306 HDi - No throttle response and stuck on 1300 rpm... Have I cooked my ECU?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 306 HDi - No throttle response and stuck on 1300 rpm... Have I cooked my ECU?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If it helps I'll post up the complete wiring diagram for the MAF and TPS that should identify your earthing and termination.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: 306 HDi - No throttle response and stuck on 1300 rpm... Have I cooked my ECU?

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, here you go - this one is specific to your car with your options. Your 'MC**' are your earthing points. You can see the TPS and MAF bottom right as indicated on my last post which gives you the wiring functions for those parts. Note: Anything on the diagram with 'marching ants' around it is optional equipment that may not be fitted.

Look here on the Wiki for other electrical codes:

https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/wiki/Elect ... ring_Codes

Marc
picassodad
My Cars: pug306, citroen picasso

Post by picassodad »

Brill mark, do you have the legend that says whats what, like 1160 are the engine heater plugs ??

What exact info would you need for stuff like this for our 306 hdi estate please ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Have a look at our Wiki here:
https://frenchcarforum.co.uk/wiki/Elect ... ring_Codes
This will list the section with the most common component codes for wiring diagrams used by PSA vehicles.

I can only provide a diagram for a specific function (like injection or Alternator etc.) as it takes a little while to extract, format, upload and post.

Marc
dave_xsara
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: Xsara 2.0HDi 90

Post by dave_xsara »

picassodad wrote: 23 Nov 2018, 10:58 from time to time will reduce engine power when going around a right hand bend at speedo, but only very very occasionally.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post ... tm?t=36574
Recently had a customer with this same problem, no throttle response for up to five seconds more evident after hard cornering, after exhaustive testing i sourced the fault to a miss adjusted brake pedal switch, customer had spent alot of money previously and had been told ecu fault, 'fly by wire' throttle housing, egr valve etc etc.

The brake switch cuts throttle action when depressed hence being miss adjusted a signal was being sent to the ecu telling it both the throttle and brake were being pressed together, with this information the ecu cuts throttle opening. It appears this is a common problem that is costing customers hundreds of pounds when a quick adjustment is all the is needed, even a new switch is only £8.00.

Hope this helps.
Probably too late for you, but found this elsewhere when searching about my own issues.
picassodad
My Cars: pug306, citroen picasso

Post by picassodad »

Thanks Dave xsara, was thinking along similar lines but the citroen ( xsara picasso 1.8 petrol ) is not with me at the moment as still welding up the pug, near finished near side then onto off side front of sill/jacking point area that is not as bad. Hope to get it finished and mot'd before mid july as we want to go on holiday in it!

If the doctor knew what i was getting up to he would go mad, had an "incident" last Jan and lucky to survive. Pills keep me alive these days.

Was gunna start at the fuel tank as no fuel pressure sensor and just a relief valve in the tank, no access hatch thru the floor so tank off, real creative technology eh!

Yeah ecu confused, remember the volvo v70 one, brake light issue ( brake lights on all the time ) causing domino effect with car refusing to start/run.