Multi Couche Sphere for Non-Hydractive Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

aneesh84
My Cars:

Multi Couche Sphere for Non-Hydractive Xantia

Post by aneesh84 »

I wanted to find a Multicouche Sphere for my Non-Hydractive Xantia instead of the usual Part Reference, since I want to keep my Xantia for a long time without the hassle of changing spheres every 3 years.

For the Front I found a Part Reference 1638041480, in some french forums which is not an officially listed part number for my car. This is available in Portugal in offcial Authorised Dealer

https://loja.sofrapa.pt/Store/Reference ... 1638041480

But I wanted to experiement a little. So if the helpful forum mods have any means to check if the above part number is really Multicouche?
Xantia Estate 1999 2.0 HDI 110
C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138
Nissan Leaf 2018 40Kwh
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Multi Couche Sphere for Non-Hydractive Xantia

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I don't think there's anyway we can provide this information as this is the official part number and there is no detailed information about the internal components on a part by part basis. You would have to contact the actual manufacturer of the specific brand to find that out.

The same part numbers may be used by different part manufacturers for compatibility purposes - but is no guarantee of the quality of the materials unless buying a well-known brand or the original from the dealer. Take an engine sensor - 10 manufacturers will use the part number for compatibility, but it's common sense that say a Bosch or Delphi part costing £100 is going to be a much higher quality than a part made in China for £10.....
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
aneesh84
My Cars:

Post by aneesh84 »

this is an official Citroen part not from another company
C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138
Nissan Leaf 2018 40Kwh
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So you'll need to find the manufacturer from the dealer - or wait until you have the part to see if there is any other detail on the packing to further your investigation.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
aneesh84
My Cars:

Post by aneesh84 »

That won't be possible since they need to order it from Spain and it can't be returned. I guess i will just give up the experiment and get some eurorepar spheres for my xantia. with ifhs and lizarte gone from the market, the availability of budget spheres is shrinking and my xantia is such a low maintenance reliable second car i hope the spheres availability does not become an issue in the next years.
C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138
Nissan Leaf 2018 40Kwh
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Aneesh,
If you search through the mechanic's (Private Cars) booklets published by Citroen, most of those relating to XM-Xantia etc list the membrane type for the various spheres (Multicouche, Desmopan, Urepan), and also the position on the car. In general, the M spheres are used in the locations subjected to lots of heat - engine bay, near exhaust, etc. Helpfully, the full sphere spec is also listed: volume/pressure/damping.

For later cars, eg C5, not all that information is listed, but it's probably safe to assume that the use of Multicouche spheres continued for those same vehicle hot-spots, and likely others besides (plus the recent suggestion that all genuine Citroen saucer spheres are 'M'). For what you're after, you'll need to do a bit of 'detective work'. As 'M' spheres are limited to Citroen's own, at least you won't have to wade through lots of aftermarket/other manufacturers' listings.

The Citroen booklets can be found here, by going to Board Index > Members Area > Resources
and top of the list you'll find Mechanic's Booklets.
On the first page is a table. Hit the Year for the Car, and you'll be taken to a downloadable pdf of the booklet.

The Resources Area can be accessed by FCF members who have made a donation to the forum. This donation will also allow us to search and post latest Parts information from Servicebox, for two years - this calendar year and next. Good value!
A response to your question by a forum admin will require detailed vehicle information that requires you to have made a current contribution to the Forum.
Donate

Further Information
Chris
aneesh84
My Cars:

Post by aneesh84 »

I just ordered 2 spheres from Auto-doc, from Magnum Technology for 21 Euro Each. Auto-Doc had a 38% discount when ordered from their App.

https://www.auto-doc.pt/magnum-technology/3329854

Magnum Technology is a sub brand of the polish company Intercars and I heard that they supply spheres to monroe, etc.

At this price, there is not much to risk! If they last 3 years I will be more than happy!
C5 2005 2.0 HDI 138
Nissan Leaf 2018 40Kwh