my way sat nav

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

derbyshire1970
My Cars: c4 grand picasso exclusive

Re: my way sat nav

Post by derbyshire1970 »

Thanks Marc
Questions then ( you might not be able to answer some)
What sort of cost if a replacement gps module?
If a source a complete unit. Do these units require a code or is it just plug and play?
Will the sat nav with built in telephone system work ?
Would it be better to just go for a straight swop
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

1) The MyWay components including the GPS module are not user serviceable - it would man sending the unit off (via Citroen) for repair. The Clarion Centre UK are authorised repairers, but now will only process orders via the dealer requests. I can't therefore tell you what the repair rates are - but when they were doing customer repairs directly, my old RT3 Magneti Marelli unit would of cost me about £400 to repair for failed tuners and that was 7 years ago. Bearing in mind a new unit today from Citroen is £3,000, so was cost effective to repair if you wanted to maintain the OEM unit functionality.

2) A replacement unit can be sought on eBay and other places - the only issue is that you don't know how long that will last. All the modern units are VIN-coded to the vehicle and must be configured for your specific vehicle. These were used across PSA vehicles, so were fitted to Peugeot too. Each of the specific vehicles have different options fitted and different ways of displaying information (some Peugeots have retractable screens for example), and may display certain info on different screens (dash or main multifunction screen), so the parameters have to be checked on installation. All this can be done with somebody with Diagbox. This will ensure the correct parking assistance options, whether an Amp is fitted or not, the correct country for operation is set, etc, etc.)

3)Not sure what you mean by "Will the sat nav with built in telephone system work"? The MyWay is a telematic system so without it, no navigation, no telephony. If you are referring to the independent telematic unit fitted to your vehicle:- this uses an internal telematic unit for emergency situations (SOS & Citroen buttons) - in the event of an accident it can provide location info and make an emergency call and can be used to contact Citroen Assistance. This needs an independent SIM card installed in the unit - but does not, unlike the NG4 Navidrive 3D system, provide a secondary telephone in addition to a Bluetooth telephone that can be selected for general calls. It is my understanding that this only provides those emergency functions. It cannot be used for navigation - this is done by the main telematic MyWay unit.

4) In many cases, yes, but as I mentioned before, if you source one on the second hand market, you will still need it coded to your vehicle - or it will keep beeping and there will be a loss of functionality, and some of your systems will not display or operate correctly until the functions have been coded. So you will need to contact a member or ask Citroen to code and configure the parameters for you. they will likely charge a labour time fee for this, but it shouldn't take long as they will configure it via their services according to your VIN.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
derbyshire1970
My Cars: c4 grand picasso exclusive

Post by derbyshire1970 »

Thank you.
marciefresh
My Cars: CITROËN C5 (2010) HDI 110 TOURER

Post by marciefresh »

So if I buy a used headunit from Ebay, from a berlingo etc. Can someone from the forum, code the unit to fit my C5 just by the VIN number? and some paypal action?

Best

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

They would first need to check your existing configuration from your current MyWay system (by checking the BSI parameters and printing out all the pages) then removing and replacing the unit, before re-connecting Diagbox and checking all the parameters are as they were, then finally re-coding your VIN into the new unit.

Marc
marciefresh
My Cars: CITROËN C5 (2010) HDI 110 TOURER

Post by marciefresh »

Thanks Marc, Would that be possible online? Would you be able to do so?

Unfortunate i run on a mac computer and are not familiar with the diag tool..

Best

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi, no, this is done using the diagnostic tool connected to the vehicle. A seller may be able to VIN code it for you if they offer this service - you would need to provide them with your VIN of course, and you would have to hope that your functionality is maintained when fitted. It should be, but no guarantee of course.

Diagbox is not MAC compatible in any case. You would need somebody with Diagbox in your locality to offer to do this for you, or pay a dealer diagnostic time to code it and check options for you.

Marc