Who's spending your money?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Who's spending your money?

Post by Gibbo2286 »

At the entrance to the village where my business was, Clearwell, I just noticed they've erected a pole with one of those illuminated signs that tells you what speed you're travelling at, you know it flashes up signals 30-31-32 etc.

The village is an endless chicane of parked cars and to go more than thirty is just about impossible except in the middle of the night.

I'm told these gadgets cost about ten grand each, what a waste of money.

Lydney, my nearest town, has a twenty mph speed limit through all the main street, they've just spent, I'm told. a million quid marking it out for cycle lanes which make the road too narrow for cars going in opposite directions to pass without clashing mirrors, cyclists are a near unknown in the town.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Who's spending your money?

Post by CitroJim »

Ten Grand for one of those :shock: That's outrageous... Someone is indeed making a bit of a profit from them...

Bedfordshire has loads... I love riding past them on my bike to see if I can trigger them off...

One thing I do know is they all read fast. Compared to my Garmin GPS speedo that is...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Re: Who's spending your money?

Post by Michel »

They used to have one not far from the MOT place I always used that flashed your speed up if you were going too fast.

Someone I know, ahem, discovered it doesn’t even register if you go past it at 90.