What are my option if I wanna upgrade my car with USB and bluetooth streaming?

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

TodiCroitor
My Cars: C5 1.6 Hdi vtr+ 2009

What are my option if I wanna upgrade my car with USB and bluetooth streaming?

Post by TodiCroitor »

Hi,
I have a 2009 C5 and by default I have only AUX inputs but I would love to have the option to stream via bluetooth or even USB and also a way to show the track on the display?
Does anyone have done that? What would be my options?

Thanks a lot guys!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: What are my option if I wanna upgrade my car with USB and bluetooth streaming?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

HI Dani

As you have the MyWay system (I moved your thread to the telematics section for MyWay). you'll be aware that bluetooth streaming is not supported.

The only option is to either purchase something like a DAB unit with bluetooth support that can them transmit MP3 music from your phone or the built in SD card to the car's head unit via FM transmission.

Or you could get something like a Yatour unit that are available in different options that work similarly. The Yatour system only works via mimicking the CD Changer, so can only layout folders like CD1, CD2 to CD6 etc. and then the individual music files need to be copied into the folders.

So there are several options.

Here's the sort of thing I'm talking about that would give you DAB radio too:
Todi A.PNG
Todi B.PNG
Both these provide DAB radio and Bluetooth music - there are lots of variations and connection options.

The RT6 Head Unit also supports bluetooth music streaming, but may be a more expensive option, as you would need to also upgrade your colour display unit with the High resolution version to be compatible.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Re: What are my option if I wanna upgrade my car with USB and bluetooth streaming?

Post by Xantippa »

Does myway with cd-changer support cd-text as does the internal cd-player on myway? If so, I wonder why Yatour or some other usb-bluetooth-box doesn´t support track titles?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No only the cd text for the main player in the Head Unit as you say.

Marc
TodiCroitor
My Cars: C5 1.6 Hdi vtr+ 2009

Post by TodiCroitor »

Thanks Mark,
I’m thinking of upgrading to rt6 I have to see what would be the most adorable option, a 3rd party solution an actually rt6.
From what you know how can I identify an rt6? From my searches on google they seems to look the same as myway unit.
GiveMeABreak wrote: 05 Dec 2018, 13:51 HI Dani

As you have the MyWay system (I moved your thread to the telematics section for MyWay). you'll be aware that bluetooth streaming is not supported.

The only option is to either purchase something like a DAB unit with bluetooth support that can them transmit MP3 music from your phone or the built in SD card to the car's head unit via FM transmission.

Or you could get something like a Yatour unit that are available in different options that work similarly. The Yatour system only works via mimicking the CD Changer, so can only layout folders like CD1, CD2 to CD6 etc. and then the individual music files need to be copied into the folders.

So there are several options.

Here's the sort of thing I'm talking about that would give you DAB radio too:
Todi A.PNGTodi B.PNG
Both these provide DAB radio and Bluetooth music - there are lots of variations and connection options.

The RT6 Head Unit also supports bluetooth music streaming, but may be a more expensive option, as you would need to also upgrade your colour display unit with the High resolution version to be compatible.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Dani

The RT6 does look very similar, but the MyWay (RNEG) has an SD card Slot, whereas the eMyWay (RT6) does not.
MyWay.png
RT6 Head Unit.jpg
MyWay (RNEG)eMyWay (RT6)
Remember you will need to upgrade the colour screen to a DG4 Hi Res screen too.

Marc
lorddevereux
My Cars: 2010 C5 V6 HDi Tourer
2006 307SW HDi 136
1992 205 GRDT

Post by lorddevereux »

Also bear in mind the bluetooth streaming on the RT6 is in my view poor, because it only shows the connected device not song/album info like better head units. It does let you change tracks though!
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

lorddevereux wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 12:51 Also bear in mind the bluetooth streaming on the RT6 is in my view poor, because it only shows the connected device not song/album info like better head units. It does let you change tracks though!

In that case I would go with a bluetooth receiver with audio out connected to the AUX. You'll be able to skip tracks from the receiver and will avoid the problem of RF interference by using the AUX input.
marroko
My Cars: Partner Tepee 09 Outdoor

Post by marroko »

Homer wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 07:54
lorddevereux wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 12:51 Also bear in mind the bluetooth streaming on the RT6 is in my view poor, because it only shows the connected device not song/album info like better head units. It does let you change tracks though!

In that case I would go with a bluetooth receiver with audio out connected to the AUX. You'll be able to skip tracks from the receiver and will avoid the problem of RF interference by using the AUX input.
What's the device you chose for this?
John1
My Cars: Citroen DS3

Post by John1 »

marroko wrote: 31 May 2020, 16:03

Search for Bluetooth jack device (Search for one without battery and plug it to constant 12v)
Or FM bluetooth transmitter..
marroko
My Cars: Partner Tepee 09 Outdoor

Post by marroko »

John1 wrote: 31 May 2020, 20:46

Search for Bluetooth jack device (Search for one without battery and plug it to constant 12v)
Yeah that's the one I was looking for using, I was looking for a way to having it powered without having a cable to the lighter but I can't find an easy way for that
John1
My Cars: Citroen DS3

Post by John1 »

marroko wrote: 01 Jun 2020, 11:23
John1 wrote: 31 May 2020, 20:46

Yeah that's the one I was looking for using, I was looking for a way to having it powered without having a cable to the lighter but I can't find an easy way for that
What im going for its pretty simple.
Find a AUX BT box with connection for 12v and wire it to lighter or something.
Hide it on glovebox, and it will be always powered and hidden.
I have found some stuff over aliexpress but still gotta think about it
Xantippa
My Cars: Now:
C5 X7 HDi 240 Exclusive Tourer
ZOE 22kwh Intense
Before:
C4 1,6 Coupe Automatic
C5 X7 HDi136 Exclusive Sedan A
Xantia HDi110 Berline
Xantia 1,8SX Berline

Post by Xantippa »

Yatour bluetooth box for RD4 works just fine. You can skip tracks and installation is plug and play.
concon255
My Cars: Peugeot 208 GTi 30th (Sold)
BMW M135i Pre-LCI

Re: Lexia? Diagbox?

Post by concon255 »

Hello,

Sorry to bring up an old thread; I'm new to the forum and looking for a bit of advice.
I have recently bought a Yatour BTA to install in my girlfriend's car. I know how to install it, however I understand that I need to use Diagbox to enable the auxiliary cd changer port. Could someone advise me if this is true, and if so, can someone point me in the right direction on how to get it coded?

My girlfriend's car is a 2011 Citroen C3 with Myway and I'm based in Buntingford, Herts.
Thanks!

If the MyWay system was not shipped with an optional CD changer (likely), then the function has to be enabled in the customer options or RNEG ECU configuration. The option you are looking for will be "CD changer or USB BOX" or similar and setting it from 'absent' to 'present'.

Typically you will need a somebody with Diagbox software and a VCI to do this.

Here is a list of members and a Google map at the end of those with kits that are willing to help. Use the Private Message system to contact any of them.

List of Lexia Owners

Edit: Thanks GiveMeABreak for the info!
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 03 Sep 2020, 12:31, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Moved to MyWay section of the Telematics Forum
concon255
My Cars: Peugeot 208 GTi 30th (Sold)
BMW M135i Pre-LCI

Post by concon255 »

Update on installing the BTA receiver:

Installation of the BTA receiver went fairly straightforward; it was a bit of a bugger to take the radio out, but once that was out it was a simple plug in job.

A very nice member called MickTheMaverick came to program my girlfriend's car yesterday using his Diagbox. Unfortunately, we had a fundamental issue where the Diagbox would not recognise the car at all. We tried to see if there was a potential issue with the Diagbox, however we plugged it into Mick's C5 and had no trouble recognising the car and reading the VIN number. There was possibly one attempt out of over a dozen where the Diagbox 'might have' recognised the car, but we can't be too sure (it looked as though it recognised the VIN at one point, but not certain).

Would anyone have any reason/information on why the system is not recognising the car? Mick's Diagbox unit is using software number 7.62 and uses a later version of the hardware unit.

TIA