Central locking issue and hello 👋

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gaz78
My Cars: Citroen dispatch 2016 2.0 hdi

Central locking issue and hello 👋

Post by Gaz78 »

Hey guys. Just joined the forum, so first of all hi 👋

I've a 2016 (2005-2016 mk2 jumpy) Citroen dispatch 2.0hdi. When I bought it couple years back I had an issue whereby I could only lock the back door with the key as it didn't lock on the remote central locking fob. However the remote fob did unlock the rear door (and the other doors) fine. As it was only just 3 years old it went in to Citroen and they replaced (I believe) a relay in the bsi module, which solved the issue and all central locking worked fine.....untill now 🙄

As I need to likely sort this now at my own cost, does anyone have any knowledge of what I may need to change? I gather the module is under the steering wheel but wouldn't know which relay needs switching out that controls central locking?

Any help or advice much appreciated guys 👍
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Re: Central locking issue and hello 👋

Post by Dormouse »

Hello and welcome. Do you have two keys and does the fault happen with both keys? cheers.
Gaz78

Post by Gaz78 »

Dormouse wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 11:13 Hello and welcome. Do you have two keys and does the fault happen with both keys? cheers.
I've only got 1 x remote key and 1 x plain key.

If I use either keys in the drivers door lock to manually lock the van, it still only locks all doors apart from rear door. However unlocking manually, or on the key fob, it does unlock the back door (obviously only if I've manually locked the back door on its own lock)......hope that makes sense!
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

Yes it does, and it answers all the questions I might have had. I will have to pass this on to someone with better knowledge of your van. You might need your VIN number handy so get it now just in case. cheers
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I take it you've ruled out selective locking / unlocking of the cab / load areas?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gaz78

Post by Gaz78 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 13:47 I take it you've ruled out selective locking / unlocking of the cab / load areas?
Yep definitely 👌
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)

Post by Dormouse »

Sorry to chip back in but my rear door lock mechanism turned out to be worn and that is what gave me problems in getting the rear door to lock on the button. It worked on the key manually and unlocked with all the doors. It just didn't always lock on the button. cheers
Gaz78

Post by Gaz78 »

Dormouse wrote: 11 Sep 2021, 14:37 Sorry to chip back in but my rear door lock mechanism turned out to be worn and that is what gave me problems in getting the rear door to lock on the button. It worked on the key manually and unlocked with all the doors. It just didn't always lock on the button. cheers
Did you need to replace the mechanism or can it be repaired?
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)

Post by Dormouse »

I changed the complete lock and fitted new latches all round. This was quite a long drawn out process and probably needs an article written about it but the short version is that I didn't try to repair the worn lock but fitting a new latch improved the situation but didn't totally solve it.
I also did work on improving the sliding door contact pad and it has been totally reliable so far.
Pint Pot was a 200,000 mile battered bucket when I bought her Trade at not much more than her scrap value - only saving grace was the 35000 mile engine in her, a good gearbox and a tidy interior.
Gaz78

Post by Gaz78 »

Dormouse wrote: 12 Sep 2021, 12:09 I changed the complete lock and fitted new latches all round. This was quite a long drawn out process and probably needs an article written about it but the short version is that I didn't try to repair the worn lock but fitting a new latch improved the situation but didn't totally solve it.
I also did work on improving the sliding door contact pad and it has been totally reliable so far.
Pint Pot was a 200,000 mile battered bucket when I bought her Trade at not much more than her scrap value - only saving grace was the 35000 mile engine in her, a good gearbox and a tidy interior.
I'm pretty sure it's a case of needing to change the relay in the bsi I mentioned in first post, but just not 100% sure where or which one it is. I say I'm sure that's what it is, as 2 years ago that's what citroen changed to rectify the problem, although as it was a good will gesture they admitted using one off a used car on the forecourt, so it could of just failed again.