On your Bike

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: On your Bike

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Its on the way in France, not the UK as yet Jim

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 17:49 Its on the way in France, not the UK as yet Jim
I did only hear it in passing so likely got the wrong end of the stick Neil... I'm good at that, especially as I've not been very cognitively good recently...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

CitroJim wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 09:16
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 17:49 Its on the way in France, not the UK as yet Jim
I did only hear it in passing so likely got the wrong end of the stick Neil... I'm good at that, especially as I've not been very cognitively good recently...
Whatever you do Jim don't take up hockey!! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

mickthemaverick wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 09:20 Whatever you do Jim don't take up hockey!! :-D
:lol:

Oh gosh no, not a chance! I once had a pal who played hockey for the army... After every game he ended up injured in some significant way and looked like he'd fought in some epic battle and just escaped with his life :roll: :twisted:

He had a standing order in the chemist for bandages, dressings and first aid needs :lol:

Over time he'd broken just about everything - I got the impression men's hockey is a very vicious game :shock:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 14:46

I see there's a low-key scrappage scheme operating in the UK that will exchange a car that's more than ten years old for £3000 worth of travel vouchers that can be used on public transport...

Can't recall where I saw it now...
That bit is totally and absolutely accurate Jim, and you have the right end of that particular stick.

Coventry are having a bit of an experiment with it...

Car scrappage scheme: Drivers in Coventry offered £3,000 travel vouchers to scrap their polluting vehicles

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 09:49
CitroJim wrote: 15 Apr 2021, 14:46

I see there's a low-key scrappage scheme operating in the UK that will exchange a car that's more than ten years old for £3000 worth of travel vouchers that can be used on public transport...

Can't recall where I saw it now...
That bit is totally and absolutely accurate Jim, and you have the right end of that particular stick.

Coventry are having a bit of an experiment with it...

Car scrappage scheme: Drivers in Coventry offered £3,000 travel vouchers to scrap their polluting vehicles

Regards Neil
Ahh, excellent :D So I'm not loosing my marbles after all :wink: I remember now where I heard it... From a friend of mine on Facebook who lives in Coventry!
Jim

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Well done on the duallathon Jim,
The scrappage for transport vouchers looks an interesting prospect, guess having a Good transport system inplace would somewhat help! 😀
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Timmo wrote: 16 Apr 2021, 20:26 Well done on the duallathon Jim,
Thank you Timmo :D

A lovely ride yesterday too :)
strava2481887097246350294.jpg
A shame my cadence sensor battery went flat during the ride :( Not that it detracted from a great ride though...

May you enjoy some good riding this weekend :cool:
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

A magical ride today in glorious weather following my half marathon run earlier...
salceyride1704.jpg
Several times during the ride I met a group of scooters out and about...

I finally caught up with them at their cafe stop (a pub!) and found they were the local Saracens Scooter Club and were exceedingly friendly and welcoming to a humble cyclist :) We had a good chat...

Here's a few of their lovely machines :cool: Spot the interloper...
scoot3.jpg
scoot2.jpg
scoot1.jpg
Awesome!
Jim

Skull
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroën Xantia XII HDi
Citroën AX XII

Missing AX 1.4D Echo

Post by Skull »

Quad - rophinia is more of an interloper than yours' Jim :lol:
On my 4th Citroën Xantia (X2 HDi (110))
Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Gone
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.4D /1.5D)
2 x 406 (1.9 TD Estate/2.1 TD Saloon) 405 1.9 D Estate 306 1.9 XTDT Hatch
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Skull wrote: 17 Apr 2021, 18:24 Quad - rophinia is more of an interloper than yours' Jim :lol:
Yes! At least mine has the the right number of wheels :lol:

I did question the quad's presence but they seemed happy to have it there... As I say, a gang of truly lovely people who would offer a very warm welcome to anyone with an interest in scooters regardless of what you ride :)
Jim

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Smashing the miles Jim! Very impressive!
Coastal loop yesterday, quick shot through the woods and out to the coast, loop around the headland and back up the CP to portreath, lovely day, Lots of people about!
IMG_20210418_115306.jpg
IMG_20210418_104959.jpg
*edited as added wrong pictures!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Anyone need a green bike?
1618779962987.png
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Enjoyed a great bike ride yesterday :D

A Lonely Goat visited a café called the Giddy Goat!
gg200421self.jpg
ggcafe.jpg
The Lonely Goat Cycling Club is a Facebook-only virtual cycling club and is a part of the similarly virtual Lonely Goat Running Club - I'm a member of both :) It's like the FCF for runners and cyclists... A very friendly place :D

The café served up a delicious piece of orange chocolate cake 😋
ggcake.jpg
Weather was good too :) I rode in just bibshorts and a short-sleeved jersey with a thin thermal base-layer underneath...

Magic :cool:
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 21 Apr 2021, 05:03 Enjoyed a great bike ride yesterday :D
A Lonely Goat visited a café called the Giddy Goat!
Does the Giddy Goat do a Soya Latte for you Jim? I remember the Pickled Egg Landlord having to get some soya milk in for you specially in back in 2015, so you could enjoy a skinny de-caf latte in the snug.
CitroJim wrote: 21 Mar 2015, 11:58 Does the Pickled Egg do a decent coffee in the form of a nice skinny latte?
That's my normal order when I'm in a pub and often I'm bitterly disappointed...
Even had to install a new machine, and dump the perfectly good tins of dried full-fat milk from the pantry, and a few old bottles of camp coffee.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey