C6 Suspension Pump Not Running

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MGmike
My Cars: 59 C6 2.7 Red
56 C6 2.7 Blue
55 C5 II Blue
Plus many MG's from 58 to 97
Oh and a Jag XK8!

Re: C6 Suspension Pump Not Running

Post by MGmike »

Thanks for the info wheeler, that's what I thought but was told different by someone who should have known for sure.
AFAIK all C6's (except the 2.2's) should have the same config with the only changes being "comfort" additions e.g. Sat Nav, Lane departure etc. But I have a couple of other cars I can compare with.

Task for next weekend, change the pump electronics (or full pump), remove dash to send for repair and continue with recommissioning checks and tests. Hopefully the car will be ready for MOT in early May
MGmike
My Cars: 59 C6 2.7 Red
56 C6 2.7 Blue
55 C5 II Blue
Plus many MG's from 58 to 97
Oh and a Jag XK8!

Post by MGmike »

I thought a quick update was in order and to express my thanks for the assistance.

I finally resorted to replacing the pump with one from one of my other cars that I was considering breaking for spares. Lots mess with LDS everywhere but all working again. I had a bit of panic when the system didn't seem to react to the up or down buttons or pressurise properly! Diagbox pressed in to action and came up with a rear static pressure senor fault. So, system de-pressurised again and a replacement sensor (left over from a one I broke a few years ago) fitted. A long nervous wait while the system pressurised properly and all is good.

The dash is out and ready to go for repair with the faulty BHI electronics unit to see if it can also be repaired. While they are away it's on with the rest of the recommissioning. The battery appears to be dying and the rear EGR is reporting a problem :shock:
I'm not looking forward to doing another one of those :rofl2:

But for now.... Thanks for the help.

MGmike
KennyW
Donor 2024
My Cars: Current Citroen's
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Post by KennyW »

Excellent news and good luck with the rest of the work

Kenny
C5 x7 2.0 HDi 160 hp Estate exclusive, the newbie
Xantia 2.0 Hdi 90hp 1999 only 189,000 and rising!!!!!!! Moved on to a new home
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.