That million pound house draw

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

That million pound house draw

Post by Gibbo2286 »

My old friend asked about the Omaze draw that's being widely promoted on tv and online, a £million house in Devon the prize, free entry to the draw...........but. I had a look, you can have one entry by postcard free then there are options to buy multiple entries.

It's supposed to be a charity draw for the NSPCC.

Looked for the small print this is the main part:

Omaze is the promoter of the Devon House Draw with NSPCC being the charitable beneficiary, registered charity number (216401) in England and Wales and (SC037717) in Scotland. 80% of the net proceeds of the draw will go to the charity, with Omaze being paid 20%. It is expected that approximately £500,000 will be raised for the charity, which would mean Omaze being paid £125,000. Irrespective of sales, Omaze has guaranteed a minimum total payment of £100,000 for the charity. No purchase necessary. The Devon House Draw closes on 26th September 2021.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Re: That million pound house draw

Post by mickthemaverick »

Those numbers show a breakdown of profit!! Presumably then the total income expected is that £625,000 + the costs of the prize and the advertising. That would suggest an expected income of at least 3.65 million yet the charity only gets half a million. Be much more beneficial if the ticket buyers just donated to the charity!!! Oh silly me, nobody woukd make a fast buck then, would they? :twisted:
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!