What are my option if I wanna upgrade my car with USB and bluetooth streaming?

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: What are my option if I wanna upgrade my car with USB and bluetooth streaming?

Post by Paul-R »

What is your girlfriend's car? What year is it?

EDIT
I can see that it's a 2011 C3. 7.62 should be enough to cover that year. Maybe Mick's VCI isn't full chip or Rev C? Or possibly there's a problem with the OBD II port on your girlfriend's car?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: What are my option if I wanna upgrade my car with USB and bluetooth streaming?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I could be the car battery in the C3 - if it is in a weakened condition, then it may have gone into economy mode. Did you try it with the engine running?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
concon255
My Cars: Peugeot 208 GTi 30th (Sold)
BMW M135i Pre-LCI

Post by concon255 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 13:39 I could be the car battery in the C3 - if it is in a weakened condition, then it may have gone into economy mode. Did you try it with the engine running?
The car was eventually going into economy mode after a few attempts, but yes we did give it a go with the engine running. Funnily enough that's when it *maybe* recognised the car briefly as the VIN number was confirmed when using the 'type VIN number' option in the top right of the Diagbox home screen, but then when trying to access some of the settings it simply said no dialogue meaning no response.
Paul-R wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 13:28 What is your girlfriend's car? What year is it?

EDIT
I can see that it's a 2011 C3. 7.62 should be enough to cover that year. Maybe Mick's VCI isn't full chip or Rev C? Or possibly there's a problem with the OBD II port on your girlfriend's car?
We tried using a standard Bluetooth OBDII reader on the car and it did respond to some telemetry changes (the throttle % went up slightly as the throttle pedal was depressed slightly), although no fault codes were stored; either very good as it means it doesn't have any, or very bad as it can't read them at all. How can we check and maybe solve Mick's VCI?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's also important to ensure the correct C3 model was selected. For 2011 it should be the C3 (A51). If you've selected the C3 , C3 II or other then you may have problems.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
concon255
My Cars: Peugeot 208 GTi 30th (Sold)
BMW M135i Pre-LCI

Post by concon255 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 07 Sep 2020, 14:12 It's also important to ensure the correct C3 model was selected. For 2011 it should be the C3 (A51). If you've selected the C3 , C3 II or other then you may have problems.
Yeah we also tried that, we tried all of the C3 models apart from the Pluriel just to make sure we weren't trying the wrong model, but no luck. Seems to be a more deep-rooted problem, which is a shame as it should be a simple plugin and change a few settings!

We weren't connected to the internet when we did these attempts; Mick said that the laptop or software is buggy when connected to the internet, and he didn't require internet when connecting to his C5 so I can't see that being an issue.

Any other ideas? Your help is very much appreciated.