On your Bike

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: On your Bike

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

CitroJim wrote: 16 Mar 2021, 17:54 Another very good bike ride today despite the relentless March winds :twisted:
And another church ;)
and another puzzle solved, although I was nearly going to have to give up and ask for a clue.
..but I eventually found<br />All Saints Church, Emberton, Bucks in the evening sunshine via Geograph
..but I eventually found
All Saints Church, Emberton, Bucks in the evening sunshine via Geograph
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Well done Neil :D You are absolutely awesome at this :D I really must up my game!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

A year ago today... Unhappy memories but looking back I was bloody lucky to get away with it as lightly as I did...
hospital2020.jpg
I still have residual nerve damage in my left hand and some limited neck mobility... I can no longer swivel my head around like an owl :lol:

I must go for a bike ride today to lay a ghost....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 04:26 Well done Neil :D You are absolutely awesome at this :D I really must up my game!
Well don't go taking an extremely large tarpaulin with you draping it over the whole church leaving only the porch exposed, I still need a sporting chance :-D

Enjoy your ride today hope the sun shines, bit of a dull start up here :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Skull
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroën Xantia XII HDi
Citroën AX XII

Missing AX 1.4D Echo

Post by Skull »

Cheers all :wink:

Enjoy your ride Jim :mrgreen:
On my 4th Citroën Xantia (X2 HDi (110))
Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Gone
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.4D /1.5D)
2 x 406 (1.9 TD Estate/2.1 TD Saloon) 405 1.9 D Estate 306 1.9 XTDT Hatch
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 08:05
CitroJim wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 04:26 Well done Neil :D You are absolutely awesome at this :D I really must up my game!
Well don't go taking an extremely large tarpaulin with you draping it over the whole church leaving only the porch exposed, I still need a sporting chance :-D
:lol: :lol: Now there's a thought!
Skull wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 08:59 Cheers all :wink:

Enjoy your ride Jim :mrgreen:
Thanks Skull :D
Jim

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

you had me worried there jim! scrolled and looked at the picture before the text!!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Timmo wrote: 17 Mar 2021, 20:52 you had me worried there jim! scrolled and looked at the picture before the text!!
Sorry Timmo - I can well understand how a quick glance could cause a worry!

I didn't ride yesterday, except for a short Zwift, but I will be today :D
Jim

Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

It's a Beauty of a start to the day down here, clear skies, minimal breeze and plenty of bird song, perfect for a coast road ride!

'58 C2 Code
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Timmo wrote: 18 Mar 2021, 07:08 It's a Beauty of a start to the day down here, clear skies, minimal breeze and plenty of bird song, perfect for a coast road ride!
Wow! Magic :D I'm all jealous now ;) I love listening to the birdsong during my morning runs :D

The weather here was great for my morning run but it rained on and off thereafter... And always dull and overcast..

I enjoyed a great ride today and stayed more or less dry - more by luck than judgement!
ride180321.jpg
This was a recce ride for the bike leg of my Easter Virtual Duathlon... A 56 mile bike ride followed by a half marathon :)

Today's ride will do the job a treat :D
Jim

Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

59 miles! 😳😳😳 Great stuff Jim,
Much more of the same in the shed this week, used and abused full suss with 18 of the 20 bearings replaced! Spoke replacement and wheel bearings on a good buddies bike, ebike services (on all but the electric bits!) x2, many mountain bikes,
Looking forward to the weekend!

'58 C2 Code
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Just a short one today...

The wind was a touch on the chill side...
ride190321strav.jpg
During this ride I rode past the scene of my accident a year ago... A ghost-laying exercise...

This time I escaped uninjured :D
Jim

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Mushroom jobs....!!

Having had the rear wheel out early in the week for the puncture / tyre debacle I noted that the rear mudguard was suffering the same fate as the front, i.e. that the rivets had failed on one of the supports, so I set off on the 5 min job to repair it.....

A look at the brake pads whilst the wheel was out showed that the pads were about worn out, so a new set was fitted - these are the 'easy' type with replaceable pads in a carrier, but still some realignment and adjustment was needed.

Putting the wheel back in I noticed that the rear gear mech pivot appeared to be stuck, so took the mech off, and dismantled the pivot to find it full of sticky horrible grease and salt / muck. Cleaned all that out got it all working nicely, then fought with the spring for about 20 mins to get it back together. Should have just taken it off and held it in the vice! I had been thinking about fitting a new gear cable as the end was fraying, and I was having some shifting problems, so thought I might as well do it while I was at it. Which then revealed something stuck in the rear outer cable section, and both the adjusters stuck. So, adjusters freed off, and a new outer cable made, then all re-assembled and adjusted. Then some mudguard and brake fine tuning once it was all back together.

5 minute job stretched out to 2 hours :roll:

Still, the problem I had whereby it didn't want to down shift a single gear has gone :-D
Richard W
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

RichardW wrote: 21 Mar 2021, 08:54 Mushroom jobs....!!

5 minute job stretched out to 2 hours :roll:
So many jobs on bikes turn out like that Richard ;) On the surface, bikes look so simple but there's so much devil in the detail!

All good work and pleased the gear shift issues are now resolved :) It does make the bike rather more pleasant to ride... I know when my rear mech. cable is starting to fail - they do on 6-monthly intervals - as the gear shift becomes a bit 'sticky'.... They always 'go' in the same place - where the cable winds around the small drum in the shifter... The cable starts to fray where it goes around a far too-tight radius...

It's been a great days down here and I enjoyed an awesome 60 miles today :D That was after a ten mile run and 15 miles on Zwift :D
Complete with obligatory daffodils!
Complete with obligatory daffodils!
It's all good training for my Easter virtual duathlon... A 56 mile bike ride followed by a half marathon (13.1 miles)...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 21 Mar 2021, 17:15 ...your attendance at a church somewhere within a radius of 30 miles from Newport Pagnell, and as it turns out one with an obscure name, in a village with an obscure name, that no-one could be reasonably be expected to know.....
Well turns out its "The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Lillingstone Lovell in Buckinghamshire" :-D
temp2.png
Wasn't too much of a delve to be honest the diamond-shaped black clock made it easy to pick out from my selected image list from Geograph.

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey