and join in wherever takes your fancy! :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

Hi and welcome too. Were all the issues there from the start or have they grown in number as testing progressed?
Puzzled
My Cars: Picasso 2007

Post by Puzzled »

Only since they looked at it
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

ok. As Mick says, go to the bit marked "Board Index" and repeat your request under "Citroen". More experts will read that bit than "introductions". See you on Citroen shortly.