dispatch front drivers window regulator wiring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Slyp98
My Cars: Dispatch 08,, cactus 16

dispatch front drivers window regulator wiring

Post by Slyp98 »

Hi all I bought a spurious regulator online citroen dispatch 2008 , it fits perfectly but the wiring plug is different , it has 2 pins where the van harness has a big wide plug with 4 wires , has anyone advice on the wire connections thanks
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: dispatch front drivers window regulator wiring

Post by wheeler »

Sounds to me like you have been given a regulator from an earlier model.
Slyp98

Post by Slyp98 »

ive checked the invoice and the box the part no's match up so im after contacting them to see whats up
Slyp98

Post by Slyp98 »

Another prob , my messing around yesterday has caused the windows to stop working altogether now , mirrors work ok but no windows, can someone tell me where the fuse for the motors are located thanks
Slyp98

Post by Slyp98 »

The drivers side switches dont work , but the passenger side switch does open and close the window, is there 2 separate fuses ?
Slyp98

Post by Slyp98 »

Bump
Slyp98

Post by Slyp98 »

Anyone??
moizeau
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 91 BX TZD Estate. Dead but loved
407 HDI 136 auto
C4 2l petrol coupé
2010 Dispatch III HDI 90
AND a 1980 Z1000ST
AND a 1983 GPz1100 inj
AND a 1995 Zephyr 1100
AND a 1980 Z650 (my moped)

Post by moizeau »

Would it be a LHD? The wiring is different because the driver can operate the passenger window.
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Whats your RP number? can be found on the sticker with your tyre pressures on it.
Attachments
RP_Label.jpg
Slyp98

Post by Slyp98 »

RP 11301U9 that's the 1st line
Slyp98

Post by Slyp98 »

anyone , still no joy with this had it in the mechanics for 2 days now , replaced door wiring loom , still no windows working , he sayes prob bsi fault,
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi

Can you provide your VIN for me (auto-masked from public view on submission) and I'll see if I have a Diagram for you.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Slyp98

Post by Slyp98 »

Hi Marc , sorry been a crazy few months van has been out of action , still need to find out whats up with her ,,, can you find any wiring info ,heres the VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
thanks Kieran
mmwain

Post by mmwain »

Did you guys get anywhere with this? I also have an 08 Dispatch with driver motor not operating. Brought it with a plank holding the window up and the regulator a mass of twisted and snapped wires, including in the winder. I've got a new regulator but not the motor as this runs fine both fwd and backward when connected direct to the battery via the 2 pins in the motor itself once you take the small electronics bit off it, also it runs normally when plugged into the passenger side. Unlike above, mine has a 6 way connector, although only 4 are used. When you connect the motor it doesn't do anything but the passenger side runs normally from either switch. I've checked every fuse in the vehicle, all fine, particularly F5 & F6. There is power to both those fuses. The wiring in the door all looks fine. I did a BSI reset. The electronics piggybacking the motor look ok. I disassembled the switch, also looks OK and pressing the switches gives different Ohm readings and it operates the passenger side OK, so I think that's OK. I'm not getting 12V anywhere on the 2 door connectors though, no matter what I do with the switch/ignition. Also tried wiggling the cables through the door and hinge, no joy with that either. Does the switch trigger a relay somewhere to provide the power? I could test it if I had some idea where it was (if it exists!). Wiring diagram?
mmwain

Post by mmwain »

As nobody could help with this and I ran out of ideas short of replacing the computer, I fixed it by installing an earth wire from the door to an earth point just inside the dash where the fuses are. Then, I cut the big white wire into the regulator connector which is permanent 12V and wired it through a 10A fuse to the centre pin of a generic 5 way window switch that I mounted in the front of the existing pair, chopping out all the electric mirror gubbins I don't need as I don't have them. The 2 pins either side I earthed onto the door using one of the new bolts holding the replaced regulator in. The two outer pins are connected into the 2 motor terminals using 2.8mm female blue spade connectors. These connectors are inside the motor after you've taken off the control gubbins that is held on by a small torx and 2 black plastic spring clips. The 10A fuse needs to be near the top so that you can easily pull it out with the switch assembly if it blows, which it might if you leaned on it for long enough. With this system there is no modern power consumption type safety feature to revers the direction if the window hits something so it's important to always make sure there is nobody in the way of the window and use a low fuse rating so the fuse will blow before serious damage is done. 5A is too low as it just blows when it hits the end stops. Also note that the window switch is always live so, for instance, a pet might tread on it if left in the vehicle and then escape when it opens fully. That's not an issue for me but if it is for you then you could run in a power cable from elsewhere.