Ebay joker.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Re: Ebay joker.

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Unfortunately Van that's not my experience, the Post Office/Royal Mail are no better, I've had more failed deliveries by them than the other couriers, they're off hand with you if you have a problem and very much more expensive than the likes of Hermes, UPS etc.

I agree that with a hundred years of trading they should be the best but they have a hundred years of monopoly complacency they seem unable to shake off.

My parcel was picked up Monday morning and is on its way. :)
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

I've never tried to send anything other than by post - wouldn't know where to start, even if I felt the need.

For me Royal Mail wins every time because they don't require you to be in, & if it is necessary to collect something, my experience is they are conveniently located AND keep the most absurdly unsocial hours.

Perhaps I've been lucky but the few times something's not arrived I could never be sure the Post was to blame so never experienced their attitude.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
crapday69
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6 eHDi VTR+NAV

Post by crapday69 »

I bought 2 Sonoff wifi light switches from eBay. They came from china. One stopped working after a while, so I contacted the seller who said they would send me a new one. It never arrived so when I went to open a complaint with ebay, it was time lapsed. If you have a problem with an ebay seller, start the complaints procedure ASAP. I then contacted Paypal, they are not much better. I gave them copies of all the messages between me and the ebay seller, but PayPal still told me I would have to send back the item to china. It would cost more to send it back then the item cost, plus if you had to get an electrician it would be even more expensive.
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

Can I also state (as I work for Royal Mail) when you get your Chinese packet through your letterbox, please have a look at the address. The writing is so small and all over the place, the postcode is not always where it should be. In the mail centres, we get thousands of these packets every night and they suck the life right out of you when sorting them.

So please think happy thoughts about us postmen/women every time you buy something from China. Keep buy tho as it keeps me in a job LOL.

BTW Gibbo its over 500 years trading lol
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

van ordinaire wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 21:35 Amazon! NEVER use it, absolutely dreadful set-up - still have to pay for the privelege of once having made the mistake of ordering something from them though. Of course they (like everyone else) retain all the data, they're the one that is protected - all they're required to do is draw your attention to where you can find out what they're going to do with it, i.e. sell it to the highest bidder.

I now try to avoid ebay like the plague but use Amazon all the time. any problems I have had with Amazon has been sorted out fast and efficient and the returns are free too.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

crapday69 wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 18:46 Can I also state (as I work for Royal Mail) when you get your Chinese packet through your letterbox, please have a look at the address. The writing is so small and all over the place, the postcode is not always where it should be. In the mail centres, we get thousands of these packets every night and they suck the life right out of you when sorting them.

So please think happy thoughts about us postmen/women every time you buy something from China. Keep buy tho as it keeps me in a job LOL.

BTW Gibbo its over 500 years trading lol

And still can't get it right. :-D
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Paypal refunded my money immediately when I pointed out that the seller had listed the faulty item as UK but wanted it returned to China.
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

well we do sort and deliver far more parcels than all the other UK delivery companies put together, so out of the billion items we sort and deliver each year, as a percentage how many do we get wrong. Add up all the complaints from all the other postal couriers in the UK and I bet there are more complaints. The nearest courier company to me is 7 miles across the city, can you imagine trying to collect a parcel during rush hour, my Royal Mail delivery office is only a mile away.

I have seen parcels/letters with no addresses on them, so if that does not get delivered the sender will complain (they dont realise they haven't put an address or put an incomplete address on it). Yes mistakes are made but we are still one of the best postal companies in the world. I sometimes wish Royal Mail done an advertising campaign showing people the mistakes THE CUSTOMERS make when sending items through the post, that way they might check twice before posting.

Remember also that The Post Office is not part of Royal Mail, so keep their complains separate ;)

Remember the BUZZ words here "Over A Billion".

Rant over
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

BTW Gibbo I know your answer was tongue in cheek so I wasn't having a rant at you lol
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Post by bobins »

crapday69 wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 19:45 I have seen parcels/letters with no addresses on them, so if that does not get delivered the sender will complain (they dont realise they haven't put an address or put an incomplete address on it). Yes mistakes are made but we are still one of the best postal companies in the world. I sometimes wish Royal Mail done an advertising campaign showing people the mistakes THE CUSTOMERS make when sending items through the post, that way they might check twice before posting.
Having had to deal with the public for many years in previous jobs, I came to the conclusion many years ago that there's nowt so stupid as public :lol:

As the quote - probably erroneously - attributed to Einstein goes: 'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.'
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

Talking about Chinese packets, dont buy sex toys from china, they dont come in a box. I've had many a rubber sex toy come in a white plastic bag and you can feel what it is balls and all lol.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No Comment! 👀
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Too...
much...
information...
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)
Location: Live & work in London but weekend in Devon (or do I now live in Torbay & work in London?)
My Cars: Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club (quietly sleeping in a parallel universe)
'05 (yes, really) C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
'96 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the "donor"
'99 Jeep Cherokee Orvis - the green one
'97 Jeep Cherokee Limited - the red one
'99 Cadillac Seville STS
'96 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
& numerous what might be described as abandoned projects!

Post by van ordinaire »

It was me that pitched Royal Mail's experience at 100 years, the postal service as we now understand it being a Victorian invention. I appreciate that there were mail coaches long before that - one only has to look at traditional Christmas card imagery - but I'm not sure there's any real comparison.

As for Royal Mail & the Post Office that's a distinction without difference, so far as the public is concerned: stamps, to send things by Royal Mail, until relatively recently were only sold by the Post Office & if the item won't go in a pillar box or, e.g., you want proof of posting, you have to hand it in at a Post Office; similarly if, for whatever reason, the item can't be left at the address to which it was sent, you have to collect it from - yes, that's right, the Post Office!
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

van ordinaire wrote: 30 Apr 2019, 06:22 similarly if, for whatever reason, the item can't be left at the address to which it was sent, you have to collect it from - yes, that's right, the Post Office!

We have only recently started leaving things at post offices and thats only if requested by the sender. The item always went back to the delivery office for collection. May be in some small villages there might have been some agreements made. Parcel force was the only ones to use the Post Office in that way.

As a company Royal Mail celebrated there 500th birthday in 2016 meaning that as a company we are 500 years old, just ask Henry the Vlll :-D

http://500years.royalmailgroup.com

I understand that Royal Mail and the Post Office where run by the same company for a long time until Royal Mail was privatised. British Telecom use to be part of the same company known as the GPO or General Post Office. Now we are 3 different companies.