Conversión hydractive suspension to a mechanic one?!?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

das_x7
My Cars: Hello. I am a proud owner of a Citroen C5 X7, 2.0 hdi, 136 HP and a Citroen Xsara, 1.6 gasoline 110 HP.

Conversión hydractive suspension to a mechanic one?!?

Post by das_x7 »

Hello. My name is Dani and I'm from Madrid. I have a Citroen C5 X7, 2.0 hdi, 136 HP from 2009 with automatic gearbox. I really love this car but the suspension is not working well. First it started blowing away the well known fuse. After a diagnostic in local Citroen workshop the diagnostic was a bad suspension pump. Because I can't afford a new one I've deciden to mount a second hand one. Now the car isn't fall down but instead it is high on front axle causing a very annoying noise (I guess because is too high). Also the steering wheel sensor is not recognize the pump and the pump can not be linked with the car via Lexia. Tired of this problems I want to change the hydractive suspension with a classic one. Is this posible? Anyone has tryed it? Thank you.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Conversión hydractive suspension to a mechanic one?!?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's not just the suspension you'll need to replace - you will need to replace the LDS tank with the smaller reservoir for the Power Steering fluid too if you are going to remove all the hydraulic systems.

Going back to your pump - if you have not bought a compatible (exact same part number) BHI then you will have problems as these are different depending on engine, body version and other factors.

You may also have a faulty height corrector if it is not moving - or if there is a fault with the BHI then all height correction is suspended and it will remain at the height it was before the problem started.

I think you might be better off, getting a compatible BHI, and possibly getting the dealer to fit it if you are not confident and they can also undertake the height correction procedure for you.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

If you still have the original pump that was removed from your car, you should be able to transfer the electronics module onto the replacement pump, to fix any compatibility errors.

It does seem that your front height sensor has been disturbed while the work was done.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

You might have to look at your headlamps as well. If they're HID lamps with self-levelling they might be OK but if they're standard halogen then they will need to be changed/modified to have motor adjustment and the adjusting switch fitted to the steering column cowl. I've no idea if the wiring is already in place but that might need to be fitted/fabricated as well.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
baustromverteiler
My Cars: C5 III 136 HDI 2009

Post by baustromverteiler »

Did you ever have a leaky LDS-Tank?

Some pumps keep blowing the fuse because there is a rather nasty mixture of lds and the dust of the motor brushes building up a conductive goop that keeps shorting the pump. After a good cleaning the chances are your pumps works fine again (without spending 1000s)