3008 Hybrid - Unable to go into Electric mode

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4, Fiat Ducato, Morris Mini.
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Re: 3008 Hybrid - Unable to go into Electric mode

Post by Dormouse »

They have definitely not catered for 12v service battery maintaining and the problems that low service voltage causes is more than just an inconvenience.
jabbat
My Cars: Peugeot Hybrid4 1.6 Petrol 2020 Model

Post by jabbat »

Many thanks - have now purchased a Einhem CB-BC 4M charger. The car is still behaving and I am deliberatle keeping it in Electric Mode and doing short journeys to see how long it will be before the problem comes back and I need to use the charger. So far I have covered about 130 miles. The engine cut in once for a few seconds at 1,300 revs to clean the Particulate Filter I think. I notice that after each pod charge my indicated electric milage is dropping (down from 32 to 29). I wonder if this can in any way be related to the 12 volt system?
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)
plus notable cars I have owned :- Studebaker 1921, Daimler Consorts, Mercedes 220 Pontoon, Simca 1301, Austin Metropolitan, lots and lots of Minis, both steel and fibreglass bodied, Fiat 500F, Citroen GSA's, Skoda Estelle 120 Rally replica, DKW 1000S, Triumph Herald Estate, Warwick GT (very briefly)

Post by Dormouse »

I don't have enough experience on your model so I will leave that question to be answered by someone who can. Thanks for coming back on to tell the forum how things are going. Please let us know if you have any other issues or not. cheers
jabbat
My Cars: Peugeot Hybrid4 1.6 Petrol 2020 Model

Post by jabbat »

UPDATE : Not good news - just done a 2,000 mile tour to Scotland and back. The car behaved perfectly for the first 160 miles before relapsing into the old problem of starting on fast idle instead of electric mode. A new penomenon is that sometimes it will jump between electric and engine before driving away. Dealer has booked it in for a new 12v battery as soon as they can get one from France. I've been using a trickle charger so I'm really dubious about it being a battery problem but we'll see.
mestreandre
My Cars: peugeot 3008 hybrid 2015

Post by mestreandre »

Peugeot 3008 hybrid4 2015

Hello, have the same problem. The car just don´t go electric, and If I switch to ZEV , the light just jump to normal.
I look all electric fuses and connections. Took hours!

Previosly, when the low diesel ligth went on, the ZEV or electric mode didn´t work also but after fuelling all came back ok.

Tried also BSI reseting or rebooting.
Even change the battery and disconnect all stop lights; someone in foruns told that the low 12V battery didn´t let the electric motor engage or work.

when I press the car accelerator the diesel engine starts and the car moves!

Anyone can help?
Best regards
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)

Post by Dormouse »

mestreandre wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 12:04 Peugeot 3008 hybrid4 2015

Hello, have the same problem. The car just don´t go electric, and If I switch to ZEV , the light just jump to normal.

Previosly, when the low diesel ligth went on, the ZEV or electric mode didn´t work also but after fuelling all came back ok.

Even change the battery and disconnect all stop lights; someone in foruns told that the low 12V battery didn´t let the electric motor engage or work.

Anyone can help?
Best regards
With your 2015 model, selecting ZEV is dependent on several things. Range, road speed, traction battery level - and the mood of the beast!!! On more than one occasion, my car decides not to use Electric mode or ZEV and flashes up a warning on the dash but does not show up when you put DiagBox on it for info/faults. I suspect it is a transient glitch in the base programming and may be influenced by driving style but, and I have no way of explaining it, the 12v service battery voltage level may be affecting the BSI by being low, especially if you are using aircon for instance. Since I fitted a new, heavy duty 12v battery I have had less instances of the Electric mode messages but not completely eradicated. The main point is that I find no error codes to give any clues. I know this is not a particular help to you but it shows that Electric / ZEV faults are not unheard of and have no immediate explanation. As an aside, does Sport and 4WD options work as expected?
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)

Post by Dormouse »

Anyone can help?
Best regards
I was advised to check the earth connection at the traction control box at the rear of the car. That can cause issues.
mestreandre
My Cars: peugeot 3008 hybrid 2015

Post by mestreandre »

Dormouse wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 18:06

Anyone can help?
Best regards
I was advised to check the earth connection at the traction control box at the rear of the car. That can cause issues.
Thanks for your reply.

The Sport mode and 4wd doesn´t work; when selected, the ligth just junp to normal; also and there aren´t error codes of any kind.
The TFT display shows the li-on battery charging with normal animations, all is working as new except the electric motor!

Thanks
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)

Post by Dormouse »

mestreandre wrote: 08 Oct 2022, 16:05
Dormouse wrote: 07 Oct 2022, 18:06

Anyone can help?
Best regards
Thanks for your reply.

The Sport mode and 4wd doesn´t work; when selected, the ligth just junp to normal; also and there aren´t error codes of any kind.
The TFT display shows the li-on battery charging with normal animations, all is working as new except the electric motor!

Thanks
You appear to have a Traction Motor fault. It may be wiring, it may be the motor but I suspect it is an ECU issue, unless you know of any damage to or flood water penetration into the motor/ECU. The motor is fairly robust and long lasting.
When you pull away slowly in Auto does the Traction Motor engage in electric drive only just prior to the engine engaging. I can usually travel several to hundreds of yards/metres in electric drive before the engine engages if I use the throttle lightly on near level ground. In stop/go traffic I often never get the engine engaging if I am light footed.
I have no experience of using DiagBox on the Traction Motor diagnosis/repair. Hopefully, someone else does.

The earth connector for the Traction ECU is located in the floor, under the car on the left rear between the bumper and the rear motor cradle. The attached earth cable should be easily spotted on one of the small clamping bolts. I will try and find a photo of it.
Dormouse
(Donor 2022)

Post by Dormouse »

I don't quite grasp how to grab topics from other threads yet, so I have screen grabbed a piece in one of earlier threads for you.
Screenshot 2022-10-10 5.45.20 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-10-10 5.44.08 PM.png
I will try and get or find a picture for the underneath of the HCU but a look under the body at the left rear will show its location in the boot floor and the earth connection to the casing should be obvious. The internal layout is buried under the boot floor and takes a bit of time to get to
REMEMBER - THE MAIN TRACTION BATTERY WORKS AT 400v Anything orange is Very High Voltage.