On your Bike

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Re: On your Bike

Post by Timmo »

Beautiful day down here in the bottom Left, coastal loop with my buddy, strange to think its almost December,
IMG_20201129_114717.jpg
https://www.relive.cc/view/vevYD2ERGyq
Never before, even peak 'normal' summer season have I seen the small parking area on the route That full! People everywhere! And a Lot of mud! My word a Lot of mud! Legs are feeling it some now!
The good news being with some dhb overshoes and the waterproof socks my feet were Warm! :-D
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

That looks magical Timmo :D Your weather was a bit different to ours! I went cycling yesterday and my video camera lens was totally obscured by large water droplets from riding through murky mist :shock:

I've really noticed how busy local beauty spots are nowadays... My favourite Saturday run location, Salcey Forest, has been rammed solid for several Saturdays running now... Forestry England staff were turning people away as the car parks, including the big overflow, was full!

Maybe the general population have got the message that exercise and fresh air is good for them ;)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

Was like a beautiful spring day out Jim, perfect for riding, possibly the most number of seals on seal beach, probably between 50- 75 of them, the smell emminating from there was something to behold! 🤪 🤪 Everywhere around here has been remarkably busy of late, sadly despite the 'rules' a Lot of holiday homers shot down when the second Lockdown was announced, normally this Time of year you would see 3 or 4 couple walking on this stretch,

'58 C2 Code
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Only 21 seconds here

but a longer version popped up and grabbed my interest a little.
and here it is

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sweet :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

As ebike kits go, that actually looks half decent!

Another beautiful if bloomin fresh day out today! Loop up the 2 big hills and down to the valley, back to the beach and home, just under 21 miles, completely frozen feet..... 😬
IMG_20201206_102205.jpg
Above my bike in the distance is an engine house, above that to the right is St Michael's Mount on the South Coast, on the right side theres a hill with a dip in the clouds, St Ives on the North coast, only this time of year the sky's clear enough to see both!

'58 C2 Code
NewcastleFalcon

Timmo wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 19:13 As ebike kits go, that actually looks half decent!

Another beautiful if bloomin fresh day out today! Loop up the 2 big hills and down to the valley, back to the beach and home, just under 21 miles, completely frozen feet..... 😬
People will be flocking to Cornwall if you keep posting those blue sky pictures Timmo :-D

Cornwall has cropped up in other threads recently....wondered if you had heard of this, some very deep holes being bored on a Redruth Industrial Estate....

viewtopic.php?p=665275#p665275

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

They have been drilling for lithium for a few years, large deposits of such are in the ground around here, also a lot of good geothermal potential too! That and tin reserves are ever closer to be revisit able at South Crofty mine, there's more to Kernow than cream teas and beaches! 🤪 🤪 🤪

'58 C2 Code
NewcastleFalcon

I like an old advert and the "turn of phrase" used in them. Nice one for the cyclemaster roundsman....

"It is difficult to find youths willing to pedal a loaded cycle, but the famous cyclemaster engine attracts just the right type."

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 07 Dec 2020, 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

I love that number plate Neil, perfect marketing message in the most simple terms!! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

I well remember Cyclemasters from when I was a little kid... Dad used to run several... I found some odd bits of them when I cleared his shed in 2005...

After the Cyclemasters he graduated to the heady heights of NSU Quicklys :)

And finally a Honda C50!
Jim

Timmo
(Donor 2022)

Post by Timmo »

Not seen a cycle master but have had a go on a modern version! Electric cargo bike, quite an odd feeling when the wheels 8ft further in front of the bars! Did have a Crazy idea about running a small local delivery service for small packages etc. Utilising one of these, pick up and drop off service for small business, as ever though, initial outlay for the bike, setting up insurances put paid to that! :-(

'58 C2 Code
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Saw a bit about the Teslabike, looks like a very complex solution to a very simple problem.

Fairly sketchy but supposed to have tons of stuff that no-one ever needed - pothole radar etc.
NewcastleFalcon

Aston Martin "brand" a bike too...

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

myglaren wrote: 09 Dec 2020, 19:22 pothole radar
That becomes a cyclist's sixth sense ;)

I hope the Tesla design has rear view radar as I have courtesy of Garmin... It's a lifesaver and I'd be lost without it...
Jim