Parking sensor dosn't work

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gustav
Donor 2023
My Cars: citroen c5 2010

Re: Parking sensor dosn't work

Post by gustav »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 11:07 Really - Aggressive :?:

I can't see anything aggressive in my post to be honest, maybe you are being over-sensitive.

I had the same vehicle, a little earlier with front and rear assistance, so know that the test works on my vehicle - although if your car has gone into economy mode, it may not work of course.

As far as water can affect the sensors - yes, I speak from extensive experience on all 3 MK I, MK II and MK III C5s I have owned. Water can get up behind the bumper and if the wiring has become unsecured or is hanging in a certain way, any water can run back down the wire and into the sensor module itself causing the intermittent issues.

With this system, it is all or nothing - if any one sensor goes then the system does not work for safety reasons.

The other possible issue apart from a faulty sensor is that the ECU itself has been knocked, or has a bad connection in the wiring plug, or has had some liquid spilled onto the module that is causing problems, for which this also had that happened to me too after 5 litres of screen wash leaked into the boot floor and got into the ECU. It took several weeks to clean and dry it out.

These are just possible answers - but of course the best thing is to have it diagnosed properly with an appropriate diagnostic tool like Diagbox that will provide a fault code(s) and will help determine the cause.
Hello
I have the same symptoms as above so I am reviving the tread again. The error message is parking assistance system failure. The rear screen wash also stopped working a few weeks before the parking assisten gave up. Could this be related? Screen wash on the ECU in the boot?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not really - the parking assistance is completely separate ECU and uses a different wiring harness to the rear wash wipe.

Does the rear wiper motor work, but it's just the screen wash that doesn't? If so it may be the washer pump.
As for the Parking ECU if one or more of the parking sensors is malfunctioning, then the whole system packs in. If you have Diagbox, run a diagnostic and it should tell you which sensor is faulty if this is the case.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
gustav
Donor 2023

Post by gustav »

No diagbox unfortunately, just an ELM327 obd2 with Carscanner on my android phone. Not sure what Im able to see....
Rear wiper is working fine so probably the rear washer pump.
A thought: if the pump is working and the culprite is a broken hose. Is it in that case possible that screen wash can find its way to the parking assistent ECU?
C5-NON
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C5 MK3 auto Tourer 2011

Post by C5-NON »

A quick look to see if your boot floor is full of screen wash might answer that. My hose split were it comes out the top of the back of the car when you open the boot (on the tourer). I fixed it with a length of pipe and a couple of hose clamps.
jml
Locked user account
My Cars: A brilliant C8 2.2 HDi 173

Post by jml »

To tapkaJohnD, re your post on 13/2/21.

I have never seen Marc to be agressive and I certainly didn't see any aggressiveness in his helpful response to you - unless you took his description of your mechanic's diagnosis as 'baloney', which it most definitely was.

You couldn't find anybody more tirelessly helpful than Marc.
Julian Leyton (RIP) 2023
gustav
Donor 2023

Post by gustav »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 21:06 Not really - the parking assistance is completely separate ECU and uses a different wiring harness to the rear wash wipe.

Does the rear wiper motor work, but it's just the screen wash that doesn't? If so it may be the washer pump.
As for the Parking ECU if one or more of the parking sensors is malfunctioning, then the whole system packs in. If you have Diagbox, run a diagnostic and it should tell you which sensor is faulty if this is the case.
Hi again!
Im thinking of buying a diagbox. Any specific one U recommend?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Many here buy theirs from Easydiagnostics. Great backup support and there is a discount for members:

viewtopic.php?t=60112
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc