On your Bike

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: On your Bike

Post by CitroJim »

Skull wrote: 18 Jan 2021, 13:26 Nothing major just bruised knee and hip - been out today for a 40 minute stretch ....
Excellent :D I'm currently not road riding as I use up my one exercise daily ration with running...

Thank goodness for Zwift :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Skull
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroën Xantia XII HDi
Citroën AX XII

Missing AX 1.4D Echo

Post by Skull »

Lovely countryside .....
Skull's
Skull's
Skull's
Skull's
Skull's
Skull's
Skull's
Skull's
Skull's last weeks crash scene now totally thawed
Skull's last weeks crash scene now totally thawed
The trouble with the countryside is the sneaky buggers that ruin it :oops:

Skull's REPORTED
Skull's REPORTED
Skull's REPORTED
Skull's REPORTED
Skull's REPORTED
Skull's REPORTED
Main ones but there are numerous small piles of debris along most of the route :puke:
On my 4th Citroën Xantia (X2 HDi (110))
Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Gone
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.4D /1.5D)
2 x 406 (1.9 TD Estate/2.1 TD Saloon) 405 1.9 D Estate 306 1.9 XTDT Hatch
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Wow! That's magical Skull :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

looks a little Damp underfoot there Skull!!

always annoys me when people flytip, there really is no need, plain lazyness, someone dumped an old kitchen in the little used back gate of the local school one year, luckily word got around Very quickly and it dissapeared again!
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Timmo wrote: 21 Jan 2021, 17:55 always annoys me when people flytip, there really is no need, plain lazyness!
Agreed.. It's disgusting and costs a lot of money to clean up that the councils could use for far more deserving causes...

I've noticed the problem around here has got a worse since Covid Lockdown 1 came into effect as all visits to the tip/dump/recycling centre need to be pre-booked and trailer and vans are banned unless you're trade...

Many now find it frustratingly difficult to use the tips to dispose of legitimate household waste...

I guess in desperation they just fly-tip instead... I can understand but in no way do I condone it...
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

The unseasonably warm weather with sunny spells today allowed me to enjoy my first road ride of 2021 :D

Notwithstanding my previous comments about outdoor cycling being too risky... Robyn gave me a good talking to about being over-cautious and denying myself a bit of pleasure so I took her words to heart and set off :)
First Outing in 2021
First Outing in 2021
It was a great ride despite the headwind that kept me company for most of the time... Despite the warm, dry day the roads were very wet after heavy overnight rain and several sections had considerable standing water... I got rather wet feet and the bike got very dirty!
Gratuitous picture of a well-loved bike and car!
Gratuitous picture of a well-loved bike and car!
It was worth all the work to clean the bike for the pleasure of the ride :D
Jim

mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Is the circled building really full of male deer or is it a bunch of lager louts?
Borrowed from above
Borrowed from above
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Your guess is as good as mine Mick... Maybe it's the HQ of the TOADS ;) See my other photo in POTD...

I get the feeling there may be a secret society in the village!
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Yesterday's ride...
ride290121.jpg
Rather pleased at how this photo turned out... Captures a lot of atmosphere :D
Jim

Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

nice milages there Jim!annoyingly didnt take the oppertunity to grab a couple of hours in the saddle yesterday afternoon, shed work all done and returned, beautiful weather, decided to clean the cars instead and tody the shed a little, cue the weekend forecast yesterday evening and the deepest of joy at the view of Rain all saturday and Sunday! Bum! :-D still , the car will be clean on mondays grocery run to get filthy again!!
slightly more exciting is my new Crank boots arrived today to replace the aliexpress ones that lasted 2 rides! :-D

'58 C2 Code
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

It's certainly been raining well here today Timmo... A boat is needed rather than a bike 😂

Excellent on the boots :) Hopefully they'll keep your feet dry, something my cycling hoes surely don't :twisted:

Today was a day for a ride on the Turbo Trainer... I've now ridden over 3,000 miles on Zwift!
Jim

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

It was a new bike and new kit day in the virtual cycling world for me today :)
Zwift
Zwift
The virtual me on my new virtual Trek Madone riding around Central Park in New York :D
Jim

Skull
Donor 2024
My Cars: Citroën Xantia XII HDi
Citroën AX XII

Missing AX 1.4D Echo

Post by Skull »

That looks just like you Jim 8-)
On my 4th Citroën Xantia (X2 HDi (110))
Citroën sAXo Memphis Mk II
Gone
Xantia x3 (2.0i TCT Activa)(2.1 TD SX)(1.9 TD Estate)
Xsara HDi VTR Coupe / Saxo 1.1i / BX 1.9 d / 4 x AX's (1.4D /1.5D)
2 x 406 (1.9 TD Estate/2.1 TD Saloon) 405 1.9 D Estate 306 1.9 XTDT Hatch
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Skull wrote: 01 Feb 2021, 18:28 That looks just like you Jim 8-)
I have to admit, it's a good likeness :)

Zwift asks for sex, height, age and weight to help estimate watts/Kg whilst riding and presumably uses this information when building your basic avatar...

It additionally allows configuration of skin tone, hair style and beard plus a selection of helmets, glasses, shoes, socks, mitts, jerseys and shorts... As you move up levels your choice is improved and more expensive stuff becomes available. I'm currently on Level 24 which allows me to acquire a good bike :)

It does a good job... The bike and wheels are realistic too :D

The only problem is, I just cannot get my avatar to wear socks :roll: :lol:
Jim

Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

Perhaps it never rains in the land of the avatars! 🤣 I think currently a drysuit would be most use! A lot of my guys use zwift, I really can see the advantages of it but, from experience of having a turbo and a decent exercise bike here, I didn't use them anywhere near as much as I thought I would! One of my long term chaps built a good size shed for the purpose of storing his bikes And having the zwift set up permanently, very well executed too, he puts an hour in a day minimum, I guess zwift is the cyclists Zoom! Both rocketed since the first lock down!

'58 C2 Code