the basics are:-
- New to me 09 C6 with the rear end on the floor.
- suspension pump not running at all (even as it should when you open/unlock the door before starting the car)
- Maxi fuse and fuse in glovebox both ok (well, they are now after I blew one!).
- Pump power relay okay and power to the pump connections
- This is where I got a bit gun-ho and removed the electronics module on the side of the pump and hardwired 12 to the motor. hay presto the pump runs!
- What I failed to do was to check how the module is told to switch the motor on!
- Finally I reverted to Diagbox and get a " no communication with suspension ECU)".
- I managed to pick up a cheap(ish) C5 pump and used this as a test unit and this comes up in Diagbox as an "unrecognised unit". As this is clearly a different error, it implies the unit has powered up
Once I confirm power is actually reaching the ECU I need to think about how I can test it further. Is there such a thing as a circuit diagram for the internals or are there any known/common problems I should be on the lookout for? Failing that, is there anyone in the UK who has the knowledge to test and repair it?
Anyone have any other suggestions of things to check?
If I do end up replacing the BHI, I know I'll probably need to do the height programming but does the replacement need coding to the car/BSI etc. I don't think it does but someone has suggested it will do!
Thanks for the support