On your Bike

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: On your Bike

Post by bobins »

Both the Citroen promo and Jim's comments reminds me of the delightfully unhinged animation - Belleville Rendez-vous (The Triplets of Belleville) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tripl ... Belleville

"It tells the story of Madame Souza, an elderly woman who goes on a quest to rescue her grandson Champion, a Tour de France cyclist, who has been kidnapped by the French mafia for gambling purposes and taken to the city of Belleville (an amalgam of New York City, Montreal and Quebec City). She is accompanied by Champion's loyal and obese hound, Bruno, and joined by the Triplets of Belleville, music hall singers from the 1930s, whom she meets in the city.
Belleville Rendez-vous 1
Belleville Rendez-vous 1
Belleville Rendez-vous 2
Belleville Rendez-vous 2
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

bobins wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 18:53 Both the Citroen promo and Jim's comments reminds me of the delightfully unhinged animation - Belleville Rendez-vous (The Triplets of Belleville) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tripl ... Belleville
Wow! That's magic :D I must see if I can find a source on the 'net as I'd love to watch it...

It looks like it's available on Amazon Prime Video...

I think I may enjoy that one :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

she wasn't a sneaky ebiker was she Jim?? i bumped into a couple of my customers down at a local beach called Chapel Porth, like most of them on this coast, Steep hill access only, we had come in the offroad route, had a chat, we set off on our slow and stedy climb, about half way when Zoom past they went! :-D to be honest, i cant blame them, they are both in their 70's and Love cycling, ebikes mean they can carry on!

Heated socks arrived today, got a pair as hell raiser posted to try, will pop some batteries in and give them a whirl!
managed a nice slippery slidey 12 mile loop yesterday on the bike, had been tweaking the damper in my forks for s little more compliance and figured the best place to test them would be my local loop where i truely do switch off and ride! forgotten how much fun it can be when its slippy!!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Timmo wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 16:24 she wasn't a sneaky ebiker was she Jim??
Not so far as we could see!

Looking forward to hearing how the heated socks work :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

Will give them a try on the weekend Jim, may need the slightly bigger sealskinz over the top, appears to be a basic heated element that runs down one side and over the toes, will see how the fare!

'58 C2 Code
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

It's good that the heating element encompasses the toes, it'll be where the heat will be most needed...
Jim

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

CitroJim wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 17:39 It's good that the heating element encompasses the toes, it'll be where the heat will be most needed...
THAT was what I was looking for when I did the ebay search. It is the extremities that get cold first, and which need the most protection.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Whatsthisthen :?:

Spoiler: show
Its the lightest weight electric bicycle money can buy according to this...

https://electrek.co/2021/02/18/hps-dome ... y-can-buy/
Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Skull
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroën Xantia XII HDi
Citroën AX XII

Missing AX 1.4D Echo

Post by Skull »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 08:52 Whatsthisthen :?:

Regards Neil
I'm guessing that's a re-chargable 'water bottle' :twisted:
On my 4th Citroën Xantia (X2 HDi (110))
Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Gone
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.4D /1.5D)
2 x 406 (1.9 TD Estate/2.1 TD Saloon) 405 1.9 D Estate 306 1.9 XTDT Hatch
Skull
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroën Xantia XII HDi
Citroën AX XII

Missing AX 1.4D Echo

Post by Skull »

Skull wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 10:06
NewcastleFalcon wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 08:52 Whatsthisthen :?:

Regards Neil
I'm guessing that's a re-chargable 'water bottle' :twisted:
Spoiler: show
:bd: Very discreet and 10 Kg lighter than my current ride ....I better get saving
On my 4th Citroën Xantia (X2 HDi (110))
Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Gone
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.4D /1.5D)
2 x 406 (1.9 TD Estate/2.1 TD Saloon) 405 1.9 D Estate 306 1.9 XTDT Hatch
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

A magical day for cycling today :-D Warm, sunny weather and dry roads!

Despite it being my rest day I made the most of it and enjoyed a superb gentle tour around the area...
ride2002.jpg
And no need to spend an hour or so hosing all the usual winter road muck off the bike and cleaning/lubricating the chain :D

Both the bike and I arrived home almost as immaculate as when we left :)

The sun now has warmth in it... Spring is definitely getting its act together :D
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 17:18 The sun now has warmth in it... Spring is definitely getting its act together :D

There was a proper "dawn-ish" chorus as I was on the dog walk this morning at 8-30am ish.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 17:23
CitroJim wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 17:18 The sun now has warmth in it... Spring is definitely getting its act together :D

There was a proper "dawn-ish" chorus as I was on the dog walk this morning at 8-30am ish.
Magic isn't it Neil :D I've been noticing during my morning runs. Now the sun rises earlier I'm often still running as dawn breaks and the birdsong is a true joy to behold :D

The birdsong was especially magical when I ran around Linford Wood the other morning...

Spring makes winter worth enduring ;)
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Carpets of snowdrops in some of the woods, daffodils beginning but a bit off yet. I took a great interest last year in photographing the seasonal flowers as they came through, posted many on the FCF POTD "botany club". Be interesting to compare dates and times with this year.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

i have noticed the birds in the mornings of late, Such a pleasant time wasting noise! a real warming sound!
no ride this weekend, instead dragged the good lady, both girls and hound down through the woods to the beach and back, - obligatory coffee and slice of cake whilst watching the sea! was lovely, 4 1/2 mile stroll for us and about 37 for the hound! :-D
littlun (10 years old) asked to go for a little ride today, let her lead the way, nice little 3m loop around the village, dry and Warm! Bliss!

'58 C2 Code