How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak »

And make sure you have no active internet connection on your laptop (disconnect the wifi connection, but do not switch off or disable the wifi adapter by switching it off at the switch as Diagbox relies on the hardware being active. Also make sure you are using Manual Configuration!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
D0Z3R2K4
My Cars: Citroen DS4 2.0 Sport

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
14.JPG
15.JPG
16.JPG
17.JPG
18.JPG
19.JPG
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, let's try something simple (!) find the "Selection of the marque logo for the welcome page" and see if you can change this to Citroen.

Marc
D0Z3R2K4

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

the same failure - also tried it the way it said too
11.JPG
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I'm sending a PM too....

Marc
D0Z3R2K4

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

in the process of your request - im quite far from the house so the connections not great but we do have one
D0Z3R2K4

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

in box Marc
stagwood
My Cars: Citroen DS5

Post by stagwood »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 14:01 Because you supplied me with the software version and that is for an RT6 unit Andy. I didn't need your VIN to check because of this, and also the other difference between the MyWay and eMyWay (RT6) is the the RT6 units do not have an SD card slot on the front of the unit. I know you have a DS5 and that wasn't fitted with the MyWay.
Just wanted to say a massive thanks for this. I know it was some time ago that you were helping me with this, but i have just got round to replacing the SD card, and loading the firmware, using the dealer CD.

I have now run into the issue of the calibration being off, and wondered whether you consider it worth me buying the diagbox equipment.

I have read through the rest of this post, and believe i would be able to carry out the task myself, if guided by you.

Thanks again for all your help, and the guides on this forum for all required procedures
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

When you say calibration do you mean you now have a significant echo when speaking on your phone using the car's Bluetooth? If so, then that is something that can be fixed by getting the dealer to download a calibration file from the PSA servers. It can also be fixed by using a program called Mirascripts but this isn't supported here.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

stagwood wrote: 18 Jul 2020, 16:35
GiveMeABreak wrote: 03 Jan 2020, 14:01 Because you supplied me with the software version and that is for an RT6 unit Andy. I didn't need your VIN to check because of this, and also the other difference between the MyWay and eMyWay (RT6) is the the RT6 units do not have an SD card slot on the front of the unit. I know you have a DS5 and that wasn't fitted with the MyWay.
Just wanted to say a massive thanks for this. I know it was some time ago that you were helping me with this, but i have just got round to replacing the SD card, and loading the firmware, using the dealer CD.

I have now run into the issue of the calibration being off, and wondered whether you consider it worth me buying the diagbox equipment.

I have read through the rest of this post, and believe i would be able to carry out the task myself, if guided by you.

Thanks again for all your help, and the guides on this forum for all required procedures
Hi Andy - that was a while ago and I had to scan back through the posts! :-D

Now, here's the thing... If it is the Bluetooth calibration that is off, then Diagbox won't be able to fix it - it needs a dealer file downloading and applying.

If it's the issue where the settings have have gone back to defaults and you have lost parking sensor info and options are missing, then Diagbox probably won't be able to fix this as generally the RT6 ECU goes into a locked down mode that needs the dealer to download and restore the settings from their servers. So I wouldn't want to encourage you to invest in a Lexia (although they are very useful for diagnostics) just for this purpose, as others have testified that they are unable to change the parameters.

It may be worth biting the bullet on this occasion and asking the dealer to book you in to download the bluetooth calibration file for your RT6 and also to configure the RT6 from their servers using your VIN so it has all the correct options on. Just tell them you have updated the firmware and it has gone back to defaults.

A diagnostic is about £60 - so have a chat with them before hand to make sure they are competent enough to do it (some have more experience of this sort of thing than others).

Marc
D0Z3R2K4

Post by D0Z3R2K4 »

Following.... 😁
bobini
My Cars: Citroen C4 B7 2.0 HDI Exclusive

Post by bobini »

Hello
I need a little help, assistance with my navigation RT6, car Citroen C4 2.0Hdi Exclusive. I read your topic of changing the SD card. I will tell you a whole situation with my navigation. I wanted to update the navigation maps with the latest ones. I downloaded them, uploaded them to USB, the navigation recognized them and It started to update it by regions. But I noticed that when the update was complete, the new map was not saved. I tried several times and nothing. I reviewed several topics on the forums for dead navigations, memory problem and decided that this is exactly the problem, the internal SD card is broken and does not record. But I decided to upgrade to the latest 2.86 software first. And the navigation only shows black screen, I tried via USB and CD. I knew it could happen. I had also ordered an original software disc in advance. I decided to change the SD card, but that didn't help either. The software starts to be updated, everything is saved to the end, the navigation restarted and black screen again, regardless of whether it is via USB or CD. I tried two brand new SD cards, straight from the store. Navigation makes its partitions, saves software and nothing. So I decided that obviously the problem is bigger and maybe the navigation itself can't make a good copy and that's why the black screens. I have a friend with C4, I decided to do some tests with his navigation. I took his SD card to see if my navigation would work, it didn't work. I put his navigation on my car and a new SD card, the software recorded everything without a problem and starts. But when I move it on my navigation doesn't work. As well as when I returned his SD card and his navigation does not start. Apparently some information is being recorded on the card and when you change the SD cards, from navigation to navigation, it no longer recognizes it. So, I fixed my friend's navigation, with new software with a USB without problem, but now his buttons are mixed. Can you help me set it up? I have Diagbox and with a little help from you I think I can handle it. I managed to configure his VIN number so that the car would recognize it, but I don't how to config the bottons. If you can send me a picture, or what exactly to change, the path, it will be great. Here is the VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]. Regarding my navigation, I don't think I have anything else to try, I think there is something wrong with the recording of the navigation, I don't know what else to do, what I haven't tried. I found a second hand, I'm waiting for a day or two to be delivered, only it's from Peugeot and I'll have to configure it in the same way with Diagbox. I have a backup of usercom files with mirascript, as far as I understand they will also be able to restore my settings, I need to replace 6 files: User_4, User_com, User_config. If this is possible, is great, but if you can just in case help me and send me the settings of my car VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]. А little long message, but I hope you understand me. If you can help me, if I can restore my old navigation it will be great.
Thanks.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There is no configuration for the 'Buttons', only the options fitted to the vehicle (parking assistance, Amplifier, Matrix Display etc., ) so I can't help you with that. It is a well known issue that 2.86 is a major firmware update. Major firmware updates like this tend to reset the settings to defaults and generally require a dealer connection to PSA servers to unlock and configure. I appreciate you have Mira scripts to try and resolve this, but I can't help you with that - but I can tell you there is no configuration in Diagbox for RT6 configuration specifically for buttons.

Marc
bobini
My Cars: Citroen C4 B7 2.0 HDI Exclusive

Post by bobini »

Thanks anyway. The problem is that where I am from, there is no Citroen service. There is a Peugeot, and from there said even the systems are the same, only Citroen can configure it. I will try with Mirascript, I hope it works. Is there some chance to fix the old navigation, is there anything else I can try, to have missed.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you have tries the SD card replacement and it is a compatible card (make sure it is the same specification), then it may be one or more internal chip (s) that have failed.

There are some repairers that may be able to repair for you (see link here for some repairers we know). The one in Spain (Autotronics) has been used by members here and they have had good results.

viewtopic.php?t=60781

Marc