Lexia 3 / Diagbox Citroen C4 1.6 HDI

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Markta
My Cars: Citroen C4 1.6 HDI VTR+ 2007

Lexia 3 / Diagbox Citroen C4 1.6 HDI

Post by Markta »

Hi.

I’m new here.

I have Lexia 3 and purchased it two years ago.

Last used it two years ago. Loaded it tonight as wanted to do an ABS bleed on a 2007 Citroen C4 1.6 HDI VTR+. Having last used it a while ago I forgot that you mustn’t load Diagbox with an internet connection. I had several messages asking me to input my login details.

Very reduced functionality now. Will only let me do a global test for injection, BSI and ECU and let me read and refresh codes on ECU. Test by function to start diagnostics, driving aids, road holding ABS etc gets me to searching vehicle configuration and then nothing comes up. The version it is running is 7.57 on 32 bit Windows 7 Professional and by this point the version number top right is greyed out and not coloured green.

Any ideas what might have gone wrong? Has the VCI been bricked? I do still get the blue light on my version C VCI.

Thanks
Markta

Re: Lexia 3 / Diagbox Citroen C4 1.6 HDI

Post by Markta »

So can anyone advise whether an uninstall/ install usually works.

Is this necessary or can the accidental connection to internet be fixed without this? If so, how do I go about it.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

When you did your original installation, did you make a back-up copy of APPDIAG.SYS from C:\AWRoot\bin\fi?

If you did I suggest you copy it back over the original, probably damaged, file in C:\AWRoot\bin\fi.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Markta

Post by Markta »

Paul-R wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 18:00 When you did your original installation, did you make a back-up copy of APPDIAG.SYS from C:\AWRoot\bin\fi?

If you did I suggest you copy it back over the original, probably damaged, file in C:\AWRoot\bin\fi.
Yep, APPDIAG.SYS has a back up copy on my desktop from C:\AWRoot\bin\fi

When you say copy it over, do you mean right click APPDIAG.SYS and copy then paste it on to C:\AWRoot\bin\fi?

Many thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Anytime you are asked for a password and login - usually on performing a certain function, if you decline it will deactivate.

Just Exit the application, restart the laptop then copy the backup you made of the file ^ above ^ (assuming you made a backup when you first installed it). If you didn't make a copy of this file, then I'm afraid it's a total uninstall, registry and file clean up and reinstall again. The licence file is unique to each installation so no good asking for one from elsewhere (just in case you were contemplating any alternatives).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Markta

Post by Markta »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 20:13 Anytime you are asked for a password and login - usually on performing a certain function, if you decline it will deactivate.

Just Exit the application, restart the laptop then copy the backup you made of the file ^ above ^ (assuming you made a backup when you first installed it). If you didn't make a copy of this file, then I'm afraid it's a total uninstall, registry and file clean up and reinstall again. The licence file is unique to each installation so no good asking for one from elsewhere (just in case you were contemplating any alternatives).
Thanks Marc, I definately did back that file up at time of installation, so I have the following:-
Capture.JPG
The back up file is saved to my desktop so OK to send a copy of that to the folder AWRoot?

Cheers!
Markta

Post by Markta »

Right, so I deleted the original APPDIAG.SYS file from the folder above, then copied the desktop backup version and pasted it into the folder to replace the deleted one.

Assume this should now work?

Will have a go tomorrow and ensure that I am offline (internet).

In the meantime, if this isn't correct, please let me know.

Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, that should be it. Make sure your wireless network adapter card is switched ON, but make sure you disconnect from any of your WiFi Router's network connections. Disconnect and make sure that 'Automatically Connect' is switched off so id doesn't automatically log you onto your WiFi network again. The WiFi adaptor card itself needs to be on as the MAC code of the adaptor is used as part of the encrypted licence code.

Marc
Markta

Post by Markta »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 12 Apr 2020, 21:49 Yes, that should be it. Make sure your wireless network adapter card is switched ON, but make sure you disconnect from any of your WiFi Router's network connections. Disconnect and make sure that 'Automatically Connect' is switched off so id doesn't automatically log you onto your WiFi network again. The WiFi adaptor card itself needs to be on as the MAC code of the adaptor is used as part of the encrypted licence code.
No go, getting to this when entering VIN before I can get to diagnostics on 'test by function'...

Does this mean a complete reinstall?

Thanks
Attachments
Capture Validation.JPG
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That looks like a communication problem - it should be detecting the VIN automatically. If it's not, then it's not communicating. Check your interface - is the green light on the VCI lit all the time?

Marc
Markta

Post by Markta »

Yep, recognising the VIN and asking if that is correct. Then gives me the choice between Diagbox and Lexia 3, chose the latter, then Lexia. Entered the RPO then green tick. Then long menu, chose Diagnosis, then Test by Function, then switch off ignition then on again, then driving aids, then road holding (ABS....). Then says please wait, search for vehicle configuration.

At that point, you get a green bar loading up then types of system to be diagnosed. At that point, you’re meant to get BSI, Instrument panel, injection and ABS. I get none loading up....

The green VCI light is on at all times...I’m beginning to think the option to bleed the ABS doesn’t exist on my software. I did check some other test by function including airbag ECU and it picked up the airbag ECU...

I did have the battery off a few days ago for a charge and recon...
Markta

Post by Markta »

So I’m wondering whether the car has to be off economy mode (on instrument panel) for it to work by ‘test by function’ and can the ABS bleed be done through the global test where it picks up all the ECUs and you can then select the ABS ECU from there? Also, when on the ‘test by function’, when Lexia is searching vehicle configuration, can this take more than five minutes for the ECUs on a diesel engine to appear ie. instrument panel, injection, BSI and ABS?

Thanks in advance!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Are you actually getting a choice? This is unusual - as Diagbox will normally load up automatically for the appropriate car without a choice. The only choices it usually gives you is for earlier cars where you can select Lexia or 'Scantool' which is the basic OBD reader.

It should not take anywhere 5 minutes to read the ECUs on a C4 - so it is obviously having some trouble communicating somewhere along the line. Economy Mode shouldn't affect the testing - but to rule this out, start the engine and run the diagnostics again with the engine running.

If in fact you are given a choice of Diagbox - try selecting that instead.

Marc
moizeau
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 91 BX TZD Estate. Dead but loved
407 HDI 136 auto
C4 2l petrol coupé
2010 Dispatch III HDI 90
AND a 1980 Z1000ST
AND a 1983 GPz1100 inj
AND a 1995 Zephyr 1100
AND a 1980 Z650 (my moped)

Post by moizeau »

I get the choice of Diagbox or Lexia 3 on my 2010 Citroen van. I have only chosen Lexia once, normally I use Diagbox because Lexia can sometimes freeze.
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone
Markta

Post by Markta »

moizeau wrote: 13 Apr 2020, 17:40 I get the choice of Diagbox or Lexia 3 on my 2010 Citroen van. I have only chosen Lexia once, normally I use Diagbox because Lexia can sometimes freeze.
Thanks Pete, can you bleed the ABS on a Citroen using Diagbox? If so, what menus do you need to select?