C5 x7 OBD ELM

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Doxat
My Cars: Citroen C5 X7 20 HDI 2010
Renault Megane 3 1.5 2006

C5 x7 OBD ELM

Post by Doxat »

I used for some 3-4 years bluetooth OBD II / ELM 327 adapter (china), and worked OK. Android aps (Torque, and others..). One day, I was reading data with Torque (at same time same phone is connected on cars hands free), I had 5 calls from wife (that rarely calls me, but than only God knows why..). And at one moment, no more data. I couldn't establish any more connection with ECU (with OBD dongle yes).

I ordered new dongle, with some PC software, and it connects and find a lot of ecus and data... even with old dongle... but from android still nothing.

Also, from PC it can not identify type of BSI... probably some part of software is corrupted.. I am suspecting on something related with PIN 3 (CAN HIGH line)...

Car is working normally, no errors, just this communication problem...

can somebody advise me or teach me something new..? Thank You in advance..
Doxat

Re: C5 x7 OBD ELM

Post by Doxat »

Can somebody tell me what model of BSI is mounted on my C5 X7 VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] YEAR 2010 TOURER... and what is C5 x7 and C5 x73c?
Doxat

Post by Doxat »

And one more detail, if helps: DW10CTED4 163 engine
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Have you tried it on a different car?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Doxat wrote: 04 Aug 2020, 01:23 Can somebody tell me what model of BSI is mounted on my C5 X7 VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] YEAR 2010 TOURER... and what is C5 x7 and C5 x73c?
We don't need any more info - the VIN is sufficient, but won't provide 'model numbers'. We can only supply you with part PSA numbers. Other info regarding your BSI will be on the BSI unit itself on the label.

Here is a typical example of a BSI label and this is NOT specific to your C5 - just a sample.

Your problem is not likely to be with the BSI - it's probably the software limitations or your diagnostic interface.

You really need Diagbox for near dealer -level diagnostics. Not all aftermarket readers are fully compliant - some may not be fully CAN compliant and others have limited software capabilities to read all the ECUs.
bsi sticker.PNG
I wouldn't touch the BSI though unless you know it is faulty and you won't know that unless you get it properly diagnosed. Just because an aftermarket won't read it, that doesn't mean it is faulty.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Doxat

Post by Doxat »

I said that for some 3+ years, aftermarket dongle ELM327 was working perfectly, and I could follow ower phone, all needed data. After one (five) phone calls, during one reading sessions, something happened, and could not connect phone any more to the car.

After that, idea was that dngle was damaged, I bought new one (more advance), and connect it...also nothing ower phone, but with both bluetooth dongles I can connect ower PC to the car. I have some readongs, but all apoint to an error in communications. Probabl in CAN - High line (PIN 3)... and there is some problem.. I am still working on it..

Some examples in photos:
Doxat

Post by Doxat »

Maybe somebody can also recognise something, and suggest some actions, from the data:
ERRORCOMMUNICATION.jpg
Data live 4.jpg
Data live 3.jpg
Data live 2.jpg
BSI ID.jpg
This is also from previous session:
Data live 21.jpg
data live 22.jpg
data live 23.jpg
So, by my opinion, there is some mess in internal communication, probably in CAN - H line (that is on PIN 3), because, when I follow software, is always more slow, and do not recognise certain things when is trying to read from PIN 3 from EOBD. Also, errors are faults that usually can be found in similar system corruptions... I will continue to research, and inform You... maybe will be useful to somebody...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ignore F40A. The oil level is measured up to a certain engine coolant temperature. Fault code F40A is recorded if the oil level has not been measured, as the temperature of the engine coolant was higher than the set threshold. Fault code F40A will be cleared from the list of faults in the built-in systems interface when the oil level is next measured.

F5FF can also be common - often fixed after a BSI Reset / Battery Disconnect / Reconnect Procedure. This can happen when either the battery has been disconnected and the reset procedure is not followed correctly - and with diagnostics kit interrogating the BSI on and off.

Make sure your battery is in a good state of charge.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc