2013 c4 picasso 1.6 hdi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Bigjohn12
My Cars: C8 Picasso
C4 picasso

2013 c4 picasso 1.6 hdi

Post by Bigjohn12 »

Hi I'm new here I have a c4 picasso 1.6hdi I have various abs esp lights on when I run scanner on it it says 4% abdditive in tank I have put 1 litre in and still says 4% will not let me reset it also says no comms with abs unit anyone able to help thanks
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: 2013 c4 picasso 1.6 hdi

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

First, let me welcome you to the Forum. :welc:

Now, what type of scanner did you use? If it was a generic ODB scanner it is unlikely to work, as the PSA group (being a law unto themselves, as they are French) tend to use their own protocols. You will need to use a Lexia clone (which talks PSA) to get the car to communicate clearly. There are forum members who have such equipment and are willing to help. If you take a look on the following link you can see who is closest to you;

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=56452

Unfortunately there does not appear to be anybody with a Lexia living on the Isle of Man.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Bigjohn12
C4 picasso

Post by Bigjohn12 »

Thanks for your help I think I will have to buy one they easy to use ?
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

They are easy to use WHEN you know how to use them. The Lexia is far more than a code reader. For example, when I added Cruise Control to my C5 I went into the menu relating to the Driver Switch Module, changed the option for Cruise Control from "Absent" to "Present", saved the setting, and tested the switches worked. If you want, you can see how the engine is running (in graph or numeric forms). It should be possible (assuming no issues) for you to let the ECUs know you have topped up the additive (although I do not know how to do this, as my C5 does not use the stuff).

If you were to contact Easy Diagnostics and give them the following code they will give you a 15% discount;

FCFMEMBER15

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=56324

You do need to be careful when using a Lexia. It is possible, if you do not take care, to brick an ECU. When I use mine I go with the attitude that, if I do not know what the ECU does, leave it well alone!

While a Lexia is nowhere as cheap as a generic code reader, dealerships will normally charge around £50 for a Lexia session. After a couple of sessions a Lexia will pay for itself (and if you help friends with Citroens or Peugeots you will help them save money as well). You will need a computer to run it on. I am using a Toshiba NB250 netbook, running Windows 7 Starter ( which is a 32bit version). If you want to run a 64bit O/S you WILL need to run a 32bit Virtual Machine, as the Lexia software is so old it CANNOT run in a 64bit environment.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Bigjohn12
C4 picasso

Post by Bigjohn12 »

Hi again I have some fault codes of scanner does anyone know how I can post the picture up here or can I email it to anyone that might be able to help
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

Assistance on how to upload photos here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=56795
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
Bigjohn12
C4 picasso

Post by Bigjohn12 »

Faults are
Additive adding the quantity of additive into fap has exceeded the maximum threshold the gap must be changed=permanent fault

Multiplexed additive adding pump
Pump fault
Permanent fault

Multiplexed additive adding pump
Cam network fault or pump fault
Permanent fault

Fan unit bi-speed incoherence between the setting
(No command)and the cooling fan status
Intermittent fault

I not have two c4's both doing the same thing both just over 100,000 miles
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

IMO. Apart from the fan "fault", the othe faults appear a little contrary. The first one is stating that the maximum amount of additive (which can end up clogging the DPF) has been added during the lifespan of the currently fitted DPF. This implies the additive pump has been working as expected, hence the contradiction of the other faults, though it also possible it packed up after reaching this threshold?

A Diagbox/Lexia diagnostic session can "reset the counter" which should clear the first fault. Whether the DPF is actually clogged is another matter (the threshold counter is a "best guess") and again, a Diagbox/Lexia session can help determine the state of blockage in the DPF through the exhaust pressure differential sensors.
ETA
Assuming the (cooling or heater?) fan unit is faulty, this also needs investigating for obvious reasons and because it may be inhibiting DPF regeneration.
Bigjohn12
C4 picasso

Post by Bigjohn12 »

Hi just an update on this and maybe some more info I sent the abs pump of for testing as all the latest faults pinpointed no comma with abs unit the results come back unit ok what else could cause this I know I have got power going to abs unit as I've tested that any insight would be much appreciated