Dispatch 2005 wiring colours help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

JohnDragonMan
My Cars: Citroen Dispatch (2005)
Fiat Panda 4x4 Sisley (1991)
XUD/HDI engines

Dispatch 2005 wiring colours help

Post by JohnDragonMan »

Greetings all!
my first post on here, usually you can find me running around on FiatForum.
i have recently (in the last few months) bought a Dispatch and i wish to fit an after market alarm. before i break out the camp on amp meter and start turning things on and off, does anyone know the wiring colours for the indicators, ignition lives, constant lives, and door pin/sensor switch?
would anyone happen to have a wiring diagram? i can provide VIN if needed (i sadly do not have the nice Citroen software that tells you everything from vin lookup)

also, i have found quite a few spare plugs, i have been told that these are where the optional cruse control bits plug into.
does anyone have any info on that? it looks to require a second brake pedal switch from what i can tell. i guess the other 2 connectors (a brown one under the steering wheel and a yellow one behind the black bit of trim above the headlight height adjuster) are where the cruse control stalk plugs in, and maybe a on/off button goes maybe for ESP on more higher spec models?

i was even considering swapping out the cabin heater unit for one that has air con, then getting the compressor, pipework and climate controls from a Fiat Ulysse or an 806.
be interesting, i do like electrical modification. when i see a taped up plug i like to find out what they do for possible upgrades. :mrgreen:

Thanks!
- JohnDragonMan
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Dispatch 2005 wiring colours help

Post by wheeler »

Citroen/Peugeot use wire codes not colours. So not a simple as just saying the blue wire at the indicator switch. You would need several different diagrams to cover all this.
Its been many years since i fitted an alarm to a mk2 dispatch but if I remember right you can pick up pretty much everything you need at the CPH unit including central locking control if required.
Cant remember on this model if the CPH is behind the glovebox or next to the steering column on this model.
Easiest way here is just get a test lamp & start probing.
This model has no multiplexing to worry about.
JohnDragonMan
XUD/HDI engines

Post by JohnDragonMan »

Is the CPH like a body control module?
I also have another van, an iveco daily that uses codes not colours.

I have attached some photos of the plugs and maybe this CPH of which you speak of, though the yellow connector tells me it has more to do with the SRS/Airbag system?

Hmm I guess I'll break out the clamp meter and check what wire starts drawing amps when I turn things on.

I will post up all of my findings. And report back what wire colour and code connects to what.

At least they use green and yellow for the earth.

Thanks for the reply :mrgreen:
Attachments
20200508_202413.jpg
20200508_202330.jpg
20200508_201307.jpg
- JohnDragonMan
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Yes the CPH is like a basic body control module and that is it in the bottom picture.
You should be able to pick up battery live, ignition live, indicators, door switches & central locking here
JohnDragonMan wrote: 09 May 2020, 11:52 At least they use green and yellow for earth
Not always so dont get caught out.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Be warned that PSA DON'T follow recognised wiring conventions! On my Peugeot Partner (from a previous employer) the battery wires were red for neutral and black for live! I am NOT joking on this.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
JohnDragonMan
XUD/HDI engines

Post by JohnDragonMan »

ok it looks like i cant get to much of the wiring behind/under the steering column. i am unsure what that module does as no matter what i turn on, none of the pins seem to get any power going to them, i guess its part of the canbus system.
when i pull the wiper stalk in and let the wash then wipe timer kick off i can hear a relay click sounds liken behind the glove box so that will be my next part of attack. its nice as i can clean all behind everywhere. being an ex gardeners van its pretty dusty behind the plastics and i want it clean, especially if i am converting it into a micro camper.

when i eventually get to that side, i will report back!
- JohnDragonMan
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Theres no CAN bus on this year of van. The dispatch wasnt multiplexed in untill the 2007 mk3 model. I’ll try getting a look at a wiring diagram later. Need the RP number found on the bottom of the tyre pressure label and what engine you have.
JohnDragonMan
XUD/HDI engines

Post by JohnDragonMan »

oh thats good.. that means the steering wheel controls will be resistive :D
- JohnDragonMan
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Cant confirm exactly as I don't have your RP number
on the 15 way Black connector:-

Pin 5 = Igniton live (confirm this doesn't drop out on crank if using for an alarm)
Pins 1 or 4 = battery live
Pins 8 & 14 = central locking pulses
Pins 2 & 10 Indicators

On the 26 way Yellow connector:-

Pin 1 = Right door open switch
Pin 3 = Left door open switch
JohnDragonMan
XUD/HDI engines

Post by JohnDragonMan »

that is beautiful information.

attached is a picture of my tyre pressure sticker.
i am unsure which variant of the DW10 engine i have. pretty sure its inter cooled if that helps.

Thank you for the help!
Attachments
20200510_151251.jpg
- JohnDragonMan
JohnDragonMan
XUD/HDI engines

Post by JohnDragonMan »

wheeler wrote: 10 May 2020, 18:33 Cant confirm exactly as I don't have your RP number
on the 15 way Black connector:-

Pin 5 = Igniton live (confirm this doesn't drop out on crank if using for an alarm)
Pins 1 or 4 = battery live
Pins 8 & 14 = central locking pulses
Pins 2 & 10 Indicators

On the 26 way Yellow connector:-

Pin 1 = Right door open switch
Pin 3 = Left door open switch
do you happen to have the full pinouts for the CPH?
- JohnDragonMan
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The Citroen diagrams dont quite work like that, you look them up by the function, the CPH is a multifunction unit so it will only show the relevant functions to the system you are looking at so if im looking at the immobiliser circuit it will only show the connections relating to the immobiliser side of things & wont show the interior light outputs for example. Just means the diagrams are more simplified & easier to read.
If there is something specific you are looking for I can try & help. I may try to put together a pinout list if I have some time later.
JohnDragonMan
XUD/HDI engines

Post by JohnDragonMan »

wheeler wrote: 29 May 2020, 09:09 The Citroen diagrams dont quite work like that, you look them up by the function, the CPH is a multifunction unit so it will only show the relevant functions to the system you are looking at so if im looking at the immobiliser circuit it will only show the connections relating to the immobiliser side of things & wont show the interior light outputs for example. Just means the diagrams are more simplified & easier to read.
If there is something specific you are looking for I can try & help. I may try to put together a pinout list if I have some time later.
thanks, it would be very much appreciated. maybe start a modders section for electrical hacking heh
i got my old 306sw and BX doing all kinds of cool stuff like stock auto locking doors using nothing but an ignition live, relay, and a feed from the hand brake switch. he doors locked when you too the hand brake off, and didnt unlock until you turned the ignition off or manually unlocked the doors. (i cant help myself 8-[ :idea: )

hmm i dont think my van has an immobiliser in that unit (my guess is its purely ECU only). with it completely removed (disconnecting the battery first) the engine still starts and runs fine. does not even throw an EML. (was looking at trying to pair a new plip to it via accessing the chips on the PCB.. i have done it with BMW and my old BX home brew but this newer stuff seems more.. deep.)
- JohnDragonMan
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

JohnDragonMan wrote: 29 May 2020, 22:08 hmm i dont think my van has an immobiliser in that unit (my guess is its purely ECU only). with it completely removed (disconnecting the battery first) the engine still starts and runs fine. does not even throw an EML. (was looking at trying to pair a new plip to it via accessing the chips on the PCB..
Can you confirm what engine you have again?
Your van should have a transponder immobiliser. If its started with the CPH unplugged I can only think of 2 possibilities, either the ECU has been reflashed to remove the immobiliser or the ECU was still unlocked when you disconnected it, there is a time delay before the ECU locks & if you interrupt comms with the CPH & ECU (or diesel stop solenoid depending on engine) while it is unlocked it will generally stay unlocked until it gets a locking command again.
It would be interesting to lock the van up, wait at leas 5 mins then disconnect the CPH again with out putting the key anywhere near the ignition lock & see if it still starts.

I'm currently compiling a pin allocation for the CPH just now & the transponder aerial is wired directly to the yellow connector.
JohnDragonMan
XUD/HDI engines

Post by JohnDragonMan »

ohh interesting. i was not aware that it was on a time delay. i would have thought that it would have locked down (so to speak) when all power was disconnected (taking off the battery connector)
i have the DW10 HDI with intercooler (which i have found has a bit of oil on it so must be leaking.. sigh)

hmm if i was able to break in to the connection between the CPH and ECU i may be able to capture the "unlock/lock" signal the CPH sends the ecu to lift the built in immobiliser. i cant see that being encrypted like the transponder chip. i have actually managed to do it before on the Fiat magneti marelli "IWA" ECU my old fiat panda had by just capturing the original command on my oscilloscope (as it can record and play back short fragments of data), then just playing it back while i turned the ignition key to the 1st position. i only did it for fun! on my old BX i programmed a universal TV remote with the code the plip gave out to unlock the car. it was rather amusing to see people at car shows see my car being unlocked with a TV remote.

one thing i would like to get into is self remaping of the ECU. i not really much of a speed nut but it would be really nice to be able to save different maps for whatever driving i would be doing. say long distance or city driving. again just for fun.. well and science. see what can give me the best Mpgs :D

i do not agree with the "no user serviceable parts inside" message they always put on electrical items. ;)
- JohnDragonMan