rt6 software/firmware upgrade

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

skragamuffin
My Cars: C4 exclusive 1.6hdi

rt6 software/firmware upgrade

Post by skragamuffin »

hi all i have a C4 hatch with rt6 sat nav built in software version RNEG2.20.E.5 i want to upgrade this to the latest version possible without causing any issues i have read that 2.86 can cause issues with resetting the whole system and echo on the bluetooth system. so i was wondering if anyone could please give me any advice on this and maybee even supply the files for me to update the system if so i also believe that the code can be generated from the vin code using a bit of java script i would like the highest firmware update for 2 reasons for my own personal minds state and the fact i want postcode searching
thanks for reading
Paul
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: rt6 software/firmware upgrade

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think you may be confused Paul. Firmware updates need no VIN or codes or javascript. I think you may be getting mixed up with the Map Updates specifically that require a licence file.

Firmware does not need a licence file and is a straight update with the caveat that yes, some updates, notably V2.86 can reset the RT6 to default values, losing the configuration, which can affect functionality. This depends an a larger extent on the firmware version that you are updating from. I believe that early versions pose a higher risk of this happening.

My personal advice would be to get the dealer to do it for you. Although the software CD only costs about £10, it may cost you an hour of diagnostic time for them to apply the update, but at least if things go toes up they will be obligated to fix it. Just make sure you get them to confirm the system is fully operational and functional beforehand.

The risk of applying firmware from the USB or a copied CD is that the files may be corrupt in transfer. A genuine software CD from Citroen will be intact.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
skragamuffin
My Cars: C4 exclusive 1.6hdi

Re: rt6 software/firmware upgrade

Post by skragamuffin »

thank you