My Cars: Currently:
59-plate C5 Mk III 3.0 HDi Tourer
56-plate C4 Grand Picasso 2.0 HDi EGS
53-plate Saxo 1.1 Desire
Previous:
Xantia, ZX, 2CV, Mehari

Headphones supplied with C4GP DVD system

Post by splinternet »

My 2007 '56' reg C4GP came with the DVD entertainment system, it works fine but the foam covers on the wireless headphones are shot. I wouldn't have thought for a moment that these covers are a Citroen replacement part (probably not even the complete headphone unit themselves, though it would seem a little over the top to have to replace these just for the sake of some foam). Questions: (1) does the earpiece itself (i.e. the bit that sits on the ear) come off (by pulling? twisting??) so that I could fit a new cover - the cover is folded neatly under the lip of the earpiece body to make a tight fit. I notice two small screws immediately above the earpiece, are these perhaps securing the earpiece to the headphone body? (2) can any other wireless headphones be used instead?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Headphones supplied with C4GP DVD system

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You are correct - they are sold as a complete headphone unit part 6574 C2 at a mere :shock: £96.36 :shock: inclusive.

So if I were you, I'd take a look at this link and choose a pair of spare covers for a couple of quid and replace them - most just pop over the foam pad:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/replacement-headphone-pads

There are no details on disassembly - so it will have to be trial and error. If they are wireless bluetooth ones - have you tried pairing a different set - I can't see that they would need to be a bespoke set for the system...
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc