Everyone go buy a dashcam

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: Everyone go buy a dashcam

Post by bobins »

You know as well as I do that in this instance that argument wouldn't even get near a court.
For a start there'd be the argument that he didn't 'overtake on the left' but merely drew level whilst negotiating a roundabout - which isn't an offence.
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
crapday69
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 Tourer 1.6 eHDi VTR+NAV

Post by crapday69 »

Michel wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 14:13 Highway code rule 268 : (rule 268): "Do not overtake on the left or move to a lane on your left to overtake"

Which crapday appears to have done after the CRV passed him.

DWDCA?

How could I have under taken on the inside if he was if he was in front me. Thats how he crashed into the front side of me with his side.

Anyway it doesn't matter what anyone on here thinks as his insurance, the hire car company and my lawyer all say that I am 100% not to blame. [-o<

Gary.
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

crapday69 wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 14:41

How could I have under taken on the inside if he was if he was in front me. Thats how he crashed into the front side of me with his side.

Well, he was way ahead of you at the roundabout and even ahead of you on It, so either you went up his inside close enough for him to hit you when he came left (must have been halfway alongside him at least) or he slowed and turned left into you suddenly.
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

Michel wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 12:50
wheeler wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 12:41 I would say the CRV was 100% at fault here, they should have stayed in their lane when exiting the roundabout, there is plenty of road ahead & they shouldn't have changed lane without checking mirrors/blind spot to check it was clear before moving into it.

I disagree and think it's 50-50 at best. The CRV is ahead, the OP then passes him on the left which you're not supposed to do, and the CRV is simply moving left out of the path of the faster black car, which he is supposed to do. If anything the CRV driver didn't anticipate someone under taking and pulled left into them. 50-50 or the fault of the undertaker.

Im laughing at this. So its ok to change lanes on a roundabout your going straight on, NO you stay in your lane. If you have to move in to let a faster car past then you wait till your on a straight stretch of road. I also never undertook anyone. The definition of undertake is to pass someone, he stays in front ay ALL times.

Glad your not a cop or you'd soon lose your job.

Gary
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

Michel wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 14:45 or he slowed and turned left into you suddenly.

Got it al last. I stop right away as soon as he hit me, he drives on for another 5 seconds. Lucky I was not going fast or this could have been a lot worse.

Like I said, every one that matters got it right.

Gary.
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

FFS he swerved into me its so clear. some people need to go to specsavers :rofl2:

Go to 8 seconds and watch him SWERVE in FRONT of me.

Gary.
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

He's not in front of you at 9,10, or 11 seconds into it. There is no swerve.
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

Michel wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 14:52 He's not in front of you at 9,10, or 11 seconds into it. There is no swerve.

You are blind aren't you. At 9,10 and 11 seconds he is in front of he. He is in front of me in all the video. he should have been in the other lane.

Could you please explain why, when there are 2 lanes approaching the roundabout, 2 lanes on the roundabout and two lanes leaving the roundabout, he decided to Cut into my lane.

Like I said, I've been paid out by people that know the law more than some guy on a forum.

Gary.
EDC5
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 RHR AM6

Post by EDC5 »

crapday69 wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 15:07
Michel wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 14:52 He's not in front of you at 9,10, or 11 seconds into it. There is no swerve.

You are blind aren't you. At 9,10 and 11 seconds he is in front of he. He is in front of me in all the video. he should have been in the other lane.

Could you please explain why, when there are 2 lanes approaching the roundabout, 2 lanes on the roundabout and two lanes leaving the roundabout, he decided to Cut into my lane.

Like I said, I've been paid out by people that know the law more than some guy on a forum.

Gary.

I agree with your drawing Crappy. 2 lanes in, 2 lanes out for straight on... no need to change lanes at all.

This is all down to the front driver not checking his blind spot (or indeed doing any looking back) and drifting over into your lane.

However, as you were approaching the roundabout faster than him he probably never even knew you existed (coupled with the poor visibility of the CR-V), not that it is any excuse. That’s why I don’t like 'passing' (overtaking, undertaking) on roundabouts because sometimes slower drivers don’t expect anybody to draw level to them and think they have the entire width of the carriageway to themselves.
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

AFAIC at this roundabout you give way, there is no stop lines or sign so if there is nothing on the roundabout you can enter it without stopping, thats what I did. If he decides to stop does that mean everybody else on the inside must stop and wait for him to enter the roundabout.

Also some people go really slow around roundabouts, so again does that mean we must all go slow. The police should start charging people that hog the outside lane. This roundabout is on a 50mph road in which people do 30 on the outside lane, not that, that has anything to do with this guy charging lanes at the wrong time on a roundabout.

Gary.
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

look at this cyclist in the outside lane of a very busy road, a road I don't like using as it too busy and with no right turn for nearly a mile there is no need for him to be in that lane unless he is looking for SBC.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 09:42 I think you were probably lucky to get away with that one crappy, most insurers (and the cops) would say that you should have anticipated that the other car was going to do that.

I have to agree, that collision was entirely avoidable if you'd just backed off a touch instead of sitting in his blindspot.

You dove up his inside at what looks to be a fair lick, he had little to no chance of ever seeing you. For self preservation I would have made sure I was in a position he either could definitely see me (i.e. in front of him) or dropped back enough to give him room to do something stupid.

It doesn't matter that it's not your fault, you could have avoided the hassle of making a claim, going to physio, etc. for the sake of dropping back eight feet.

Having said that, I don't have a dashcam precisely because it could provide evidence against me. :shock:
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

He didn't have to see me, he just had to stay in his lane. Id hate to be driving around a lot of you guys if you keep changing lanes for no reason on a roundabout.

Gary
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Overtake on the right then return to the left is proper lane discipline. :)
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
crapday69
(Donor 2017)

Post by crapday69 »

Homer wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 17:03
It doesn't matter that it's not your fault, you could have avoided the hassle of making a claim, going to physio, etc. for the sake of dropping back eight feet.

We can all avoid most crashes, stop driving. It doesn't matter what I done if he thinks its ok to do what he did, if it wasn't me that time then it would be someone else next time.

I'm gonna say this one more time, the people that matter knew it was 100% not my fault, so a bunch of amateur traffic cops isn't gonna make any difference.

Gary.