Hi

A forum for new members to introduce themselves to the rabble already onboard. Not compulsory!
Tell us a little about yourself, lie if you have to but keep it to just an introduction, not a car discussion.

Moderator: RichardW

Bensonp
My Cars: C4 Picasso

Hi

Post by Bensonp »

Hi and thanks for the add :) having a few issues with the car at the moment and was wondering if any one could run a diagnostic on it, Widnes area but don’t mind travelling.

The main issue is with the parking sensors just need to identify which one as failed

Citroen Picasso II 2017 model

Kind Regards and thanks in advance

Paul
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Re: Hi

Post by mickthemaverick »

Hi Benson and :welc: to the forum,

I am too far away from you really to help but there are members in your area with diagnostic equipment so I expect one of them will pop up soon. While you are waiting have a look round the forum from the Board Index above. There is a wealth of information, advice, entertainment and amusement to be found, mostly in the Off Topic Chat Lounge (OTCL) so have a nose and join in anything that takes your fancy. Good luck with the parking sensors. :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Hi, and :welc: to the forum.

One way that MAY work is, when the parking sensors are active (but the car cannot move) carefully touch a lightweight screwdriver to each sensor. You should feel a vibration from each working sensor, and nothing from any that are not. This does NOT mean that a sensor has failed, merely that it is not working. It is not unknown for there to be a wiring failure in the sensor loom.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Bensonp
My Cars: C4 Picasso

Post by Bensonp »

Thanks for the warm welcome and look forward to using the forums. With regards the parking sensors i understood that when the car had a issue with any of the sensors it switched the system off and displayed the fault. With the parking sensors issue it also disables the self park and blind spot options. I did try various options to listen to each sensor however it appeared none of the front or back sensors were active making it more difficult to fault find :)

Thanks again