Tesco Pay at Pump Receipts...

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Tesco Pay at Pump Receipts...

Post by CitroJim »

Very early this morning I filled my Saxo up with fuel at our local Tesco just before going to restock my own sources of fuel...

As the filling station was not yet open I used the Pay at Pump facility - as I often do,,,

This is never straightforward as last week when filling Pix I needed to visit three pumps before I found a functional one... The others had run out of till roll and that stops the whole thing from working, even if you don't want a receipt printed :o

This morning it all went very smoothly, the first pump I visited worked and all seemed good. I took on £18-worth of fuel... Half a tank in a Saxo :D

I pressed the button to print myself a receipt and sallied forth into the supermarket to stock up on human fuel feeling smug and happy all had gone so well :)

The food shop was good too. Very quiet, well stocked and very tranquil. I was in and out in 20 minutes with well filled trolley :)

Once home, I looked at my petrol receipt... It said I'd been charged over £33 and many more litres than I'd bought :shock: :twisted:

I looked at the date and time on the receipt and it was 9:19 PM the previous evening :o

I posted about this on Facebook and several people, including my daughter Robyn, has had this very same thing happen :o

One of my cousins, who works in a Tesco branch up north, said it's a well-known problem!

Allegedly, the amount charged to your bank account is always correct... I hope so!

It's just the receipt that's wrong and it seems the pump prints them out of sequence :?

Anyone on here had this happen?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Re: Tesco Pay at Pump Receipts...

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Can't contribute Jim, although I did pay at pump for a small amount of petrol at Morrisions, and my only problem was not remembering my Pin until the third attempt, through hardly ever using itfrom using contactless most of the time.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Never had it happen to me Jim. I get a receipt every time I buy fuel as I keep a record of fill-ups to know exactly what fuel consumption I'm getting. OTOH, if it's a Tesco specific problem it's been quite a few years since I bought fuel there.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Can't offer any help there Jim, as I may have mentioned I run both my cars on Shell Vpower and hence never buy fuel at Tesco, mind you since the cheese incident I don't buy anything at Tesco!! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I have never bought fuel from supermarkets ever since the problem Tesco had about fifteen years ago with fuel that was incorrectly dosed with an additive that caused engine failure.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

One reason I buy my fuel from Tesco is because I know my credit card will be as safe as possible from scammers...

All our local filling stations have a most unenviable record for card scams. Almost every day our local Facebook groups contain reports...

To be honest, Pix and Sally don't seem to run any better/worse on Tesco petrol than on anything else...

So I'd may as well enjoy a relatively safe credit card and well-priced petrol... Ours is significantly cheaper than most of the others...

One thing I can never understand is why anyone patronises our local BP... It's expensive by a considerable margin and has the worst local reputation for card scams yet it's always packed!

Maybe it's the M&S and the Wild Bean café as it surely ain't for the cheap petrol...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...