Room 101 open for deposits.....

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Re: Room 101 open for deposits.....

Post by mickthemaverick »

That makes sense Marc, which is the first thing against it in a war environment :) , but it will be tricky in our house as the tea towels tend to go in with the coloured wash twice a week. I will wait until she is asleep and suggest a change of routine! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

Is the Teat Ow(e)l going in your personal 101 as well Mick? Could be even less funny in a domestic war zone!
mickthemaverick wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 22:09 I have to say I can't see your owl at all, can you see mine:

:-D
REgards Neil

PS and thats an example where a quote doesnt bring the image with it, although if you click on image you get the image albeit horizontal.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 11:36 Is the Teat Ow(e)l going in your personal 101 as well Mick? Could be even less funny in a domestic war zone!
mickthemaverick wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 22:09 I have to say I can't see your owl at all, can you see mine:

:-D
REgards Neil
Definitely not!! The pictured one is one of the originals that work fine, especially on a "flying" visit to the kitchen between overs! :-D
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

It used to be that towelling should be washed in salt water before use. Can't think where that came from. :)
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Could that have been to do with sterilising towelling nappies before Milton came along? :)
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 24 Jul 2020, 12:59 It used to be that towelling should be washed in salt water before use. Can't think where that came from. :)
Worth a try, may work on the same principle that water softeners do - as in dishwashers etc.
NewcastleFalcon

calls handling.....everywhere, every company, every government department.

and the vast quantity of time spent holding, being thanked for your time, and constantly being told your call is important.....

regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 08 Sep 2020, 09:27 calls handling.....everywhere, every company, every government department.

and the vast quantity of time spent holding, being thanked for your time, and constantly being told your call is important.....
Yes, totally agree :twisted:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Worse than that is a Fake Customer Service Contact Number that I and hundreds of others are having issues with a company called Create Ikohs.

The number is totally fake as it always rings for the same number of rings, is answered with the same recording thanking you for your call and telling you your call will be answered as soon as possible and then to please hold, then that all calls are being recorded, then at the exact same time, the woman who sounds like a 12 year old girl tells you "Right now, all our agents are busy and to email them or ring back in a few minutes and then they promptly cut you off!

This has happened every day for the last month!

I am now pursuing a Section 75 claim against them.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Had a look at their Trust pilot listing, you're not alone, I suspect their positive reviews are fake judging by the amount of negatives.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, a lot of fake or paid reviews on there - you can usually tell by the typical one-liner 5 star 'reviews'. Any reviews that have an 'Invited' mark at the top are initiated by the company - so this actually means invited by the company like me after purchasing - so it is not hard to imagine that they intersperse some of their own to 'balance' up the reviews, as I cannot for the life of me see how anyone can rate them 5 stars....
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

BT Email.
They have been whining about splitting from Yahoo! for yonks.
Now they have, their email is significantly worse than under Yahoo!

Just one facet - filtering. I had multiple filter set up. The only one that works is the Amazon one. Everything else lands in the inbox and is a bugger to sort and bin the stuff I don't want/need (forum and autoshite mail mainly).
The layout is crap too.
NewcastleFalcon

Just reassuring myself that in my own personal room 101 the phrase "trade Deal (s)" had been deposited after an absolutely awful Newsnight "discussion" (imho of course) on such matters which for some strange reason felt the need to dig up some contributors from over the pond, as if the domestic and european discussion wasn't bad enough.

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 23 Mar 2018, 15:36 The phrase "trade deal (s)"

and in my own blissful ignorance of world economics very probably actual "Trade Deals" themselves.
Let's keep it simple.
I make some stuff and want to sell it to you. You make some stuff and want to sell it to me.

Let's do a trade deal
If you want to sell your stuff to me, I will charge you an extra 30% which you can give to our Government
When I want to sell my stuff to you, you charge me an extra 30% which you can give to your Government
Second thoughts...No let's not bother with a trade deal we'll put it into Room 101.
If you want my stuff just buy it, and if I want your stuff I'll just buy it.
REgards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

I know there are folk on here who are computer wizards, and one of the longest threads on here used to be one on Computer operating systems. Me I know a bit but not much and I class myself as a user, I dont really want to know the ins and outs of how to make a computer work.

So into my personal 101 goes software updates, and specifically Windows Update. I dont want to have to google an error number and go through several threads which never come up with a satisfactory answer just to try to get the update over the hurdle of actually updating rather than failing. Much time wasted. Yes I'm sure the answer is dont touch windows with a bargepole from those in the know, but the ordinary mortal tends to just go with the flow (or not as the case may be). I'm sure these things are clever enough to investigate for errors and clear them up without me having to click press and type some combination of code words to wrestle the update into working.

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

With you 100% there Neil, most times when a Windows update happens, Microsoft try to make me use Edge by removing Oracle from my taskbar, presumably in the hope that I might just use Edge and Bing rather than take on the reinstatement of my chosen software. Well if anyone from Microsoft reads this take note, every time it happens it just increases my determination to use Windows the way I want to, not the way you want me to to allow you to infiltrate my system anymore than is necessary and long will that last!! :grr: :grr: :grr: