Citroen parts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Citroen parts

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Right, before you start tearing the unit apart and cleaning it - have you fitted the correct part?

There are at least 15 versions of control panel on the X7, and will vary depending on saloon, estate, colour and various options fitted to the vehicle - specifically covering the different types of mirrors fitted. No amount of cleaning the contacts will help if the module is incorrect. :wink:

Do you have the original listing or part number you ordered for the replacement and then I can advise if you have the correct one?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Estate87
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: Current - '09 Citroen C5 Exclusive Tourer 2.0 HDi

Previous-
'97 Volvo V90
'05 Merc C320 CDI estate
'08 Volvo V50 T5 R-Design
'10 VW Golf 1.6 TDI estate

Post by Estate87 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 09:39 Right, before you start tearing the unit apart and cleaning it - have you fitted the correct part?

There are at least 15 versions of control panel on the X7, and will vary depending on saloon, estate, colour and various options fitted to the vehicle - specifically covering the different types of mirrors fitted. No amount of cleaning the contacts will help if the module is incorrect. :wink:

Do you have the original listing or part number you ordered for the replacement and then I can advise if you have the correct one?
Does the vin number not help?

Cheers
Estate87
(Donor 2021)

Previous-
'97 Volvo V90
'05 Merc C320 CDI estate

Post by Estate87 »

I'll remove the assembly and get the part number later on.

Cheers
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

I was waiting for the part number of the part you had previously bought as a replacement to compare it for you.

But the specific part you need for item (15) is part number: 6490Y4
Window Module.PNG

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Estate87 wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 13:29 I'll remove the assembly and get the part number later on.

Cheers
Bear in mind the part number on the unit may not show the PSA part number itself - it depends on the type of part. Usually the seller you bought it from will list the part number - which would be useful if you have it. But regardless, the part number I have provided is the correct one for your specific vehicle with the correct type of mirrors fitted. :wink:

Marc
Estate87
(Donor 2021)

Previous-
'97 Volvo V90
'05 Merc C320 CDI estate

Post by Estate87 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 13:33
Estate87 wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 13:29 I'll remove the assembly and get the part number later on.

Cheers
Bear in mind the part number on the unit may not show the PSA part number itself - it depends on the type of part. Usually the seller you bought it from will list the part number - which would be useful if you have it. But regardless, the part number I have provided is the correct one for your specific vehicle with the correct type of mirrors fitted. :wink:
Brilliant thank you very much Marc.

Cheers
Estate87
(Donor 2021)

Previous-
'97 Volvo V90
'05 Merc C320 CDI estate

Post by Estate87 »

I've just re looked at eBay and the part number listed is PGT-GF20. That's not right is it?

Cheers
Estate87
(Donor 2021)

Previous-
'97 Volvo V90
'05 Merc C320 CDI estate

Post by Estate87 »

I've had a good look on eBay and Google and can't for the life of me find any parts for sale.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

These are not going to be widely available on the second hand market and you can only get new ones from Citroen.

They are currently priced £231.77 inc. VAT and you can order one from any Citroen dealership using the part number I provided.

So what was the original problem that led you to believe you needed it replaced?

If you still have the original, I would first look to cleaning that one up with some electrical cleaner and test it back on the vehicle before buying a new one. Otherwise if you can’t get it working and can’t find a second hand one, then the dealer is the only other place you can get one.

I suggest you return the replacement one to the seller if possible and say it is the wrong one so that you can reviver some costs.

Marc
Estate87
(Donor 2021)

Previous-
'97 Volvo V90
'05 Merc C320 CDI estate

Post by Estate87 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 Mar 2021, 22:26 These are not going to be widely available on the second hand market and you can only get new ones from Citroen.

They are currently priced £231.77 inc. VAT and you can order one from any Citroen dealership using the part number I provided.

So what was the original problem that led you to believe you needed it replaced?

If you still have the original, I would first look to cleaning that one up with some electrical cleaner and test it back on the vehicle before buying a new one. Otherwise if you can’t get it working and can’t find a second hand one, then the dealer is the only other place you can get one.

I suggest you return the replacement one to the seller if possible and say it is the wrong one so that you can reviver some costs.
The wing mirrors were intermittently not dipping down then the car was put into reverse and the actual window switches were very slack and didn't auto drop the windows on the front, basically they'd been fiddled with. I don't have the original switch(I stupidly threw it away before testing the replacement)

I feel I might be chasing the wrong faulty part? Could it be more a case of the motor's in the actual wing mirrors are faulty?

Cheers
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

If you're looking on Ebay you could look for the model being broken, often they advertise the bigger parts only, or a wheel nut at some huge price to deter time wasters.

If you can find someone breaking the model you have then ask them on the internal messaging set up if they have the part you need.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Unfortunately, this particular model (like mine) is quite rare as it has the electro-chromed external mirrors and these were both indexable in reverse gear (part of one of the visibility packs with Xenon directional headlamps) - the later feature being removed and disabled shortly after 2009. So getting this specific control module may be a challenge.

@Estate87: The 'glitch' was a common issue in the indexable mirrors - sometimes they would work and other times they would lose their memory position. You should also be aware that a later BSI software update disabled the feature. It was down to some stupid EU rules concerning reversing and not seeing people at the rear if the mirror was indexed. Yet as usual, they completely disregarded the fact that the specific C5 X7 cars with this option all had reversing sensors (audio and visual) to detect rear objects, so that was a completely stupid thing to do.

I had mine reactivated after the function disappeared and I complained after the BSI was updated for another issue, but it was never quite the same afterwards annoyingly.

As for the windows, make sure you re-enabled the anti-pinch system. This is required if the battery has been disconnected and should be done on all windows and the sunroof if fitted.

1) Lower the window down completely
2) Using the first position of the window switch (i.e. don't use the one touch by pulling it all the way up), gently hold the switch at this first position so the window starts to close.
3) When it stops, which iyt will do multiple times, release and then again hold the switch at the first position to continue raising the window and repeat at each time it stops until it finally reaches the tiop.
4) When the wind gets to the top, then hold the switch at the first position for a few seconds. You may hear a faint click. This is the window anti pinch now initialised.
5) Repeat this on all other windows and sunroof if fitted.

\Not DOING SO CAN GIVE THE IMPRESSION THE WINDOWS ARE MALFUNCTION AS THEY CAN STOP LOWERING \

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Unfortunately, this particular model (like mine) is quite rare as it has the electro-chromed external mirrors and these were both indexable in reverse gear (part of one of the visibility packs with Xenon directional headlamps) - the later feature being removed and disabled shortly after 2009. So getting this specific control module may be a challenge.

@Estate87: The 'glitch' was a common issue in the indexable mirrors - sometimes they would work and other times they would lose their memory position. You should also be aware that a later BSI software update disabled the feature. It was down to some stupid EU rules concerning reversing and not seeing people at the rear if the mirror was indexed. Yet as usual, they completely disregarded the fact that the specific C5 X7 cars with this option all had reversing sensors (audio and visual) to detect rear objects, so that was a completely stupid thing to do.

I had mine reactivated after the function disappeared and I complained after the BSI was updated for another issue, but it was never quite the same afterwards annoyingly.

As for the windows, make sure you re-enabled the anti-pinch system. This is required if the battery has been disconnected and should be done on all windows and the sunroof if fitted.

1) Lower the window down completely
2) Using the first position of the window switch (i.e. don't use the one touch by pulling it all the way up), gently hold the switch at this first position so the window starts to close.
3) When it stops, which iyt will do multiple times, release and then again hold the switch at the first position to continue raising the window and repeat at each time it stops until it finally reaches the tiop.
4) When the wind gets to the top, then hold the switch at the first position for a few seconds. You may hear a faint click. This is the window anti pinch now initialised.
5) Repeat this on all other windows and sunroof if fitted.

Not doing so can cause the windows to keep pausing when trying to lower or raise them.

Marc
Estate87
(Donor 2021)

Previous-
'97 Volvo V90
'05 Merc C320 CDI estate

Post by Estate87 »

Thank you for all your help everyone, especially Marc. I'm going to email a French car breakers called Cit-Ren over in Norwich to see if they can help. £231 seems like an utterly mad price to pay for it from Citroen themselves but I guess the flip side to that is I'll know it's right.

Any used Cit-Ren?

Cheers
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The difficulty you will have is identifying the correct part - as the number I have provided is an internal PSA part number used by Citroen / Peugeot /DS. These are often not printed on the electronic component / module, so although they can look the same across model physically, they are quite different electronically, hence why there were 15+ different variants. It would of been a lot easier if you had the original part so you could of looked for some internal reference numbers and used these to help in your search for a direct replacement. But best of luck in finding one.

Marc