DS5 map upgrade

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Bryar1968
My Cars: Citroen ds5

DS5 map upgrade

Post by Bryar1968 »

I have a Citroen ds5. I have purchased a map upgrade for the emyway navigation.
When i try to upgrade the map upgrade button isnt highlighted thus not allowing me to upgrade. I can scroll the maps and i hve a vin code button highlighted but not the map upgrade.
Any help appreciated
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: DS5 map upgrade

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Where did you get your map update from?

Map updates for the RT6 are protected with Digital Rights Management. If you purchased this from the Citroen Navigation Website (Here Maps), you would of had to submit your VIN to generate an activation code that is injected into the download they supply that you then extract onto the USB drive to install.

Normally the Map update is detected straight away, or you can select the update from the NAV options.

If you have bought a dodgy ripped off update then expect problems.

For the official guide on installing, use this link (https://citroen.navigation.com/product/ ... enEMEA/GBP) and look for the download guide PDF I have arrowed in Red:
RT6 Nav.PNG
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Bryar1968
My Cars: Citroen ds5

Post by Bryar1968 »

I had to supply my VIN when purchased.
Seems something is amiss as it neither finds usb data or allows update through system.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Where did you purchase the update from? As Marc says, if you bought it from PSA then you would receive an update that is linked (in fact locked) to your vehicle. If this is the case then possibly you supplied the wrong VIN or map code to PSA.

I don't know for sure how the files are delivered for a legitimate download but I'm guessing it'll be a ZIP file. The ZIP file needs to be unpacked and the contents copied to an empty pen drive. If you simply copied the ZIP over then this is incorrect.

An 8GB or 16GB drive is sufficient. There have been problems reported with using larger drives. Also, use a reputable make. Cheap no-names can sometimes cause problems.

Can you do a list of the files on your pen drive?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​