Peugeot 407 Cooling Fan P4095 Fan Speed High

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mogs085
My Cars: Peugeot 407 136 RHR
SID803

Peugeot 407 Cooling Fan P4095 Fan Speed High

Post by Mogs085 »

Hi,
I recently had the AC serviced after it had been off the road for a while, the high speed fan kicked in and no problems with the AC however the fan was very noisey and causing vibrations. I removed the fan and as I supected the bearing had gone. I've now fitted an after market fan but now I'm getting a P4095 no high fan. Neither of the fan actuator tests work, there is battery voltage at the relay and on the other connector.

So the high fan was working proving the integrity of the circuit the only difference at the moment is that the bumper is on the floor with the foglight circuit disconnected and a new aftermarket fan has been connected. I doubt that the foglight circuit would impact on the fan circuit the only other thing could be some sort of compatiblity issue with the fan or the new fan is defective. I would like to confirm that this new fan actually works as I said there is voltage but thats all.

I really would like some advice and guidence how to proceed and what to test.

I look forward to your advice.

Regards

Chris
407 SE RHR 2004
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Peugeot 407 Cooling Fan P4095 Fan Speed High

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Parts! Are you sure you have the correct part. These vehicles have different fan units / speeds depending on engine and options. If you have an incompatible fan unit with the vehicles systems then it won't work.

The fan should kick in on Low speed when the A/C is switched on. High speed is dependent upon the engine temperature, but usually does not kick in until the engine is extremely hot. I think your version should have the 150W electric fan for manual or 160W if you have an automatic Gearbox.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc