OTCL News

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

NewcastleFalcon

Re: OTCL Info

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

CitroJim wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 11:11 Unless you want to hear about some of my vintage wireless and audio adventures ;)
Well I'm sure if you got going you and Peter could rack up a good few posts on that subject :-D Dont be shy about starting up threads with limited appeal, some of my leccy ones were very slow starters but have turned out to generate a good deal of posts and a surprising number of views :-D

Whats the worst that can happen :?: ...no-one joins in and no-one views...So what, never afraid to miss, is my attitude :!: :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 11:39 Well I'm sure if you got going you and Peter could rack up a good few posts on that subject :-D
We could indeed! I will start something soon. Along with cars, I'm now very much back into my vintage electronics, predominately audio, after a very long absence...

It all started again as something to keep me occupied during lockdown and my accident recovery when I could neither run nor cycle, let alone drive...

I have a very low boredom threshold and it kept me from going stir-crazy in those crazy early days :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

CitroJim wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 11:11 I'd start a thread here if only I had anything new and interesting to report that's not connected with my cars, my athletic activities or my bikes...

Unless you want to hear about some of my vintage wireless and audio adventures ;)
..er...I think your vintage radio thread is working with the evidence to date Jim :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 06 Sep 2020, 13:07
CitroJim wrote: 05 Sep 2020, 11:11 I'd start a thread here if only I had anything new and interesting to report that's not connected with my cars, my athletic activities or my bikes...

Unless you want to hear about some of my vintage wireless and audio adventures ;)
..er...I think your vintage radio thread is working with the evidence to date Jim :-D

Regards Neil
You're not wrong there Neil :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
NewcastleFalcon

Re: OTCL Info....87,000 posts likely today

:-D bit ahead of schedule another 1000 post mark will be passed on the OTCL and in a couple of posts time the 88,000 posts milestone will be passed. At 1000 posts per month the FCF is an active interesting and enjoyable forum. The higher the number rises in my opinion the better it gets so as ever....

Join in if you can :-D with posts/pictures/replies and the holy grail.....become a thread starter :-D

Plenty threads to mop up your pictures and contributions, and if there isnt a thread on a subject you find interesting start one :-D

REgards neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Sorted on POTD:
Screenshot (modified)
Screenshot (modified)
Thanks for the Heads Up Neil!! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

Sometime today, and in less than a month for the 1000 posts, which is all good the OTCL bludgeoned through the 89,000 posts barrier

It was 20 posts ago
89,000 post barrier passed
89,000 post barrier passed
Commemorative pics welcomed on POTD to mark the occasion

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Magic :D
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Today the Off Topic Chat Lounge passed the 90,000 posts landmark today, and over the course of 21 days racked up the last 1000 posts.

Excellent stuff, and well done contributors and viewers.

The forum flows at that sort of participation level, but the more the better in my view.

So when you visit, join in and post, there should always be something that's easy to contribute to or comment on, and if there's not.....start something..... :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Magic :D I try to do my best to contribute to the OTCL part of this fine forum Neil ;)

I must say, since I've been back on and active again I'm really enjoying the forum immensely, especially the OTCL :D
Jim

NewcastleFalcon

Today the Off Topic Chat Lounge passed the 91,000 posts landmark today, and over the course of 16 days racked up the last 1000 posts.

Bit of an acceleration with the odd new interesting thread, amongst the old favourites.

Excellent stuff, and well done contributors and viewers.

The forum flows at that sort of participation level, but the more the better in my view.

So when you visit, join in and post, there should always be something that's easy to contribute to or comment on, and if there's not.....start something..... :-D

REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Dont know when 92,000 posts was reached on the OTCL but missed it. The flurry of posts on the FCF Musical Advent Calendar bludgeoned through the 92,000 barrier and now we are at 92,390. May even double our usual activity to 2000 by the end of the month and get through the 94,000 mark in double quick time.

More joiners in always needed, always good to have something new to look at/comment on/ participate in when you log in.

Well done everyone..

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

OTCL 100K milestone

As of now, only 45 more posts needed to take this little corner of the FCF to 100,000 posts.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey