Original reversing camera for RT6 - Citroen C5 X7 2015

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Original reversing camera for RT6 - Citroen C5 X7 2015

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Your aware of course that the OEM rear view camera was only fitted to the Tourer, so whatever has been added is entirely aftermarket and usually involved a separate control box and dedicated wiring, so I think your first step has to be locating the control box with the dip switches, looking for the manufacturer and then seeing what settings need to be changed on that (if any) to support any replacement camera as there will be nothing you can configure from the vehicle's point of view.

There's little point in going into the OEM wiring for a Tourer model with camera as that is a CAN controlled camera system wired into the specific parking assistance ECU for models with factory-fitted rear cameras.

wfdTamar
Donor 2020

Post by wfdTamar »

Yes, I wouldn’t bother fitting an OEM system. Too much bother. If I can’t sort out a new camera, I’ll just live with the one I have.

BTW, in Australia the sedans were fitted with cameras as standard from 2016. I presume they are OEM ones though I haven’t seen one to be sure.

Do you know the resolution of the RT6 screen?

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I have an Australian 2016 C5 brochure (probably the last before production ended) and it states only on the Tourer, so not sure what happened there....

Click images to magnify
C5 options A.PNG
C5 options B.PNG
The resolution should be fine - as the display is High Res on this model. It is the same High Res screen that I have on mine with NG4 Navidrive 3D that can play 16:9 DVDs and take input from multiple video sources, but there is no specific data I have on the multifunction screen or the RT6 covering this.

They were shipped to Asia and Europe, so should be widely copmpatible.

wfdTamar
Donor 2020

Post by wfdTamar »

Yes looking up specs it seems the sedans didn't have it. I was sure I had read it somewhere in a review, but can't find it now. It's possible the importer/distributer or even dealers were fitting some kind of camera just to get rid of the last C5's they had as by that stage in that level of car it was one of the have to have gadgets.

lorddevereux

Post by lorddevereux »

The RT6 works on an 800x480 screen resolution, whether the screen supports higher than that I'm not totally sure but I doubt it, so that may be why the 800x600 isn't working? It all depends what's going on in that control box and how it's wired to the screen!

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just for confirmation regarding compatibility of the Reversing Camera on the RT6.

The long 10 alphanumeric code on the back of the Head unit (starting with 98xxxxxxxx) needs to end with 777XT to be compatible with a reversing camera. Other RT6 units won't have the hardware on the motherboard to work.