Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

alDispatch
My Cars: Citroen C1 (2007)

Re: Merged Lexia & Diagbox threads

Post by alDispatch »

Thanks for the quick response!

1)Lexia wasn't an option, i double checked now without a car nearby and selected Jumpy/Dispatch which although asks 'please connect VCI' (when it was already) if I just ignore and click to the next page it has diagbox or lexia buttons.. whereas C1 doesn't have both, it only asks for the VIN and goes straight to diagbox.
2)When plugging in and out the VCI the Actia USB device and USB com board evolution drivers show up in device manager of the virtual machine, so it makes me think the usb pass through is working?
3) I probably already had the ignition on, will try without tomorow
4)Not sure if the VCI is full chip, I remember having issues initially to get it to talk to my old van and the seller vehiclediagnosticsuk talking through checking/flashing it.
5)I wonder if there's a Toyota version of a diagbox/Lexia type system?

Yeah, it was bad enough with the old 32bit OS Laptop, but this is a whole new level of frustration.. :twisted:
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've done a bit more digging and there shouldn't be an issue with Diagbox communicating with the C1, so that rules that out.

You could always try and connect the VCI with the engine running in case it's a battery problem - to rule that out.

Ensure all the firewall ports on the Host and guest Operating System are set to allow communication through the VCI - they may be open on the guest OS during install, but the Host OS may be blocking communications.

These are just a few more options to check.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
alDispatch

Post by alDispatch »

Still no luck.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling usb drivers, trying ignition/engine on and off, firewalls off, Guest shows USB PSA device attached and Actia drivers running when plugged in, but it always asks for VIN and never communicates, i think it is full chip (A.1281 Z) was about £100 in Feb 2016.. Waiting to see if the seller has any advice, although VM not supported. I'm Running .Net 4.0 maybe my Virtual XP is missing something?
alDispatch

Post by alDispatch »

I have managed to rule out, or maybe narrow down my issues...

I tested my Virtual Machine(VM) Diagbox 7.02 / VCI 4.3.0 on a friends Peugeot 407, and it works!? (I'm excited to get my first ever 32bit VM running on 64bit Win 10, but annoyed I've faffed with many installs when it worked all along, just not on my car :()

I had also bought a £4.25 ELM27 OBD2 reader and that does actually work on my C1's port. I can read most of the live data and faults in the Torque App, but after about 6 fresh installs of XP and Diagbox in various ways, it turns out that was never the problem (I guess) as it does work on the 2012 407 just not my 2007 C1, and I know the VCI also used to work on my 2009 Dispatch.

Could it be I have a non full chip reader, or can my port be malfunctioning on certain pins? There is 12v on pins 4/5 to 16 are there any fuses I should check or specific pins for data transfer?? Another thought, could Diagbox 7.02-7.04 be broken for the C1? Now I know my VCI works I'll update to maybe 7.62<< that's best before telecoding was removed more and more I think?

*EDIT -- UPDATE: Installed 7.57 and still no communication between C1 and VCI

I don't think my VCI is full Chip, it seems to be missing a 10k resistor as some do? :
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

I soldered on a 10k resistor as recommended on another forum, but it still doesn't work, really frustrating after all this time wasted, think i'll have to find a real full chip board somewhere else.
10k resistor soldered on.jpg
Don't buy Lexia Diagbox VCI from VehicleDiagnosticsUK on Ebay as it's not a real full chip, and he doesn't answer emails.

Al
Last edited by alDispatch on 10 Jan 2018, 15:15, edited 2 times in total.
deuchebleu
My Cars: xxxxxxxxxx

Lexia 3 V45 CD anyone?

Post by deuchebleu »

Anyone got a copy of the Lexia 3 V45 installation CD to lend, copy or sell to me? Or even a link to somewhere reliable to download it from.
I had this running with a W2000 laptop quite a few years ago and it was very useful solving EGR and Aircon issues. I've not needed to use it since but over Christmas I put XP running in VirtualBox on my current laptop with the intention of installing it there. However, despite a thorough search the CD/DVD could not be found. I can't imagine throwing it out but we have moved house twice since then. A slightly later version might be OK but I know that this version works OK with my hardware and my car.
John
alDispatch

Post by alDispatch »

I have V45 I'll send you a PM when it uploads to my online drive.
kevino
My Cars: i have a c5 vtr which i love.
Ive had, visa GT, 2cv, dyane, BX X 5, 2x xsaras, mark 1&2.

Post by kevino »

Hi guys, can i ask a favour? Ive just bought the cruise control stalk and i am awaiting it being delivered. Once i install it i will need the cruise control turning on! As i understand it that involves a lexia which i dont have. Can i ask someone a favour and urn it on for me using a lexia. I live in blackpool and can travel but not too far as im skint owing to being made redundent recently.
Cheers kev.
I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my granddad, not screaming like his passengers
micdesa
New User
My Cars: citroen c5 x7

BSI NO DIALOG - Citroen C5 X7

Post by micdesa »

Hi Guys,

Sorry for my bad English

I modified some settings on my citroen c5 using Lexia 345. In order to apply the changes it asks me for code and I insert 03114.
The operation completed successfully.

After that I can't able to read bsi info anymore.

Lexia and Diagbox show me "BSI no dialog" error. I tried to reset the BSI but there are no changes.
The messdage is the same "BSI no dialog". Now I to change some settings becasue my lights and my arrows doesn't work anymore.

I'm desperate. I tried different version of lecia and diagbox but the prbolem still there.

Please help me!!!! I'm desperate.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You really should of been using Diagbox to start with on the X7 as Lexia is unaware of all the newer ECUs and is no longer updated.

As for your problem, assuming the car has not gone into Economy Mode, then you may have left your BSI in a non readable state. The BSI should not really need to be touched, as most customer options can be done from the customer configuration or repair menus.

I fear that you may have to get it taken to a Citroen dealer if it is not drivable. IF they can access it using their dignostic, they may be able to download the configuration file for the BSI and then they will need to ensure that the options are correct for your car.

If they cannot access the BSI you are looking at a new one, or a second hand one - BUT if you choose a second hand one, you will also need to replace the engine ECU and the Car Key transponder fobs.

I know this on not what you want to hear, but this is one of the risks you take if you are not sure what you are doing. It is very easy to brick the BSI if not careful. They can’t easily be erased and reprogrammed either and. Itrown will not do this, they will only supply a new one.

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

A few other things:
  • Have you tried running the engine after it askes you to connect the VCI? - it is possible the car has gone into economy mode and is preventing dialogue with the car due to power conservation.
Note: If the battery voltage is between 8V and 8.8V for 500 ms it will cut off of the diagnostics.
If the battery voltage is between 7.2V and 8V for 500 ms it will cut off transmissions on the CAN IS network.
  • Once you have the car engine running, try a Global Test and see if it picks up any of the other ECUs on the vehicle.
  • If you have another Peugeot or Citroen vehicle - you can test your VCI interface on it to check it is working
  • Have you inserted the USB connectors into ALL the USB ports and allowed the drivers to install on each USB port? Sometimes using a different USB port will cause connection issues if the driver has not installed proerly on that particular port.
  • Lastly - are you sure you have a 'Full-Chip' Revision C interface with ALL the hardware - some of the cheaper clones are missing components that will cause problems talking to the C5 and some other vehicles - or have will have intermittent issues.
  • Are you sure your Interface has not deactivated itself? Choosing some operations / functions in Diagbox where it askes for a technician's name, log-in and password and you cancel this part, the interface will deactivate. Restoring your licence file should restore the software back working once you have restarted the Laptop / Notebook.
Just a few suggestions you can try as you haven't mentioned that you have tried any of these. :wink:

Marc
micdesa
New User

Re: BSI NO DIALOG - Citroen C5 X7

Post by micdesa »

Hi Guys, my BSI was virginized.

Is there any tutorial for reprogrammingit via DIAGBOX.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
thanks

micdesa wrote: 22 Jan 2018, 19:29 Hi Guys,

Sorry for my bad English

I modified some settings on my citroen c5 using Lexia 345. In order to apply the changes it asks me for code and I insert 03114.
The operation completed successfully.

After that I can't able to read bsi info anymore.

Lexia and Diagbox show me "BSI no dialog" error. I tried to reset the BSI but there are no changes.
The messdage is the same "BSI no dialog". Now I to change some settings becasue my lights and my arrows doesn't work anymore.

I'm desperate. I tried different version of lecia and diagbox but the prbolem still there.

Please help me!!!! I'm desperate.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The BSI configuration SPECIFIC TO YOUR VEHICLE will normally need to be downloaded via the Citroen servers, for which you must have an account. IF the BSI has truly been 'virginsed', then you will also need your engine ECU matched and coded and your key fobs with the transponders also matched after the BSI has been programmed and the settings stored.

There is no tutorial for reprogramming - this is usually done by the Citroen techs using their servers (and may take up to 3 attempts to programme. After that manual checking is also done to ensure all the options are correct.

So several things need doing - programming the BSI, matching the Engine ECU, Programming the keys. This is quite a risky procedure and personally I would personally pay for the diagnostic time at a Citroen dealership to ensure it is done properly.

Marc
micdesa
New User

Post by micdesa »

ok thanks......
TouringRob
My Cars: E46 M3, RS Turbo, Old Jag XJR, CBR1000rr, Ducati 748, 328i Touring, Vauxhall HB Viva, C4 Sx,

Post by TouringRob »

Hi there,

Is this a recommended diagnostic kit?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REV-C-LEXIA- ... SwD8ZZ66nB

I will be using it on a 2008 1.6 C4 and hope to read diagnostic info from engine ecu and also auto transmission controller. Car keeps falling into limp mode, stuck in 3rd etc.

Would I also be able to reset gearbox adoptions using this kit?

Thanks very much
Rob,
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are plenty of suppliers of these kits, but the really cheap ones may not be 'full-chip' kits. That one looks OK, but I have only used Easydiagnostics:

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=57990

This supplier is used by a lot of members and there is a member discount code - see the post above and then you can make your decision. UK-based support may also be a factor in your purchasing decision, so consider that too.

Marc