3008 1.6 hdi injector question Guys

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

koikidder
My Cars: 3008 1.6hdi

3008 1.6 hdi injector question Guys

Post by koikidder »

Hi Guys thanks for letting me join the forum i stumbled across this when trying to get some information on my 3008

I have a 2011 3008 1.6 hdi which recently has been causing me problems going into limp mode i do have an ebay scan tool box its the WOW version i think its the same a the delphi one anyway i plugged it in and it come up with injector cylinder 3 and a load of abs codes which i think only got activated because the car went into limp mode because of the injector so what i have done is removed injector from cylinder 3 and swapped with cylinder 2 just to see if the fault code jumps to number 2 and yes it did so now im looking for a cheap injector to replace injector 3 now whilst i had the scan tool connected i had a look to see if a can re code the injector when i get it but this was not supported on the scan tool i have so im unsure whether or not these injectors need to be coded or you can just install them and job done?

do any of you guys no if these are indeed coded or it does not matter.

Cheers Gary
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 3008 1.6 hdi injector question Guys

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I suspect they 99% do need coding, but pop your VIN up and I'll check for sure.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
koikidder

Post by koikidder »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 31 May 2020, 13:57 I suspect they 99% do need coding, but pop your VIN up and I'll check for sure.
Hi Marc thanks for having a look for me i think the one you are after is the one in the windscreen its VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] i have attached a pic of the windscreen number the one in the door also the injector itself.

Yeah that wow software does not appear to let me do it
101573022_279762429819099_6730631597315325952_n.jpg
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 31 May 2020, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Other pics for Security
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, these need coding and just for reference, it's the 6 characters on these that are the code - in the example above: AEGJJH.

Most diagnostic readers are just readers and may be able to clear the fault codes, but can't perform much more than that. Ideally, you'll need a Lexia kit with Diagbox to do this.

Marc
koikidder

Post by koikidder »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 31 May 2020, 16:25 Yes, these need coding and just for reference, it's the 6 characters on these that are the code - in the example above: AEGJJH.

Most diagnostic readers are just readers and may be able to clear the fault codes, but can't perform much more than that. Ideally, you'll need a Lexia kit with Diagbox to do this.
thanks my mate has delphi and he says it should do it but i have been looking online to see how much one is and i have found Autel MaxiCOM MK808BT OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool on amazon up for £499 but with various vouchers i can get it for £404.00 that appears to do injectors not 100% sure if it will do these injectors but i will try and get some info on a lexia kit, thanks for taking the time to get me the info needed.

Just need to source an injector now i can get one from ebay of a car with 44000 miles for £70.00 but was going to ring around a few local places in morning hopefully somewhere will be open and have one.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's a lot of money to be honest - but if you are intending to keep Peugeot, Citroen or DS vehicles then a Lexia kit will do just about everything that the dealer can.

Easydiagnostics are used by many members on this Forum including myself, and if you do take the plunge, there is a discount for members available. We are not affiliated, but details are here:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60112

Marc
koikidder

Post by koikidder »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 31 May 2020, 17:03 That's a lot of money to be honest - but if you are intending to keep Peugeot, Citroen or DS vehicles then a Lexia kit will do just about everything that the dealer can.

Easydiagnostics are used by many members on this Forum including myself, and if you do take the plunge, there is a discount for members available. We are not affiliated, but details are here:

I am hopefully going to get another mondeo thats the car i had previous to this 3008 but the dpf block knackered the turbo and caused the car to do the run on it own oil and basically killing the engine so i sold that as spares and got this as it was fairly cheap 2011 100,000 miles £1500 its in ok condition but i was in a pickle so i had to buy it i needed a car that was around 6 months ago but with whats going on and dont think there has been as many cars up for sale so i have been stuck with it so i would really need a scan tool what would do a variety of cars that WOW i have been using read fault codes and did a dpf regen on my mondeo fine it just does not appear to recode injectors.

If my freinds delphi does not do it its a case of getting them coded at garage or buying a scan tool with that feature i have been looking at the Autel MK808BT scan tool and it appears to do injectors dpf key coding and a host of other stuff and like i say with the discount code its currently £404.00 with 1yrs worth of updates i may be able to buy a cheaper one but would it recode injectors im unsure ill keep searching though
koikidder

Post by koikidder »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 31 May 2020, 17:03 That's a lot of money to be honest - but if you are intending to keep Peugeot, Citroen or DS vehicles then a Lexia kit will do just about everything that the dealer can.

hi i have changed my injector and it appears to be ok i just have to get it coded do you know if the 3008 1.6 hdi can have the dpf put into force dpf regeneration mode i am looking at a scan tool but it does not allow you to put the car into force dpf regen mode so im unsure whether you can do that or not would you know?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Forced regeneration is available on systems with assisted regeneration - so yes, but is not really recommended unless really necessary, due to the toll it puts on engine components (lack of natural air cooling when vehicle is moving and the heat generated). It is activated using a suitable diagnostic tool, like an Actia clone with Diagbox for your vehicle.

Marc
koikidder

Post by koikidder »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 03 Jun 2020, 11:19 Forced regeneration is available on systems with assisted regeneration - so yes, but is not really recommended unless really necessary, due to the toll it puts on engine components (lack of natural air cooling when vehicle is moving and the heat generated). It is activated using a suitable diagnostic tool, like an Actia clone with Diagbox for your vehicle.
Hi my neighbour brung his delphi home from work and that would not code the injector so i have ended up buying a scan tool autel maxicom 808bt i message to make sure it does my car and they confirmed it did but not the dpf regen i not that bothered about the regen it would of just been good to know i could do it if i need to by any chance do you know the engine code for my car of the vin? as i have just been looking at the tightening specs for the sump plug and my wow software states 25nm and my haynes pro software (copy) says 30 + 3.0 (nm)

Would be interested to know?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Incidentally, your vehicle is showing up as in need of a recall! I suggest you check with the dealer and provide them with your VIN as it is flashing up on the database as not having been done. It doesn't state what is involved, but I suggest you do contact them. Any recalls are done free of charge.

As for tightening - none of those are correct.

The Engine Oil Sump plug on your DV6C engine is 3.4 daNm

Marc
koikidder

Post by koikidder »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 14:50 Incidentally, your vehicle is showing up as in need of a recall! I suggest you check with the dealer and provide them with your VIN as it is flashing up on the database as not having been done. It doesn't state what is involved, but I suggest you do contact them. Any recalls are done free of charge.

As for tightening - none of those are correct.

The Engine Oil Sump plug on your DV6C engine is 3.4 daNm
thanks i will get in touch with them and see what they say
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No worries. Sometimes after a car has changed hands a few times, the dealers loose track of the owners so if the vehicle is not being serviced at a main dealer, then the owner won't be aware of a recall. I've checked on the safety recall sites and it isn't listed - so I can only assume it's not a major problem - but an aftersales issue one that PSA have decided to put out.

Marc
koikidder

Post by koikidder »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 04 Jun 2020, 15:03 No worries. Sometimes after a car has changed hands a few times, the dealers loose track of the owners so if the vehicle is not being serviced at a main dealer, then the owner won't be aware of a recall. I've checked on the safety recall sites and it isn't listed - so I can only assume it's not a major problem - but an aftersales issue one that PSA have decided to put out.
WOW Thanks for the heads up i have just got the cam belt and tensioner replaced for free apparently its a recall and should of been done at 75,000 because they have been failing he said you jave just got yourself a £500-£600 job for free :shock:

im over the moon with that thanks alot
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow