C5 X7 2-in-1 navigation tutorial

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: C5 X7 2-in-1 navigation tutorial

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you have the "RD4/MP3" RDS COMPACT DISC AUDIO SYSTEM, but with independent telematic unit and USB cable already (good - as you'll need that to update the maps etc.)

So the configuring will be key in Diagbox, to ensure the correct screen is picked up and that the options are ok. The Dual tuner settings should be fine as that is what you currently have. I strongly suggest you write or print out a backup of ALL your BSI settings and the Head unit and display ECU configurations before doing the upgrade so you know what the original settings were.

Hard to say whether you will have the positional problem with the sat nav that Vborovic had - time will tell. There should be no reason why the parking assistance should not work - you already have front and rear detection - so that should transfer to the screen.

The steering wheel commands should work once the correct system is configured in Lexia.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
vlad2004v
My Cars: Citroen C5 III 2.0 HDi RHH 163 HP
Citroen C4 I 1.6 HDi 9HY 110 HP

Post by vlad2004v »

One very important question is: Do the conector from my display fit into the new display or Not? I have to cut something?
vlad2004v

Post by vlad2004v »

And the same question for all connectors. All will fit? Even for player ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No - you will need the correct LDVS cable to connect the DG4 screen to the Head Unit. I cannot advise you as to the correct one as there are several depending on the type of system - the RNEG one (used on MyWay) is Part 6593 66. There isn't a listing for the RT6 (eMyWay), so whether the cable is the same I can't say - but the screens are different for these 2 systems.

Marc
vlad2004v

Post by vlad2004v »

The seller has the navigatior player, the display, the frame and a cable between the nav and its display. Now I am asking if the connectors which I will find on my car, for player and small display will fit into the new navigation and display. What do you Think? Thank you a lot!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't really tell you as I have NG4 Navidrive 3D - but have a look back on the first few pages and see if any of the information helps you:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48421
Vborovic went first to MyWay (RNEG) then to RT6 (eMyWay) - he had to order some parts at some stage - GPS receiver I think.

Marc
vlad2004v

Post by vlad2004v »

Unfortunately I couldn't find the information that the connector used on my car is the same with the connector for the new navigation system. Also I don't know why the pictures are not showed on my Safari. The thing is tomorrow I have to tell the seller if I will buy or not the navigation system. If I have not to cut some wires and connectors I will buy it for sure but I must know if the main connector of the player is the same or not. Thanks a lot for your help!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, sorry I can't be of more help - my system is totally different with services module and everything else. I think from what I could read up on the first few pages I linked to was that he needed a microphone and a secondary video cable and the wiring for the microphone - he also had to change the pin outs and buy the GPS receiver. The reason it is difficult to say is that Vborovic did not have the 'Exclusive' to start with, so he would of been missing some wiring for sure. I can't say what you will have as standard until you get the unit out. According to your VIN you already have the microphone and wiring as you have the independent telematics unit installed already.

There are so many options even between Exclusives - depending on options and Head Unit systems that a lot is guesswork until you get the unit out and start seeing what you do and don't have.

I can tell you what you do have from your VIN. Only the parts on the Diagram that are indicated on the key - if they are not on the Key, you don't have them.
Vlad Telematics A.PNG
Vlad Telematics Key.PNG

Marc
vlad2004v

Post by vlad2004v »

Thank you very much for your help, again. It is very useful for me. Yes indeed, I have already USB socket and microphones installed due the fact that my player has Bluetooth and phone call via mobile pairing. It is very complicated to find out if all the harnesses will fit or not, for sure what I don't have is the Fakra connector and the gps antenna. But this I can install as an additional antenna I assume. Also my car has no antenna for radio, I think is an aerial antenna.

All in all, what do you think? It deserves the risk of spending 280€ on the rneg2 + display + dashboard mask?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you don't have the aerial on the roof, then your current radio will be wired into the rear window screen (screen printed).
The Quad lock harness should be fine - it is the LDVS video and secondary cable that I am not sure about.

If you did take a chance and try it, and you can't get it to work without a lot of pain, you can always re-sell it. I'm sure there are others looking to upgrade their cars. Best of luck whatever you decide. :wink:

Marc
vlad2004v

Post by vlad2004v »

Thank you very much for your support. I will try to buy it and let's hope it will work. I will let you know for sure. And if it will work, I will sell my actual audio system and display, togheter with the dashboard, to save some money.
vlad2004v

Post by vlad2004v »

Hi. I have bought the navigation RNEG2 that I was talking about. What is still unclear for me and perhaps you can help me...I can't found if the brown connector from my small display is the same with the connector from RNEG2 display. Or if not, if I have to adapt the connector according to the pinout indicated from the colleague vbrovic. But if I have to do this, then what will happen with my connector from the car? Shall I leave it in the air there? Thank you very much for your help, again.
vlad2004v

Post by vlad2004v »

I found out that the old small display has a completly different connector. Therefore my question is: Shall I leave it in the air and link the connector from display with + and gnd? I will not have troubles with error codes?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

vlad2004v wrote: 01 Oct 2017, 08:41 I found out that the old small display has a completely different connector. Therefore my question is: Shall I leave it in the air and link the connector from display with + and gnd? I will not have troubles with error codes?

Old System (RD4) and Mono Screen
Ok, so I've had a look at the wiring diagrams on your current system with the standard audio and screen. There should be a brown 12 pin plug, although only 4 pins are used. These carry the CAN High, CAN Low network signals from the display to the Audio Unit, the Independent Telematic Unit, the Instrument Panel (on the Dash) and the BSI. Additionally, there is a battery positive and a negative. Those are the 4 wires on the brown display plug.

New DG4 Display
The DG4 Colour screen will have 2 connectors.
Usually a 10 Pin White and a 6 Pin Brown.
  • The 6 pin Brown contains the Lighting rheostat control, the positive and earth (only 3 wires used).
  • The 10 Pin White connector will contain all the digital video signals. Both these are connected to the back of the new Head Unit.
You should NOT connect up the brown cable from the old Head Unit, because on the new DG4 display, the CAN signals are not used by the display - they are handled directly by the RT6 unit.

So you need to wait and see what connectors you get with the system - you really need the proper Brown and White ones.

Marc
vlad2004v

Post by vlad2004v »

I have received the interface cable between the display and the RNEG2 unit. It's clear that on the white connector I will insert the interface to the main unit.

For the brown one, I will leave it in the air and deactivate the display type from Lexia. I also received together with the new display the connector from the car. And it has not three wires, but two (photo attached).

Therefore I will connect these two wires to pins 9 and 15 from the main connector of the unit. Is this right?

And for the main connector of RNEG2, everything seems to be fine. So Shall I connect directly my connector from the car with the new unit? Will it work?

Thank you.
Attachments
conn_display_rneg2.JPG