Sat Nav

This unit is the RD4 or RD45 system, made by Continental.
Usually standard equipment unless another system is specified as an option. There are Single & Dual Tuner versions. RD45 features over the RD4: The RD45 has USB connectivity & integrated Bluetooth module supporting Phone & Audio Streaming.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

John 6200
My Cars: Peugeot 306.d turbo, Peugeot 406 d turbo, Citroen c5 exclusive

Sat Nav

Post by John 6200 »

Hi All I have recently purchased a 2012 Citroen c5 exclusive with the RD4/RD5 unit! My previous 2009 exclusive had the RT6/WIP+ with the lager screen! What I wanted to know is if I could change the RD4 unit and put in the RT6 one with the bigger screen if I came across from another C5 ! Thank you
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Sat Nav

Post by GiveMeABreak »

In reality it is doable but will take a lot of work - reason being, if you did not already have a telematics unit in, then you won't have the necessary wiring harnesses fitted for the different units.

So you can't just fit the screen and the Head unit, as it won't work. You must have the specific wiring harnesses and also the specific GPS / GSM / Radio aerial and leads / amplifier unit. The BSI will then need configuring too and VIN coding.

The microphone is another issue you will encounter as that is designed to be wired into one of the specific harnesses I mentioned that disappears behind the dashboard into the loom.

It wouldn't of been as bad if you had already had a factory fitted telematics unit as some of the connections may already of been there - but even so, would still need to some additional work.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
John 6200
My Cars: Peugeot 306.d turbo, Peugeot 406 d turbo, Citroen c5 exclusive

Post by John 6200 »

Thanks Marc! It's a pity as the larger screen with the sat nav are a much nicer setup !
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

They are, but unlike older cars, they do use specific wiring harnesses designed for the options fitted to the vehicle - it's no longer a one size fits all as they continue to shave costs wherever they can nowadays. Take my car - they no longer give you a driver's grab handle on the roof now and they have also started to omit the glovebox lighting - leaving a nice hole in there - oh, and I nearly forgot, the latest penny pinching has meant they removed the rear passenger cup holders in the centre armrest..... pathetic!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
MacSlavko
My Cars: DS5 2.0 BlueHDi

Post by MacSlavko »

John 6200 wrote: 24 Apr 2021, 23:59 Hi All I have recently purchased a 2012 Citroen c5 exclusive with the RD4/RD5 unit! My previous 2009 exclusive had the RT6/WIP+ with the lager screen! What I wanted to know is if I could change the RD4 unit and put in the RT6 one with the bigger screen if I came across from another C5 ! Thank you
You can adapt the existing wires to the RT6 ones.
Actually, you only need to take (hard-wire) live feed, ground and backlight from the Quadlock connector to the big navi display and hook up 2 wires from microphone as well.
I did similar to what you want with my previous P407. It was an upgrade from RD4 to RNEG. The same will work with RD4/5 to RT6 in your C5 X7 as the ports/connectors on RNEG and RT6 (RNEG2) are the same.

What you need is:
RT6 from another C5 X7 (will need telecoding to your VIN using Lexia)
A matching 7" display for RT6 with LWDS cable
Facelift display fascia (panel) around the (big) screen
Generic car GPS antenna with FAKRA connector (10€)
Generic car microphone (5€)
a little bit of wires tweaking (5 wires in total)... 😎

PS: if the screen comes without the power plug you can connect it with Dupont wires (that's what I did).

Tutorial you can find here (sadly, no pictures anymore): viewtopic.php?t=48421
And pictures here: https://hydractives.com/viewtopic.php?t=14449
Attachments
Citroen-C-5-2013g.bijeli-slike-jeseni-2019g.9.jpg
Slika zaslona 2021-10-20 u 23.52.08.png
Slika zaslona 2021-10-20 u 23.39.19.png
IMG_9478.jpeg