Engine,gearbox,steering,braking faults on dash.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

crapday69
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6 eHDi VTR+NAV

Engine,gearbox,steering,braking faults on dash.

Post by crapday69 »

I was driving into work on Friday night when in the work car park my engine cut out and masses of faults came dinging up on my screen.

Engine. Gearbox. Steering and braking faults showed up. I plugged in my fault reader and 9 faults came up most about communications. I took the car to a local garage who seem to think it’s the DPF as it’s chock full. Could this result in all those faults. At first the aa and the garage thought it could be the alternator as a lie batter can cause faults like that.

Below is a couple of screen shots of the faults.

Thanks.

Gary.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Engine,gearbox,steering,braking faults on dash.

Post by wheeler »

So did the car restart again??
If it was an alternator fault the car should have restarted with a jump start & the alternator could have been checked.
I would also think that a DPF fault would have gave you plenty of warnings (limp mode, warning messages etc) before it got to the stage of making the engine cut out.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

What year is the car? How many miles has it done? Is it still on the original battery?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
crapday69
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6 eHDi VTR+NAV

Post by crapday69 »

The car is a 12 plate with 117000 miles. It’s not the alternator that’s fine and the battery is healthy I replaced it 18 months ago. I was thinking the fuse box as I went through a big puddle the other week.

I’ve had no problems with lack of power or limp home mode. The car wouldn’t start but a couple of hours later it started but wouldn’t go into gear. When I turned the ignition off it wouldn’t start again. The heating fans also stopped working.