c5 x7 double din radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rrijken
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7 tourer 2009

c5 x7 double din radio

Post by rrijken »

exchanging my old airco switch unit as the knobs are starting to desintegrate. Found a nice one in Poland coming with the bezel and all switches (esp off, P off, lock doors). It has however the following extra's:

button with citroen mark (do not know if it is a button or just a blank)
button with red SOS mark

Anybody know what these are for? Probably not usable in my car.....

Also the bezel is a double din type. What radio was fitted here? Looking to see if I maybe can switch the top navigation (not readable under sunlight) to a in dash navigation (using the double din slot).

Help appreciated!

Robert
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: c5 x7 double din radio

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Robert, I'm not clear from your description.

Your X7 doesn't have navigation (certainly not factory fitted), so confused when you say "switch the top navigation"???

The double din unit is not the correct one for your car. This was only fitted to the vehicles like mine with the Navidrive 3D Telematics system that is a double DIN unit. Further, the SOS and Citroen buttons are only if you have the Services Module installed (emergency location and emergency services assistance / activation in the event of an impact where the airbag triggers), so won't be any good if you don't have the correct equipment.

This is the Navidrive 3D unit from my vehicle so you can see the system and the buttons I am referring to:
Navidrive-Fascia-2.png
You will have issues if you fit the wrong button module and secondly, you will lose the central storage bin, as the double DIN dispenses with this in order to fit.

The button modules left and right are different based on the options and equipment for each vehicle and can be bought separately. I suspect the seller may be bundling these from a vehicle that had the Navidrive 3D (NG4) system, but they are available separately.

Secondly, these are completely different to the Climate Control panel - which again is a completely separate unit from what you are describing above and again available as a separate unit.

If you want the climate control panel, yours is item (2), 6452H8 is the part number that will also be the correct colour for the interior.
Robert Module.PNG
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
rrijken
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7 tourer 2009

Post by rrijken »

Thanks!

Japan dealers built in a Japanese navigation system which is not connected to the audio. Nav instructions come from somewhere in the dashboard. Also have extra equipment built into glovebox (dvd player and toll system) rendering the box completely useless. Under the glovebox another unit is installed now for TV.... Want to get rid of whole system but for the toll system. Navigation I can use my phone nowadays.....

can you let me know according to the vin what the car was equiped with from factory? Did it have the small info display? If yes, which one as I will then want to look into getting it.... Will then also need the audio unit from factory. Part numbers here are appreciated....

if I go above way then I cannot listen to fm anymore probably as frequency range is different. Maybe a range extender works?

will probably not use the double din bezel and just use the current one after switching the airco switch panel if connections are the same.

maybe look into after market double din system.... Do want to change the old navigation though.... Food for thought! Help as always very much appreciated.

now that engine is back to normal and suspension in front is fixed (replaced front lower arms) next step is the inside. Already used gluespray on ceiling to fix now on to dashboard and airco filter....
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's not a factory-fitted system you have then, as your VIN states quite clearly no navigation system.

But interestingly, it also does not have any recognised PSA Head Unit for the Audio, or multifunction display screen listed either. The only thing I can see is that there s a 'Frequency for Japan' setting - but the actual audio stuff is not listed apart from the microphone!

So I suspect the equipment has not been shipped purposefully, and that for vehicles intended for the Japanese market, it is left to local installers to fit something that works in Japan.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc