EAT6 realignment

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mara-
My Cars: Peugeot 308 T9

EAT6 realignment

Post by mara- »

Hello,

I have Peugeot 308 T9 BlueHDI with EAT6. Since I bought the car, shifting to 3rd or 4th gear would be randomly a little harsh, you have a feeling like someone pushes you from behind when it does this. Yesterday I was browsing the Diagbox and I discovered two procedures under the Gearbox section:

- partial realignment of programmed values
- full realignment of programmed values

Both procedures shows that they are used when replacing gearbox ecu, gearbox, or both. So, my question, could this do any harm running on the car which didn't have anything replaced and is there a point in running those procedures, could running them help with shifting?

Just to mention, oil was changed in the gearbox, didn't make a difference.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Re: EAT6 realignment

Post by xantia_v6 »

The intermittent nature of your problem is probably because the automatic tuning of transmission parameters is unable to converge on a set of parameters that works well under all conditions. It is possible that the transmission is trying to mask the symptoms of some internal hardware fault. I am not familiar enough t=with this particular transmission to know what that might be.

triggering the realignment procedures is probably not going to do any harm, but there may be some special instructions about how to drive the car to ensure that the procedure completes correctly.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Not sure what a EAT6 gearbox but if its a controlled manual gearbox like EGS or sensodrive then make sure you have another running car connected to the battery with jump leads while carrying out any re initialisation procedures, they can be quite hard on the battery & if the voltage drops too low the procedure will fail.
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

The EAT6 is an upgraded, more efficient version of the AM6, so is a "conventional" torque converter hydraulic transmission.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Ok ignore what i said about connecting another car with jump leads then.
mara-
My Cars: Peugeot 308 T9

Post by mara- »

@xantia_v6

Thanks

It would be very useful if anyone had the access to the Diagbox documentation and provide the information about those two procedures.
Lubo83
My Cars: Peugeot 308 GT 2.O diesel 181hp

Post by Lubo83 »

hello I'm new to the group,,:) I have the same problem with my 308 t9 GT 2.0 181hp there is a slight pulling or swelling between 3 speed and 4. I went to the dealer and he said there were no error codes but I replaced the box with another one and the same problem.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Torque steer will happen because it is Front Wheel Drive and the driveshafts are unequal lengths, despite measures to reduce this effect. It mostly happens in more highly torque-producing vehicles like diesels, but shouldn't be noticed under 'normal' driving conditions.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
kalwap
My Cars: pgt 3008 GT 2.0 180PS

Post by kalwap »

hey guys! i have same issue after top gasket replacement and propably injectors damage right after caused by mechanics propably - the thing is - after gasket replacement that goes fine - car was not driving properly(weak power/torque) and gear shifting were totally harsh - after I replaced injectors in Peugeot I foxed the problem with power/torque but gear shifting are not going soft - its like manual from time to time have this feeling.. - I have tried other car with same gear/engine and its shifting perefctly - i belive there is some issue in between gearbox and engine aliggnment... how to fix it?

I have tried realignmenet thru diagbox (there is some procedure there) but it didnt happend. I cant belive that gearbox suddently got damaged or anything like that..

Please give me some clue guys <3
drayton11
Donor 2023
My Cars: Peugeot 308 GT 180

Post by drayton11 »

kalwap wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 09:23 hey guys! i have same issue after top gasket replacement and propably injectors damage right after caused by mechanics propably - the thing is - after gasket replacement that goes fine - car was not driving properly(weak power/torque) and gear shifting were totally harsh - after I replaced injectors in Peugeot I foxed the problem with power/torque but gear shifting are not going soft - its like manual from time to time have this feeling.. - I have tried other car with same gear/engine and its shifting perefctly - i belive there is some issue in between gearbox and engine aliggnment... how to fix it?

I have tried realignmenet thru diagbox (there is some procedure there) but it didnt happend. I cant belive that gearbox suddently got damaged or anything like that..

First thing I would try is get the car hot & drop the fluid in the EAT6 box, you should get around 3L out, but the box holds 7. Other manufacturers specify changes around 60K, but Pug say it's sealed for life, dirty/low fluid will give harsh shifts, once you have changed it a few times tell the car via Diagbox it has new fluid, there are procedures on how to do it on this site, AM6 oil change I think. Make sure you get the correct fluid for your box & use a premium brand.
JADED
New User
My Cars: Peugeot 3008
Y2022, 1,6 petrol turbo
6-speed EAT6 automatic

Post by JADED »

drayton11 wrote: 21 Mar 2023, 11:06
kalwap wrote: 20 Mar 2023, 09:23 hey guys! i have same issue after top gasket replacement and propably injectors damage right after caused by mechanics propably - the thing is - after gasket replacement that goes fine - car was not driving properly(weak power/torque) and gear shifting were totally harsh - after I replaced injectors in Peugeot I foxed the problem with power/torque but gear shifting are not going soft - its like manual from time to time have this feeling.. - I have tried other car with same gear/engine and its shifting perefctly - i belive there is some issue in between gearbox and engine aliggnment... how to fix it?

First thing I would try is get the car hot & drop the fluid in the EAT6 box, you should get around 3L out, but the box holds 7. Other manufacturers specify changes around 60K, but Pug say it's sealed for life, dirty/low fluid will give harsh shifts, once you have changed it a few times tell the car via Diagbox it has new fluid, there are procedures on how to do it on this site, AM6 oil change I think. Make sure you get the correct fluid for your box & use a premium brand.
What about a brand new car experiencing the same problem - kicks and jolts on upshifts or downshifts? I have less the 1 mile on odometer.