Rneg2 rt6 firmware update + more

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

mrpedersen38
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: Citroen C5 x7 Exclusive 2012 2.2 HDI 204hp Aut.

Past:
Citroën C5 x7 2010 2.0 HDI 140hp (Sold)

Rneg2 rt6 firmware update + more

Post by mrpedersen38 »

Hello i recently bought a Citroën C5 2012 with a Rneg2 rt6 unit.
(The one WITHOUT SD card slot)
Like this one "Visually like"
https://picclick.co.uk/Citroen-Peugeot- ... 72041.html

It's on firmware: RNEG2.60.G.1
unit reference: 9678506477
SW Version unit: 201206071500
if that helps.
i want to update it to the newest firmware 2.86 something.

how do i do that exactly?

I've read about a zipped folder i can download and unzip onto a fat32 formatted usb drive and plug it into the USB port.
But can i update directly from 2.60.. to the newest, or do i have to take steps?

And what about the newest maps for the Navigation?
Scandinavia mostly and maybe germany.

i have a issue where the bluetooth music streaming is insanely slow. when i press next track etc. it takes like 4-5 seconds for it to actually change.
And it does Not show track info at all.
Spotify on iPhone Xs max.
i figure that updating the firmware is step #1 (also i just want the newer firmware in general.)
(Other than disconnection battery, but that dossent help)

Another question is that, can i ADD the reversing camera to this unit "natively"?
My brother owns a shop with all the computers needed for programming.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Rneg2 rt6 firmware update + more

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome.

Yes you can update the firmware, but be warned: The upgrade to 2.86 or later will require a bluetooth calibration file to be applied (by the dealer normally) as this results in echo feedback on voice calls. As it is also a major firnware update, it may revert some of your system settings to default values, requiring Diagbox to telecode the correct options back again. If you are going to upgrade I have the firnware file if you require for USB updating, but you can also get the CD fromt he dealer for a few Euros, Danish Krona or whatever you are using over there :-D

As for the camera (and I'm assuming you have the Tourer / Estate here) - this was only implemented on later facelift models from Mid 2012 on IIRC. You must have the correct electrical wiring harness in the tailgate to support it as these differ on models and buold dates accordingly. Secondly you must have an RT6 unit that supports the function as not all of them did - only later ones.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

First of all, why do you want to update the firmware? If you're not having a problem with anything then why not leave it be? For one thing, updating to 2.86 on some systems can introduce an echo when talking on the phone using the Bluetooth car facility. This will then need a visit to a dealer so that they can download a "calibration" file from the PSA servers. Updating in steps is reputed to reduce this possibility. You can also make the calibration yourself using Mirascripts if you're really brave!

The latest map updates (2019-2) are available to all from the PSA servers at http://psa.download.navigation.com/auto ... /42050.ZIP BUT you will then need a key to input into the RT6 unit when updating. You can pay for this from various sources (or, indeed, pay PSA in full for the whole download and key) but the key can be calculated using a bit of Java script and your VIN. I can advise on this privately as I suspect this is against forum policy to publicly post details.

Ah, just noticed your problem is with streaming music using Bluetooth. I don't do this (I use a pen drive with MP3s) so can't answer your query on this. I think that displaying track details might be beyond the RT6's capabilities regardless of firmware version but others might know more.

Reversing camera using PSA components I don't know but it might involve a lot of faff and expense even assuming it's possible. it might be easier to use a non-native solution!
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
mrpedersen38

Past:

Post by mrpedersen38 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 11 Dec 2019, 12:10 Hi and welcome.

Yes you can update the firmware, but be warned: The upgrade to 2.86 or later will require a bluetooth calibration file to be applied (by the dealer normally) as this results in echo feedback on voice calls. As it is also a major firnware update, it may revert some of your system settings to default values, requiring Diagbox to telecode the correct options back again. If you are going to upgrade I have the firnware file if you require for USB updating, but you can also get the CD fromt he dealer for a few Euros, Danish Krona or whatever you are using over there :-D

As for the camera (and I'm assuming you have the Tourer / Estate here) - this was only implemented on later facelift models from Mid 2012 on IIRC. You must have the correct electrical wiring harness in the tailgate to support it as these differ on models and buold dates accordingly. Secondly you must have an RT6 unit that supports the function as not all of them did - only later ones.
Hello Marc :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

My brother runs a shop, and he owns a diagbox so i think we can telecode everything again. (might til screenshots of all current settings before upgrading)
i have contacted multiple dealers here in DK and they all say the same thing "we can't" no matter what i tell them.
is the echo calibration the only problem when upgrading?
besides the minor adjustments maybe needed by the diagbox...

does the CD from the dealer do all the calibration and basically just plug'n'play?
Then it might be attractive to get someone to order it for me, since no one here in dk wants to help me get it.

It's a december 2012 Tourer exclusive, and there is a rubber patch in the right side of the motorised tailgate where the camera would be.
VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
It's a RNEG2 RT6 unit in my car. so if i understand correct, i only need a camera module?
it must be a "later one" since it has no SD card slot on the front of the unit.
mrpedersen38

Past:

Post by mrpedersen38 »

Paul-R wrote: 11 Dec 2019, 12:27 First of all, why do you want to update the firmware? If you're not having a problem with anything then why not leave it be? For one thing, updating to 2.86 on some systems can introduce an echo when talking on the phone using the Bluetooth car facility. This will then need a visit to a dealer so that they can download a "calibration" file from the PSA servers. Updating in steps is reputed to reduce this possibility. You can also make the calibration yourself using Mirascripts if you're really brave!

The latest map updates (2019-2) are available to all from the PSA servers at http://psa.download.navigation.com/auto ... /42050.ZIP BUT you will then need a key to input into the RT6 unit when updating. You can pay for this from various sources (or, indeed, pay PSA in full for the whole download and key) but the key can be calculated using a bit of Java script and your VIN. I can advise on this privately as I suspect this is against forum policy to publicly post details.

Ah, just noticed your problem is with streaming music using Bluetooth. I don't do this (I use a pen drive with MP3s) so can't answer your query on this. I think that displaying track details might be beyond the RT6's capabilities regardless of firmware version but others might know more.

Reversing camera using PSA components I don't know but it might involve a lot of faff and expense even assuming it's possible. it might be easier to use a non-native solution!
hello Paul.

I want to update because of general bug fixes and stability improvement.
and besides, being on the latest firmware gives me this "satisfying feeling".
i've encountered multiple "Weird" unexplainable events, and other weird stuff.
i work in IT, so playing around with mirascript sounds fun :)

i like "unofficial" approaches to obtaining the maps, since google maps is "free", so i'm more than up for your advice ;)
the zip is downloaded now :)

i think Marc has a general idea of the reversing camera, i know same year and model has the camera, i also have the rubber patch in the tailgate where the cam would be.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

mrpedersen38 wrote: 11 Dec 2019, 13:51
Hello Marc :)

Thanks for the quick reply!

My brother runs a shop, and he owns a diagbox so i think we can telecode everything again. (might til screenshots of all current settings before upgrading)
i have contacted multiple dealers here in DK and they all say the same thing "we can't" no matter what i tell them.
is the echo calibration the only problem when upgrading?
besides the minor adjustments maybe needed by the diagbox...

does the CD from the dealer do all the calibration and basically just plug'n'play?
Then it might be attractive to get someone to order it for me, since no one here in dk wants to help me get it.

It's a december 2012 Tourer exclusive, and there is a rubber patch in the right side of the motorised tailgate where the camera would be.
VIN: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
It's a RNEG2 RT6 unit in my car. so if i understand correct, i only need a camera module?
it must be a "later one" since it has no SD card slot on the front of the unit.
No, the CD does not apply the calibration file - that is only the official CD with the firmware on. The calibration file is downloaded direct from PSA servers after the firmware is applied - you can't do this part yourself with access so their servers with a dealer account.

Next - I understand perfectly what the RT6 is :-D , and how the eMyWay differs from the Harman Becker MyWay system with SD card. My advice stays the same - the RT6 had different hardware versions - and only the correct version will support a camera.

Next the harness - you will NOT have the correct electrical harness for the year, regardless if the tailgate has a patch or not. These have different part numbers:

Item 2
X7 tailgate.PNG
Your build date is: 13092 (12 September 2012)

Your tailgate harness is part: 6434SX with markings 9686035180 / 9686035280
which is for vehicles with build date 13020 to 13747 (2 July 2012 to 29 June 2014) and without front / rear obstacle detection with camera system.

The harnesses for models with this system are:
9800224080 for models with motorised tailgate and front / rear obstacle detection and camera from build date: 13020 to 13747 (2 July 2012 to 29 June 2014)

9809676380 for models with motorised tailgate and front / rear obstacle detections and camera from build date: 13748 (30 June 2014 onwards)

So you can see they are different harnesses, so will not take a camera connection.

Marc
cathal_hegarty
My Cars: Citroen DS4

Post by cathal_hegarty »

I'm looking for some help.

I have a 2013 Citroen DS4 and looking for a firmware update. The problem I have would be when the car starts at times the system would stay on the Citroen logo and not change until I restart the system. Currently my software is:

Unit Reference: 98066710780
CD Number: 8638
SW Version: RNEG2.75.C.5

Any help would be great
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I would suggest that you may have an internal issue with a chip or corruption of the software.

Although there is a later update - if you are having issues now, I would NOT recommend you apply a newer firmware at this stage, as this is unlikely to resolve it and will actually cause you more problems. The 2.86 update is a major update and will 99% likely reset all your vehicle configuration options requiring a dealer visit to to resolve or some experience in using Mirascripts. However, if you are having access issues now, then that will not help.

I suggest if you have your original system software CD of the same firmware (2.75), that you insert this and allow it to install and to try and re-write the data to the system. Trying a later firmware is not recommended as if you cannot write the original firmware you will have the same or a worse issue using a new one.

Marc