Xsara Picasso 04 - crank, no start

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

victorimba
My Cars: Xsara Picasso -04

Xsara Picasso 04 - crank, no start

Post by victorimba »

Greetings!

Im having trouble with my Xsara Picasso that cranks but doesnt start. Im getting the following DTCs: P0200 and P0350 (the ignition coil was changed by the last owner a couple of weeks ago, so its pretty new) and I want to do some troubleshooting. I've been looking everywhere for a wiring diagram over the circuits regarding the injectors and ignition coil, but cant seem to find anything useful. My question is if anyone here knows how these systems are wired, or even better has a wiring diagram overseeing it?

Right now im working by the best of my general knowledge and im finding about 2.5V at the contacts to the injectors and 0V at the connector to the ignition coil. My best guess is that i should find 5 or 12V at the injectors and 12V at the contact to the ignition coil (key on, engine off).

By this im being drawn into thinking its an issue with the wiring or maybe the ECU, but its a wild guess at this point. Does anyone have any valuable input to this?
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Xsara Picasso 04 - crank, no start

Post by wheeler »

What is the last 8 digits of the VIN please?
Injectors & coil are 12v feeds but you may only get this on cranking.
Did the engine run after the coil was changed then stop again or was it replaced to try & cure the fault?
Have you checked ALL the fuses & removed the ECU plugs to check for water ingress or corrosion?
victorimba

Post by victorimba »

The last eight digits are: 39587020

Ah, I tested the connector to the ignition coil with a LED-test light while cranking and it didn't light up, I could try the same with the injector connectors.

From my understanding the car died on him and he towed it to the local mechanic that diagnosed a faulty ignition coil and put in a new one. The car then ran fine for a while until the engine light lit up again giving him a P0420-code. He installed a new catalytic converter and the car ran for a couple of miles until dying on him again. The car was towed back home and here we are. There is also a EVAP-related code present, but i think the car should start anyway.

I've checked all fuses in the fuse box to the right in the engine compartment and at the driver side inside the car (its a left hand drive).

By removing the plugs you mean the three female connectors to it? If so, yes. I've checked them and the pins on the ECU. I cant see any apparent water or electrical damage or corrosion, it looks clean as new.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Here is the full injection system diagram
1331-1334 are the injectors & 1135 is the coil pack.
Attachments
picasso.jpg
victorimba

Post by victorimba »

You are a real saint, thank you!
victorimba

Post by victorimba »

Hi again,

Found the culprit in the shape of a shorted O2-sensor that blew a fuse. I replaced the sensor and the fuse and the car then ran as expected. Now to the follow-up problem... After a closer inspection it seems that something must have gone wrong during the installation of the new catalyctic converter because both O2-sensors are really shoved up towards and being crushed against the heat shield, causing damage to the wires. I suspect that just replacing the sensor will have the problem show up again in a short time.
Has this happened to anyone else? Is there something else i can do about it or is it just a faulty installation of the CC? I mean i cant really see how else it would be installed, its just the holes for the 02 sensor that seems... malplaced.

Any help is appreciated!
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

It could be incorrectly fitted but at the same time its not uncommon to have to make some ‘modifications’ to make cheap aftermarket exhausts fit. You might be able to tweak the heat sheid to make it sit clear.