Faulty anti pollution

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RPWC
My Cars: Former Citroen owner.

Faulty anti pollution

Post by RPWC »

E M L came on this morning with that message on display.What does it mean as my Dispatch 1.6 doesn't have dpf. Also I switched off and restarted engine while moving to see if it would clear, then airbag light came on? Disconnected battery for 15 mins when I got to work and lights have gone off ??? I am due to change the oil and filters.
Cheers Rich :wink:
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Faulty anti pollution

Post by GiveMeABreak »

We'll really need a code Rich - it could still be EGR, Catalytic Converter, or Canister Depollution Absorber electrovalve etc.,
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
RPWC

Post by RPWC »

Done it again this morning, started it and let it run to defrost, fine switched off went out 20 mins later started up and aame thing. I don't have a code reader so cant tel you any fault codes. Have ordered new fuel filter as it seems to have a bit of a flat spot when dirst taking up drive. Did this once before after running realky low on fuel, RAC said change fuel filtet, I did and that sorted the fault after he cleared the code.
RPWC

Post by RPWC »

Service done this morning, tw@ wouldn't start afterwards the filter wouldn't prime. Breakdown called van had to be lifted off drive on to road to get fuel through. Then it was p15ting out the back of the filter. Turns out the new filter didnt have rubber o ring. Luckily I had a set to choose from . EML on again. Listed fuel pressure issue, something to do with egr and one other. Faults cleared drove 10 miles to work and light came on again. This thing is getting scrapped as its nothing but sh#*#:
Ive had my fill now, it has to go before it kills me.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Rich, Have you bled the system? This is a requirement when replacing the fuel filter - if it is not done you are going to have problems - it's not just a matter of swapping parts over.

2 People are necessary to bleed it.... one to prime the pump and one to action the starter motor.

You'll need tools like these:

Rich Union.PNG
Rich Plugs.PNG
Union Tool [5]Plug Kit [6]
Rich Fiel Filter.PNG
Couple up the female union (Ø 10 mm) of the tool [5] in place of the union (6) (at "e").
Close the union (6) using tool [6].
Clean the union of the fuel return pipes (11).
Uncouple the union of the fuel return pipes (11).
Couple the unions (Ø 8 mm) of the tool [5] to the unions of the fuel return pipes (11).
Operate the manual priming pump 120 for (10) seconds to prime the fuel circuit.

Remove:
  • The tool [5]
  • The tool [6] from the union (6)
Couple the union (6).
Couple up the union of the fuel return pipes (11).
Operate the manual priming pump (10) several times to prime the fuel circuit.
Action the starter and the manual priming pump until the engine starts.
Allow the engine to idle for 2 minutes.

Marc
RPWC

Post by RPWC »

I dont have any of that Marc, I tried priming with the hand pump but with the van facing backwards on a downward slope the fuel wasn't being sucked through.The tow truck had to lift it and put on the road where its flat, the mechanic used his own priming tool to suck fuel through. It is definitely running and driving better since the change but it is still going the journey. I can't take any more, it will literally kill me if I don't move it on.
Looking at Renault Trafic or Vauxhall Vivaro instead.
RPWC

Post by RPWC »

Broke down again tonight, started van,it fired, cut out and wouldn't re start. After several attempts at cranking it eventually fired up.In the nicest possible way, I should imagine I will be bidding you all a fond farewell by the end of the month. However I may still linger in the Renault forum if I buy a Trafic.
It's either going to be one of those or a Vivaro
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sorry to hear that Rich - no consolation I know, but if it was me and my vehicle, I probably would have given up a long time ago after the initial problems after having tried my best to resolve the issues. I would of bit the bullet and paid the dealer to sort it out, which would of been cheaper in the long run I suspect.

These PSA commercials are joint PSA/ Fiat collaborations:- Citroen Jumpy (called Dispatch in UK) / Peugeot Boxer are the same vehicles - Fiat Ducato / Scudo and their partnership ended in 2016. There was also the Nemo, Bipper and Fiat Fiorino which are also the same vehicle in the smaller commercial van segment. Some of these engines were PSA, some were Fiat and some were Ford - a right mess and I hate all of them with a vengeance as there is so much mixed tech on these it makes troubleshooting far more difficult.

Of course with PSA's acquisition of Opal & Vauxhall Motors, that will bring new commercials into the mix going forward no doubt.

As for Renault, there isn't the same level of technical help in the Renault Forum here I'm afraid - apart from what other members can contribute, but personally speaking, I don't deal with Renault technical issues at all. The only thing I can suggest is do a LOT of research first and read plenty of reviews once you've narrowed it down before purchasing and if going second hand - try and get a decent extended warranty from a decent warranty company - it may save you some grief.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

Marc
RPWC

Post by RPWC »

Thank you Marc, I have been offered 1400 from WBAC for the van, subject to getting the fault code cleared.I have another local dealer to see on Tuesday who offered me 1800 pox on the van last year,so will see if he will still take it off my hands with the em l on if he has a van suitable for me. I can easy get the code cleared, but chances are it will come back after a short trip as it did the other day.I looked at a 17 plate Trafic yesterday with f s h and 66k miles and a year’s manufacturer’s warranty. The other dealer offers standard 3 months which can be extended for £100:. Apparently although the Trafic/Vivaro and Nissan Primastar are all the same, only Renault offer a 4 year warranty, whereas Vauxhall is only 3