Parcel Force Ugh!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Parcel Force Ugh!

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I have had bad experiences with the lot, so I simply put it down to the driver at the end of the day and how they treat your parcel, handle it and the manner in which they get it from the van to your door.
  • We had an excellent DPD driver for a while - a young chap that was really friendly, took great care to hand over your parcel and stood there while you checked it - full of praise for him and I reciprocated via customer reviews.
  • Then another occasion, they changed the driver and one day and he stopped in the middle of the road, saw me about 20 metres away, yelled out my name as a question, when I said yes, he basically threw our box onto the side of the road, kicked to the side, left it there, said "cheers", got in his van and legged it. :shock:
The parcel had dinner plates in so I was not impressed and complained to DPD about the service and told them not to ever send that tw*t to me again as he's not doing your brand any favours. I got a call back from the regional boss and they pulled him - I don't think I was the first to complain by all accounts.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

The problems that my Brother has had are nothing to do with any driver; they are that Parcel Force not only did not tell him they had arrived, they did not answer communications and (as far as I know) when they did answer him they did not admit they had the items. On a few occasions small items have not been delivered to his postal address (me) as there are Customs tariffs that need to be paid (he has a business Parcel Force account that is meant to cover things like this), but delivery 'tickets' have been received to let him know why the items cannot be delivered.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

F1B19A46-80A6-42C1-AD77-0294AF88AF77.jpeg
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Clearly ebay have found a new way, please note the date and time I am posting this:
Screenshot of email to me
Screenshot of email to me
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

mickthemaverick wrote: 12 Jan 2021, 15:41 Clearly ebay have found a new way, please note the date and time I am posting this:

I got the same the other day...

I did wonder if it was to advise it was delivered to the courier/carrier for onward transmission... My 'advice of delivery' arrived four days before the item did!

Speaking to our local postman he tells me they are still snowed under and way behind... he told me there are plans to ensure all will be OK next year...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

What I find even odder about this is that I made one order for three items from the same supplier, I have now been advised of three deliveries at 18.06 this evening when I actually got 1 delivery this morning with one of the three items. Oddly all three items are the same artificial flower strings but in different colours!! I will wait another day or two to see if the others arrive!! :-D
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Last November I despatched a parcel of spares using Hermes and the delivery took so long both I and the recipient gave up on it as lost. Even Hermes told us both it was indeed lost...

I even began an insurance claim against them...

In the end it was delivered to the recipient on Christmas Day!

This past week I have despatched two further parcels using Hermes and both have turned up at their destinations within two days!

Why use Hermes again after such a poor service you may ask? Basically because in lockdown it's easy for me as our corner shop at the end of my road is a parcel dropoff point for them...

I'm quietly impressed despite the generally bad reputation Hermes enjoy... Maybe they have looked at all the feedback they have received and decided to up their game... Who knows?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

My experience of Hermes is that they're fine, everything I've dispatched has arrived quickly at its destination and that's something like 700 parcels, everything from hi-fi speakers and metal stands, even a batch of four steel wheels.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 26 Jan 2021, 09:57 My experience of Hermes is that they're fine
That's good to know Eric... My bad experience must have been an outlier I guess...

Gives me a good degree of confidence for using them in the future...

That said, they don't enjoy a good reputation on social media in general and are the butt of a few jokes...
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Anyone know their Greek Mythology, very good for University Challenge Questions. Would have got a few points in Mondays episode.

Who was Hermes?

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Zeus' son and the first telegram boy!! :-D