MyWay Radio Phone Help

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

cantavoidcitroen
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 2.0 HDI VTR (Nav) - 10/11/2018

MyWay Radio Phone Help

Post by cantavoidcitroen »

As of today I am now an owner of a 2010 Citroen C5 2.0 HDI VTR+ (Nav) and I am trying to get to grips with the MyWay head unit and have come across an issue regarding the address book. I am able to receive calls and dial a number but can't use the address book menu to call any numbers that I have saved on my phone. I have also tried to create a new contact via the phone menu but when it comes to save I am presented with a "Please Wait" screen that doesn't seem to disappear, unless I press "List" on the steering wheel and of course the number doesn't save.

The phone that I am using is a Samsung Galaxy S7 if this any help?

Hopefully someone will be able to give me some advice :)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: MyWay Radio Phone Help

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi and welcome.

The MyWay unit has no hard drive in the system and relies on flash memory. When a new phone is paired it can take a significant amount of time (and the car needs to be running) for the address details to synchronise. If the car is switched off the connection is terminated unless on a call, so will interrupt the process.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
cantavoidcitroen
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 2.0 HDI VTR (Nav) - 10/11/2018

Post by cantavoidcitroen »

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. Everything that I was trying was done with only the ignition on. I'll have another look tomorrow, hopefully with desired results. Really appreciate the helpful info :)
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

As the OP is my son i will now update this thread as the main issue has been resolved :)
Thanks to Marc i now have the updates for the firmware for the head unit but being non tech savvy i have yet to get the update to work but back top the issue.
In frustration of not getting the system to accept the SD card with the update on i decided to get the head unit to do a factory reset with the engine running.
Once that was done the unit now behaves itself, within seconds of pairing a phone it allows access to the phone book of the phone as it should do.
It has been tested on 2 phones and works with both so =D>

Still going to keep trying the firmware update when i finally understand the technical process :rofl2:
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just use a free programme like 7Zip to extract the files onto a FAT32 formatted SD card from your PC. Don’t actually leave the firmware archive itself on the SD card though, just the extracted files.

Switch vehicle off, wait 5 minutes to allow the Head Unit to sleep, and insert the SD card, then start the engine and it should start the firmware upgrade process - but NEVER interrupt the process or you risk bricking the unit.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Just a thought about computers. For updating the maps on my C5 I have to use a Windows machine as a Mac infects every writable device with a load of invisible files and folders (don't know about Linux machines). These invisible files interfere with the process.

Possibly the same for this update?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
admiral51
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Marc i do have the correct info only on the SD card, checked with your sticky and exactly the same so got that bit right :)
Bad news is i moved the car into the driveway, switched it off and inserted SD and then started it up, thing i did not do was wait for it to go back to sleep for 5 mins so will try it again this weekend doing it the correct way.

Paul anything is possible with me and tech, but i think on this one i may have done it 50% correct lol